Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7958 Star Wars Advent Calendar Content Revealed!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 7958 Star Wars Advent Calendar Content Revealed!

Postby Coret » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

But that's the thing, you don't have to put anything else in it. This will sell like hot cakes whether they had put anything else in it or not. My kids will love it, and we get the Santa Yoda.
Coret

Postby fallenangel327 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Drock wrote:In Response to MrCRSkater's question,
Spoiler: show
Come on, that hologram spider thing is way too obscure and worthless as a play toy for kids. Even more obscure than the red Republic Cruiser.

Well, you can put Gunray on it... and I wouldn't say the Radiant VII is too obscure. It was the first starship ever to appear in a Star Wars prequel.

bartosza6m wrote:Y-wing, and imperial shuttle looks good, but why are smaller than x-wing. micro ships should have the same scale I think :|

Yes, but then the Radiant VII would be huge compared to the others...
fallenangel327

Postby Draykov » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Bricks McBlock wrote:Has the rebel pilot just got a plain white helmet, no decals?

Time may prove me to be overly optimistic, but that may just be a placeholder for the preliminary image. The final product may include a helmet we haven't seen before.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Brickweiser » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Draykov wrote:
Bricks McBlock wrote:Has the rebel pilot just got a plain white helmet, no decals?

Time may prove me to be overly optimistic, but that may just be a placeholder for the preliminary image. The final product may include a helmet we haven't seen before.

I think you're right in that its a placeholder: notice that the r2-q2 is the first rendition, not the second. Placeholder as well? I'd like to think so. Maybe we'll get a redesigned r2-q2.
Brickweiser

Postby Crusader » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 am

An R2-Q2 would be really cool. However, most of the figs in the calendar are only in one or two recent sets. This will please the kids who probably don't have collections as large as us greedy AFOLs. Obviously we AFOLs would only be truly happy with a calendar that had an exclusive fig every day.*

*By the way Lego, if you're reading this, you could sell a calendar to us AFOLs with an exclusive fig every day for a lot of money. Just saying...
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:58 am

Crusader wrote:An R2-Q2 would be really cool. However, most of the figs in the calendar are only in one or two recent sets. This will please the kids who probably don't have collections as large as us greedy AFOLs. Obviously we AFOLs would only be truly happy with a calendar that had an exclusive fig every day.*

*By the way Lego, if you're reading this, you could sell a calendar to us AFOLs with an exclusive fig every day for a lot of money. Just saying...

I know you're thinking Star Wars, but it occurs to me they could probably make a nice chunk of change putting out an advent calendar with some of the most popular figs from older series of the collectible minifigs line...
Mister Ed

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:17 am

Personally, I think the assortement of characters and mini-ships represent very well the vast Star Wars universe.

I never bought a LEGO Advent Calendar, and although I heard LEGO was going to make a Star Wars one, I wasn't sure I was going to get it. But now that I've seen it, you can bet that I will surely get one for myself and one for each of my kids (although my second child might be a little too young for it at 4 months old by the time next Christmas comes around).

Definetely a "Must buy" for me.
Daz Hoo

Postby Coret » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:11 am

Daz Hoo wrote:(although my second child might be a little too young for it at 4 months old by the time next Christmas comes around).

They are never too young to start buying Lego stuff for them. They will thank you later for it.
Coret

Postby plebeianprint » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:18 pm

LIke most: That last figure is killer. Some may not like the trappings of it, but it has a long legacy of appearing that way. Also, seeing what's in the calendar makes me want to buy it more than taking it on face value, alone.
plebeianprint

Postby etcknight » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Why is chewbacca shown on the front with a black crossbow - but in the set / calender, he doesn't come with any weapon?! :'(
etcknight

Previous

Return to Star Wars