Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What happened to Attack of the Clones?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

What happened to Attack of the Clones?

Postby Darthboba281 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I've noticed there where only lego sets for Episode II in 2002 and 2003. It's very strange. And there is a lot more Lego could have done with Attack of the Clones. Like maybe make that Geonosis coliseum, or the cloning station on Kamino, or at lest another Jango Fett's Slave 1.
Darthboba281

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 pm

In case you haven't noticed, most of the Clone Wars sets are vehicles seen in AOTC. And LEGO has already released three Slave I sets, so I doubt there will be another one.

As for playsets, LEGO doesn't release them often for any of the movies (especially the prequels).
Jay

Re: What happened to Attack of the Clones?

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:47 pm

This sounds more like a "this is what I want in 2010." Plus, ummm...dude what do you think the Clone Wars is? But ok, have you seen many Episode I sets since the beginning of the new millenium. Some yes, like last year, but not too many. This is just the results of when the individual PT movies came out. A good number of Episode I sets to start everyhting off in 1999, Episode II sets when it came out in 2002, and Episode III sets when it came out in 2005. Plus, sets usually have a shelf life of 2 years, giving plenty of opportunities to get them. Sure lego will produce more sets, but I don't know if we'll see many more Episode II "movie" sets before 2011 when the Lucasfilm license expires. However, lego could potentially do more in the final years then we think.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Darthboba281 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Both statements are true, Jay, but I was thinking more of ideas like what I listed above. Scenes from Episode II that don't appear in any Clone Wars episode. And just because Lego isn't making any Prequel lego sets now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.
Darthboba281

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 pm

And how many X-Wings and TIE Fighters have they made? I don't think the fact that they had already made three Slave Is will stop them from making another. In fact, now might be a good time to release another Slave I, given that it was Jango's, because there really hasn't been any AOTC stuff since 2002/2003, and re-releasing Jango would automatically generate sales. However, as Jay pointed out, there really isn't any point in releasing any other AOTC sets, because all vehicles and minifigs are pretty much in the show.
AlternativeRadio

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Dude, it's not like TLG can produce every scene or set you desire...so don't count on it, just speculate if you want.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby twentythree » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I doubt we'll be getting another Jango Slave 1 but at least we are finally getting another shot at his minifig thanks to the new pens that just arrived. As far as seeing more AOTC specific sets, I think that might be a possibility next year. I'm hoping the Clone Wars cartoon sets will have been finished by that point.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby lordvader208 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:53 pm

The trend this year for TLC is pretty much playsets, as in the Home One and Endor and arguably the Venator. So I guess we can just hope for a Geonosis battle scene, although chances for that aren't too high. I'm really hoping for a new wave of ep1, 2, and 3 sets because we've already had 2 waves of CW sets (and possibly more) and we've had OT sets just about every year.
lordvader208

Postby meeotch » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:35 pm

twentythree wrote:I'm hoping the Clone Wars cartoon sets will have been finished by that point.

I think it would be great if they could do that in '10. A nice, healthy mix of vehicles from multiple eras (both cinematic and in-universe). However, iirc, there is all ready some 2 -3 years of CW material completed and just waiting to air, or at least was as of when it first started airing. I know the first season is close to wrapping up.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Return to Star Wars