Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

M-wings From The Community

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

M-wings From The Community

Postby Staff » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:18 am

Jon Palmer introduced the M-wing to the community back in 2003 and since then it's been reimagined by a few members of the AFOL community. And rather than throw a lot of text at you, I'll just shut up and put up some linked pictures. Enjoy!

Don Solo's Custom M-wing

custom M-Wing

Ryan Wood's Agents M-wing

Agents M-Wing: side

Repoort's Neo Classic Space M-wing

NCS M-wing

Fazoom's PCS M-wing

pcsm1

Malravion's Custom M-wing

M-wing

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/06/05/m-wings-from-the-community/
Staff

Re: M-wings From The Community

Postby jacksoboy2 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:04 pm

jacksoboy2

Postby onions » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 pm

part of the reason i didn't include it was that it was not hosted by flickr.

and to be honest, at the risk of sounding elitist, i think the design strays a little too far from the original to be considered an m-wing.

oh yeah, and he misspelled zemi.net
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby deco_droid » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 pm

okay, what is this now, the 3rd or 4th front page feature of m-wings? we get it. they look like an "m" -- well, sort of, if you squint. i'm sorry, but the vague similarity to a letter of the alphabet does not warrant such gushing praise. can we stay on target and talk about star wars lego? thanks.
deco_droid

Postby onions » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm

you're really not going to like tomorrow's post then.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby deco_droid » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:51 pm

alright, get it all out of your system then. if you need me, i'll be at eurobricks...
deco_droid

Postby onions » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:05 pm

tell'em i said hi.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby jamie75 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:23 am

Wasn't the an UCS M-Wing sometime ago! I swear there was one, but, I can't find it now. I think it was on Brickshelf, thou, not flickr!

I'll try to keep looking!

Jamie
Please support my Ewok Village: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21668
jamie75

Postby Solo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

A quick search landed a few mentions on the old forum from ThePaleMan about his UCS M-Wing, but it's not in his galleries as far as I could find.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby jamie75 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

deco_droid wrote:okay, what is this now, the 3rd or 4th front page feature of m-wings? we get it. they look like an "m" -- well, sort of, if you squint. i'm sorry, but the vague similarity to a letter of the alphabet does not warrant such gushing praise. can we stay on target and talk about star wars lego? thanks.

I can't speak for everyone, but, I am kind of enjoying the trip "down memery lane". And, it is making me want one more and more. Ace said something about instructions coming, so Bricklink here I come as soon as they are posted!

Further more, I hope maybe Jon Palmer would redo his site and finish the project he started so many years ago.

Solo wrote:A quick search landed a few mentions on the old forum from ThePaleMan about his UCS M-Wing, but it's not in his galleries as far as I could find.

Thanks Don, I looked on the old forum as well, but, didn't see any mention of it and nothing on Brickshelf. Atleast I know I'm not going crazy.

Jamie
jamie75

Postby StoutFiles » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 am

onions wrote:you're really not going to like tomorrow's post then.

I have to agree with deco, the M-wing coverage is a little overboard. Keeping the site revolved around one topic isn't good for visitors.
StoutFiles

Postby HoboBob1138 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I for one welcome our new M-Wing overlords....I mean I like the coverage. Brings back memories.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 am

deco_droid wrote:okay, what is this now, the 3rd or 4th front page feature of m-wings? we get it. they look like an "m" -- well, sort of, if you squint. i'm sorry, but the vague similarity to a letter of the alphabet does not warrant such gushing praise. can we stay on target and talk about star wars lego? thanks.

*5th ;)

Yeah, it's getting old, but I like the models, and I never knew about them before so thanks.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby jamie75 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=57475

Here is the UCS M-Wing by ThePaleMan.

When are instructions Coming?

Jamie
jamie75

Postby Bellicose » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Any way something else can get on the front page for a bit? It's been all M-Wing, all the time. It's like a bad April Fool's prank. I get it, it's a creative MOC, but it's hardly canon so...
Bellicose

Postby Flynn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the M-Wing have some sort of importance pertaining to the FBTB community? Wasn't the creator a prominent member of the site?

I haven't been here nearly long enough to really know the history behind it, but I'm sure the abundance of M-Wing posts is due to more than just it being a cool MOC. Even if there weren't, they still have the ultimate decision on what to write up there, and they can't cater to every whim. Give our mods some credit, guys.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby onions » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 am

instructions have been posted. yes, another m-wing post. sue me. we'll return to our regularly scheduled programming soon enough.

just a fair warning, i have maybe 1 more post to do regarding m-wings.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby StoutFiles » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 am

Flynn wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the M-Wing have some sort of importance pertaining to the FBTB community? Wasn't the creator a prominent member of the site?

I haven't been here nearly long enough to really know the history behind it, but I'm sure the abundance of M-Wing posts is due to more than just it being a cool MOC. Even if there weren't, they still have the ultimate decision on what to write up there, and they can't cater to every whim. Give our mods some credit, guys.

Whatever the reason, it turns people off to give one MOC so much attention, especially at the cost of delivering actual Star Wars news. The ship is more Space Police than Star Wars. Yes, it's his site and he can do what he wants with it, but this site has lost considerable ground to Eurobricks for reasons like this. People want Star Wars news and Star Wars topics on a Star Wars forum. If you want to kill this site, keep talking about one MOC which isn't Star Wars related.
StoutFiles

Postby onions » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 am

hey look, a non-m-wing post. does that count?

i hear everyone's concern. i'm merely trying to build some hype around bothcon and the goody bag. it's not going to be like this forever.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby CloneEmperor » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 am

StoutFiles wrote:one MOC which isn't Star Wars related.

Did you even bother to read the creators story about the MOC or did you just disregard it like everything else that you have no use for? I realize that it isn't a MOC based on one of a very limited "canon" vehicles, but Jon Palmer did provide an in universe story for his creation. I was around when Jon's Alphabet Project was in full swing, and I remember the cool designs he came up with. I have no problem with a little space devoted to a great historical MOC, and if you think Eurobricks is a better place for the hobby, no one is forcing you to stay here ...
CloneEmperor

Next

Return to Star Wars