Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tantive IV Wall Art

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Tantive IV Wall Art

Postby Staff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:24 am

photo.JPG

Another addition to the FBTB: flickr Outpost pool is this creation by Ben Avery (SORHP). Meant to be a hanging piece of wall art, the description reads "A piece of the Death Star, once thought obliterated is happened upon by the Tantive IV". Not sure how the rebels got back the Tantive IV after it was captured. I would have thought it was sent to the impound yard. Despite that, it's quite a compelling piece. What do you think? Art or not? Sound off in the forum thread
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/03/tantive-iv-wall-art/
Staff

Re: Tantive IV Wall Art

Postby bobalego » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:28 am

Pretty awesome! I would imagine it only would be cooler if it was hung from a ceiling, and the piece was the bottom of the Star Destroyer that captured it...
bobalego

Postby StoutFiles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:07 am

While I think you did a great job on the Death Star piece, events that didn't happen or that aren't even plausible bother me. The Tantive IV was destroyed soon after it was captured by the Empire.

I second the idea that of hanging it from the ceiling and depicting a Star Destroyer capture scene.
StoutFiles

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:46 am

StoutFiles wrote:While I think you did a great job on the Death Star piece, events that didn't happen or that aren't even plausible bother me. The Tantive IV was destroyed soon after it was captured by the Empire.

I second the idea that of hanging it from the ceiling and depicting a Star Destroyer capture scene.

+1, Great representation though!!!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Robzula » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 am

I agree with the sentiments above, but think it would be slightly cheesey and not entirely feasible to hang it from the ceiling. Simply changing out the Tantive IV with an X-Wing and TIE Advance X1 for the Luke\Vader chase scene down the trench would be better.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby fallenangel327 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:03 am

Corellian Corvettes were present at the Battle of Endor and used afterward (as was the Tantive IV - or at least I thought before I checked Wookieepedia) so this is quite possible. Also remember that construction of the Death Star was relocated several times, so debris may have left behind on several systems prior to the events of Star Wars. The Neo-Clone Wars has already assigned new missions to the Tantive IV, so it would be safe to assume that the ship may have come across a small, random piece of Death Star in one of the numerous systems in which it had been under construction.

The 10198 set is really too fat and stubby to look like the studio model; I never really liked it too much. The same goes for the 7665 Republic Cruiser - a Consular should have more of a "stretched-out look".
fallenangel327

Postby StoutFiles » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:42 am

This isn't quite possible because the Tantive IV was destroyed before the Death Star was. Yes, it would be possible if he said it was a similar ship, but he did not.
StoutFiles

Postby Jargon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:59 pm

...I think it's pretty nifty. Continuity mishaps don't really bother me in things like this.
Jargon

Return to Star Wars