Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Nezumiiro » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I always wondered about decisions like that. Not that I mind a variety of figures available, but it always seemed like the 'furthest fruit' so-to-speak.
The Commemorative Text-Based Rage Gage
███████████████████████████████
(P.S. Read my BLOG)
Nezumiiro

Postby Aharown » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:36 pm

DarthR2-D2 wrote:
anakinskywalker4 wrote:I mean Luminara's cool but she would not be complete without commander Gree so why put Rex with Luminara?

Its prob just a place holder right now like in sets of the past during old concept pics. i'm sure gree will be in it since TLG has made rex, cody, fox, and jag. :cool:

When did they make Jag? I only have the other three.

That new Battle of Geonosis set does look good, as does the Battle of Naboo. Nice battle-pack type sets, but with larger vehicles.
<><
Aharown

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Aharown wrote:
DarthR2-D2 wrote:
anakinskywalker4 wrote:I mean Luminara's cool but she would not be complete without commander Gree so why put Rex with Luminara?

Its prob just a place holder right now like in sets of the past during old concept pics. i'm sure gree will be in it since TLG has made rex, cody, fox, and jag. :cool:

When did they make Jag? I only have the other three.

That new Battle of Geonosis set does look good, as does the Battle of Naboo. Nice battle-pack type sets, but with larger vehicles.

Captain Jag was in the Arc-170 set recently.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby bobalego » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I can not believe how accurate the rumors are...the battle packs are the only ones that look cool to me...
bobalego

Postby Brickweiser » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:02 am

Some close-up shots of figures and box art for Battle of Naboo.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7929_Battle_of_Naboo
Brickweiser

Postby banthafodder » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 pm

The clear shield for the Gungan warrior looks great, but didn't need a close up of every battle droid.
banthafodder

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Now why the heck would they do trans light blue 1x1 round bricks for boomers when minifig heads would work so much better? The round bricks aren't the least bit spherical.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm guessing because you can fit two of them on the 1x2 plate w/ handle he's carrying - minifig heads are too wide.
Bellicose

Postby Aharown » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 am

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Captain Jag was in the Arc-170 set recently.

Thanks - I was thinking phase one clone armour for some reason.
<><
Aharown

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Has anyone seen these NEW OUT OF BOX PICTURES of the 2011 sets?
fallenangel327

Postby Joedward » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 am

Is the canopy piece from the V-Wing new? Looks pretty cool.

I think of the new lot the only one I really dislike is the Bounty Hunter's ship. The clone BP actually looks fairly decent, I'm really like that speedway. The Mandalorian BP doesn't look so wonderful, but you know... Mandalorians.
Ooh, and how cool is the new Astro?

Um, WTF happened to Vos?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby THX 1138 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 am

This year's battle packs both look good. I'm glad we're finally getting some specialized clones, and I'll probably be able to use one of the Mandolorians as Jango Fett. I'm really liking the droid carrier as well. The vehicle looks cool, and I'll finally be able to get some Gungans, with pretty good printing, too. The only other set I like of the ones shown on the bounty hunter ship. I like the unusual shape and colours, and the minifigs look great too. I don't really like the V-Wing or the shuttle, however. The V-Wing looks a bit boring in those colours, and it doesn't look like it has a particularly interesting build. I'm not a fan of the actual shuttle design in the first place, and the wings look really bad. The cockpit doesn't look to great either. Too bad the minifigs look so good. Hopefully they'll be released in other sets sometime soon.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:54 pm

So regarding the rumored summer 2011 list on Eurobricks, has anyone wondered if the Sith Infiltrator (which will be the 3rd version of this ship) will actually be Savage Opress's ship? Since Opress is supposedly related to Darth Maul, I'm wondering if he'll be flying Maul's ship when we see him in the TV series?

For all we know, Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator was confiscated by the Republic (i.e. Palpatine) after he was killed on Naboo, so I think it's entirely possible that we'll see Savage Opress flying it in the show, and in turn a Lego set too. I'd definitely buy that! I just hope the rumored Infilitrator isn't the 3rd one with Darth Maul when it doesn't seem popular and we just had one in 2007. If it appears in the Clone Wars flown by someone else, I'd say that justifies a remake though.
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby Robzula » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Joedward wrote:Um, WTF happened to Vos?

Old news, dude, read back a few posts.

Dear god I didn't think I could get more excited about this sets, but lo and behold I am! I am going to buy the crap out of that clone BP, the speeder is even better than the walker from the fist set, and those special clones are just beautiful. The V-Wing has wings that rotate to landing position like they're supposed to AND has brackets to position the wings so you don't have to go crazy trying to even them out. The minifigs are all so smooth and RIGHT looking, especially those gungans. I can't wait for these!
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Plo Koon » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Robzula wrote:
Joedward wrote:Um, WTF happened to Vos?

Old news, dude, read back a few posts.

Dear god I didn't think I could get more excited about this sets, but lo and behold I am! I am going to buy the crap out of that clone BP, the speeder is even better than the walker from the fist set, and those special clones are just beautiful. The V-Wing has wings that rotate to landing position like they're supposed to AND has brackets to position the wings so you don't have to go crazy trying to even them out. The minifigs are all so smooth and RIGHT looking, especially those gungans. I can't wait for these!

Was the pic faked, or what? (For Vos, I mean)
Plo Koon

Postby Kevin Koala » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:25 pm

ItsTwentyBelow wrote:So regarding the rumored summer 2011 list on Eurobricks, has anyone wondered if the Sith Infiltrator (which will be the 3rd version of this ship) will actually be Savage Opress's ship? Since Opress is supposedly related to Darth Maul, I'm wondering if he'll be flying Maul's ship when we see him in the TV series?

For all we know, Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator was confiscated by the Republic (i.e. Palpatine) after he was killed on Naboo, so I think it's entirely possible that we'll see Savage Opress flying it in the show, and in turn a Lego set too. I'd definitely buy that! I just hope the rumored Infilitrator isn't the 3rd one with Darth Maul when it doesn't seem popular and we just had one in 2007. If it appears in the Clone Wars flown by someone else, I'd say that justifies a remake though.

:O That actually seems highly likely, although I'd rather have a PT version, with other figures besides Maul.
Kevin Koala

Postby Robzula » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Plo Koon wrote:Was the pic faked, or what? (For Vos, I mean)

No, they were just preliminary pictures and were subject to change. Look at how much cleaner the gungans look than in the prelim pics, for example.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Plo Koon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:11 pm

But that puzzles me, why take out Vos when he is such a popular character and he just made his debut in The Clone Wars?
Plo Koon

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Plo Koon wrote:But that puzzles me, why take out Vos when he is such a popular character and he just made his debut in The Clone Wars?

To put him in a future set after January 2011.
anakinskywalker4

Postby brownie69yov4 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:46 am

Yeah that set seemed too good to be true figure wise- 3 new jedi and only one repeat- that being said, I wish Anakin was left out and we just got a generic clone or something for army building. I mean it gets ridiculous when you have a bunch of the same figure even if you aren't buying duplicate sets

At least we know he exists now, guess we will get a cool set with him soon after though

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars