Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars One Hour Season Premiere Tonight

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars One Hour Season Premiere Tonight

Postby Staff » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:48 am

Reminder: Season 4 Episodes 1 and 2 "Water War" and "Gungan Attack" premiere tonight at 8/7c.

Clone Wars Season 4 Premiers Tonight

"When the king of Mon Cala is assassinated, talks break down between the Mon Calamari people and the Quarren, co-inhabitants of the aquatic world. To stop a civil war, the Republic sends Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, but unbeknownst to them, the Quarren are already being backed by the Separatists. Now the Jedi must protect Mon Cala's new leader, the young Prince Lee-Char, from the attack."

After the show, remember to drop by the forum and share your thoughts!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/09/16/the-clone-wars-one-hour-season-premier-tonight/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars One Hour Season Premiere Tonight

Postby Robzula » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:23 am

I was a little disappointed with this episode. The whole opening setting up the civil war was both too long and too short, being drawn out and boring while at the same time jumping around too much trying to get everything it could out too quickly and with little coherence. The episode would have fared better if they'd just put it all in the opening narration and started straight into the battle. Speaking of the opening narration, they mention that the king was "mysteriously killed" and then completely dropped that plot-line. Perhaps they'll come back to it in the final episode of this arc, but it would have been better if they'd just said he was assassinated and left it at that. That's another thing, they didn't finish the arc. A season premiere is supposed to get us pumped up for watching the rest of the season, but it just kind of crapped out since there was no resolution, no big triumph. Meanwhile, Batman: The Brave and the Bold gave us an episode not only featuring Green Lantern and Star Sapphire, but also including Wonder Woman's first appearance in the cold open, while Young Justice started to get heavy into the plot and threw in some twists and mystery that I can't wait to see unfold (it also introduced Lex Luthor and Ras Al'Ghul to the series).

On the positive side, Kit Fisto really shone in this episode. I really wish they'd have put him in the lead for this episode rather than dumping it on Anakin, who was really out of his element here. Watching all the different species of aquatic aliens, Nautolans, Mon Calamari, Quarren, that shark guy, and the Gungans, in one big battle was pretty sweet. The new preview video that was played during the credits (or it might have been between the two episodes) looked really promising though, so I'm hoping they'll bring out the A game later on in the season.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Re: The Clone Wars One Hour Season Premiere Tonight

Postby Blacknight » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Watching 45 minutes of dark underwater stuff made me drowsy... or maybe it was just the plot thrashing around in the shallow end going nowhere.

Besides that, I didn't find the water that believable - it needed more light distortion effects and especially bubbles given all the movement going on. And I laughed when the "half machine, half monster" secret weapons turned out to just be giant jelly fishes - at least try to give us something sort of alien looking, George. Same goes for the shark general - I'm not even sure why they added him. I don't usually say this but I think I prefer the original Genndy animated series' take on this battle.

The one spectacular moment was the star destroyer arriving and dropping off the gungans.
Blacknight

Return to Star Wars