Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:
anakinskywalker4 wrote:It has to be legit otherwise the site we got this from would not know when this set comes out or its number :)


Not really, you just make up set numbers and August is when they always put out a new wave...

If only it was that easy.

A guy on eurobricks called MasterWindu put his own wishlist as rumors on the 2011 thread and for several reasons it was wrong. One reason. No numbers second reason. One of his wishlist sets had about 30 figures so i'm telling you it's not as easy as you think ;)
anakinskywalker4
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby condor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Wasn't there a rumor about a new Falcon set coming out? I guess not huh?
condor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 am

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Draykov » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm

anakinskywalker4 wrote:A guy on eurobricks called MasterWindu put his own wishlist as rumors on the 2011 thread and for several reasons it was wrong. One reason. No numbers second reason. One of his wishlist sets had about 30 figures so i'm telling you it's not as easy as you think ;)


Uh...10219 UCS Twin Pod Cloud Car...boom. It's real...or is it?

Hint: it's not, but man was that easy. The list may or may not prove to be accurate, but just because someone on EB was a bad liar doesn't mean your argument is somehow supported. Set numbers alone do not make something legitimate.
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby The Brain » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Draykov wrote:Uh...10219 UCS Twin Pod Cloud Car...boom. It's real...or is it?


Well, we could always ask Greg... ;)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Trapped inside a skull, yearning to be free!

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby xwingyoda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 pm

This has to be the sexiest set to be made in UCS :lol: But I say bring a new revamped minifig sized one :p
xwingyoda
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Draykov wrote:
anakinskywalker4 wrote:A guy on eurobricks called MasterWindu put his own wishlist as rumors on the 2011 thread and for several reasons it was wrong. One reason. No numbers second reason. One of his wishlist sets had about 30 figures so i'm telling you it's not as easy as you think ;)


Uh...10219 UCS Twin Pod Cloud Car...boom. It's real...or is it?

Hint: it's not, but man was that easy. The list may or may not prove to be accurate, but just because someone on EB was a bad liar doesn't mean your argument is somehow supported. Set numbers alone do not make something legitimate.


+1
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Plo Koon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 pm

MrCRskater wrote:
The Brain wrote:. . .it is entirely possible that the sets in question are meant to be similar to the Battle of Naboo-style, where they're oversized battlepacks presented as a battle scene set--also similar to the recent Echo Base set.


This. If these forecasts hold any water whatsoever, then those "Battle of XXX" packs will be more in-line with the recent Echo Base set and the upcoming Battle of Naboo set. This also makes sense for LEGO, because with half-again as many bricks and maybe one more fig than a battlepack, they can rake in 150% more moolah, so it absolutely provides a wider profit margin. If these $25 "Battle of" sets catch on, my only hope is that they do not replace the $10 battlepacks!

As far as the Sith Infiltrator, I suppose it's plausible (especially if it's appeared in the CW series, which I haven't kept up on), though it seems very doubtful to me. I may be mistaken, but wasn't the last incarnation of the Sith Infiltrator a big flop?


The last SI was one of my favorite sets!
Plo Koon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Kevblee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm

ricefields wrote:
MisterFubar wrote:
zwolya wrote:Seriously though, how many different Jedi Starfighters are they going to put out?


I like them so they can put out as many as they want. XD
Image



Where's your red obi wan starfighter? :)


I don't know about his, but here's mine!

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
www.brickstruct.com
Kevblee
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Drock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I think he meant Obi's Revenge of the Sith ship...
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Kevblee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Guess I was thinking Delta 7b because of his lineup there. Plus he's got a custom in that lineup as well, but not Obi Wan's Clone Wars fighter. XD
www.brickstruct.com
Kevblee
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 am

Here is the eighth set coming out in january.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 10&st=2205

You have to scroll down a bit first.
anakinskywalker4
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Water jedi 17 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:15 am

http://www.legopirate.net/forum/phpBB3/ ... &start=140

Non watermarked official images of battle of naboo and other sets. Scroll down the page.
Also, it seems we're not getting vos in the t6 shuttle
Water jedi 17
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Brickweiser » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 am

Looks like the new Battle of Geonosis set that was circulated. I can make out "BAttle of..." on the box, and just assume the rest in Geonosis.
Brickweiser
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:54 am

Wow, this set looks pretty disappointing. If it IS the Genosis set, I will rage about the absence of Genosians. Also, I think we can rule out that list that was put up, because it has the wrong set numbers.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Joedward » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh man, 7869 looks awesome.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 am

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Blacknight » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I like the anti-aircraft gun in the battle of Geonosis set, but it's really dumb for Lego to pass up the opportunity to re-release their hard to get Geonosian figure, or better yet for them to make a new Geonosian mold.
Blacknight
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Bricks McBlock » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Oh boy that looks awesome. The cannon is pretty cool, BARC speeder, luminara and Captain Rex! For 25 bucks, Schwing! :D I have a good feeling about the battle of Endor set.
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Blockington, North Brickopolis

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Brickweiser » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:18 am

Blacknight wrote:I like the anti-aircraft gun in the battle of Geonosis set, but it's really dumb for Lego to pass up the opportunity to re-release their hard to get Geonosian figure, or better yet for them to make a new Geonosian mold.


The rumoured Geonosian Starfighter should deal nicely with that issue.
Brickweiser
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 am

My issue about the battle for Geonosis set is the lack of new figures. I mean Luminara's cool but she would not be complete without commander Gree so why put Rex with Luminara?

Also the difference between the battle for Geonosis and battle of Naboo is the lack of figures in the Geonosis set as the Naboo has 10+ figures while Geonosis only has 5. Who wouldn't prefer new clone trooper variations and Geonosians to battle droids? :lol:
anakinskywalker4
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 am

anakinskywalker4 wrote:I mean Luminara's cool but she would not be complete without commander Gree so why put Rex with Luminara?

Its prob just a place holder right now like in sets of the past during old concept pics. i'm sure gree will be in it since TLG has made rex, cody, fox, and jag. :cool:
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests