Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Making of Empire: Author Interview and Book

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Making of Empire: Author Interview and Book

Postby Staff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 am

The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Book Cover

A few days ago, LucasBooks released The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by J.W. Rinzler with a forward by Ridley Scott. Normally, I'm not all THAT interested in the "making of" side of film making but this is Star Wars we're talking about. And a film from the OT to boot! Also, that L.A. Times article with Gary Kurtz? It's piqued my interest on what exactly went on behind the scenes during the filming of the greatest trilogy ever. StarWars.com did an article interviewing the author about the book. An excerpt:

It was always surprising that the bank just bailed. Bank of America just said, I'm sorry, we're out of here. I mean, they're two-thirds of the way through the movie and suddenly you have no financial backing with a million -dollar payroll to meet. I can't even imagine what that kind of pressure would have been like.

See? Interesting, right? I think so. You can buy the hardcover from Amazon.com for $49.72 as of this writing. An autographed version also available through StarWarsShop.com for $84.99. If you're like me and haven't picked up Rinzler's first book, The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film, it, too, is available from Amazon.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/14/the-making-of-empire-author-interview-and-book/
Staff

A Gallery of Rare Empire Strikes Back Shots

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 am

Pretty amusing stuff here... A Gallery of Rare Empire Strikes Back Shots

(EDIT) Oops, thanks Ace!

m19
Last edited by Morgan19 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan19

Re: The Making of Empire: Author Interview and Book

Postby onions » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 am

gonna merge these two topics since the pictures came from the book.

good stuff. i'm convinced more than ever to try and pick it up.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: The Making of Empire: Author Interview and Book

Postby mrfootball » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 am

Looked through this book yesterday at Borders. Looks terrific! It's definitely on my wishlist!
mrfootball

Return to Star Wars