Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toy Fair This Sunday!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Toy Fair This Sunday!

Postby bigj22 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 am

Solo wrote:I appreciate where you're coming from bigj22, reading the same complaints every time a new wave is revealed got old years ago. But expecting people not to complain is quite the fantasy. It's just the nature of the hobby. And they've a right to complain as much as you've a right to complain about them complaining.

point well taken.
bigj22

Postby thepatient » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Personally I don't mind the extra details. The look of the Gungan and Jar-Jar Binks look better to me in their last incarnation than the first. The painting/printing adds just a bit more to the figs. I actually like how their skin is a bit speckled now. I feel the same with the newer versions of Yoda, Luminari, and Mace. You have to admit the newer fig for Mace looks much closer to Samuel L. Jackson than the first.

It just becomes another variant to collect. The "cartoonish" look doesn't bother me as much either (nor did the flesh tone changes for that matter). For me, it still keeps things interesting and the evolution of the line is going to happen no matter what.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby J30spiff » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 pm

What? You mean we can't stop evolution?
J30spiff

Postby thepatient » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 am

Nope.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Previous

Return to Star Wars