Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 pm

zwolya wrote:Seriously though, how many different Jedi Starfighters are they going to put out?

I like them so they can put out as many as they want. XD
MisterFubar

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:07 pm

MisterFubar wrote:
zwolya wrote:Seriously though, how many different Jedi Starfighters are they going to put out?

-snip-

Lol, methinks that two of those aren't TLC!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby zwolya » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am

MisterFubar wrote:

I like the Interceptor Class ones, but after the original Ep II Obi-Wan one they put out, I think more of the same Clone Wars "triangle" ones is just overkill, lol.
zwolya

Postby Water jedi 17 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 am

http://www.kostky.org/forum/index.php?topic=30535.0
Hmm, true or false? The list looks pretty true.
7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack
7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack
7915 Imperial V-Wing Starfighter
7929 The Battle of Naboo
7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship
7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle
7956 The Battle of Endor Pack
7957 The Battle of Geonosis Pack
7959 Geonosian Starfighter
7961 Sith infiltrator
7962 Anakin's and Sebulba’s Podracers
7964 Republic Frigate
Water jedi 17

Postby The Brain » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Hmmm...let me add to the speculation surrounding this list elsewhere in the online community. If the list is supposed to mean Endor and Geonosis "battlepacks," then I call shenanigans. Historically, TLC hasn't released more than two battlepacks per year, both being from the same 'era,' and both containing antagonists and protagonists. There's no reason to believe that TLC would break that trend (we know of the clone/Mando pack for winter), and those two battlepacks wouldn't be era-compatible.

That said, it is entirely possible that the sets in question are meant to be similar to the Battle of Naboo-style, where they're oversized battlepacks presented as a battle scene set--also similar to the recent Echo Base set. This is entirely more likely, and frankly, holds more awesome potential. It could mean more interesting figures and vehicles, and even some neat scenery. Just think what each might have: rebel commandos on Endor, and Geonosians on Geonosis. I say without a doubt that if these turn out to be true, I will be getting several of each of these.

The rest of the list doesn't seem too far-fetched either, but I'm curious as to what the Republic Frigate might be...
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby ricefields » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:47 pm

MisterFubar wrote:

Where's your red obi wan starfighter? :)
ricefields

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:35 pm

ricefields wrote:Where's your red obi wan starfighter? :)

Meh, it's super-rarez so I don't blame him.

In response to that list put up, I'll call bull. The fact that they have two battlepacks in one year, and two for different battles each, seems too far fetched. There seems to be too many sets, AND they didn't list the Mace Starfighter, which we know we're getting. I wouldn't believe that they'd make a 3rd Sith Infiltrator. So I'd say, no go on this one. Oh, and I think Greg said there'd be more OT sets, which there are none of on this list.
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Plo Koon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:44 pm

I could believe the Geonosis one. It was in Season 2 of TCW after all.
Plo Koon

Postby zwolya » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:39 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:I wouldn't believe that they'd make a 3rd Sith Infiltrator.

Why not? They've done 4 total Slave 1s, and we just proved how many Starfighters they're putting out...

As for the rest of the updated list, I'm so going to get the new podracer set. I came to Lego about the time that the first one was no longer available.

Anyone feel like translating the rest of that list though... XD
zwolya

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm

zwolya wrote:
ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:I wouldn't believe that they'd make a 3rd Sith Infiltrator.

Why not? They've done 4 total Slave 1s, and we just proved how many Starfighters they're putting out...

As for the rest of the updated list, I'm so going to get the new podracer set. I came to Lego about the time that the first one was no longer available.

Anyone feel like translating the rest of that list though... XD

The Slave 1 is an extremely recognizable vehicle from both the PT and OT. Sith Infiltrator was only in one episode. I would actually many other vehicle to be made other than this.

Don't act like it's confirmed, I reaaalllly doubt it.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:
ricefields wrote:Where's your red obi wan starfighter? :)

Meh, it's super-rarez so I don't blame him.

It came out during one of my dark ages or one of those years I spent living in a cave. I've almost bought it on the secondary market a couple of times but always come to my senses right before I pull the trigger. If I see it pop up

Looking at the average price it brings on Bricklink almost brings me to tears, sure it's got a few rare or exclusive piece but other than that it's just not a very exciting set at anything above MSRP. Even parting the set out the 4 silly little 5x6 hex flags in dark red would run you about 40 bucks. I've got to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway... Back on topic.

I'm not buying that list, it's just not believable at all. The battlepacks don't fit together, and there is nothing listed from the Clone Wars. That's where the money is at right now for LEGO and Lucas, so as much as I hate to admit it, that's where we are going to see a bulk of the sets aimed at.
MisterFubar

Postby The Brain » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Oh, and I think Greg said there'd be more OT sets, which there are none of on this list.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but this would qualify as OT. Again, I don't mean to try and prove this list's veracity, but I hold out hope that the list is real. It doesn't seem all that ridiculous, and all of the most recent leaks have been spot-on. Don't we always have people who say "This is impossible, TLC would NEVER do that" as soon as they see a leaked set list? Remember how many people sneered at the possibility TLC would ever have Mandalorian figures? I certainly do.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Water jedi 17 wrote:http://www.kostky.org/forum/index.php?topic=30535.0
7929 The Battle of Naboo
7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle
7961 Sith infiltrator
7964 Republic Frigate

7956 the battle of Endor and 7957 the battle of Geonosis are not like the battle packs they are like the battle of naboo set and this is the republic frigate http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... rigate.jpg
anakinskywalker4

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Water jedi 17 wrote:http://www.kostky.org/forum/index.php?topic=30535.0
7929 The Battle of Naboo
7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle
7961 Sith infiltrator
7964 Republic Frigate

How reliable has this website been in the past?
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2

Postby mikado » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:19 pm

love to see more expanded universe...like the wild karde.the virago and maybe even slave 2 they have only really skimmed the surface of that line
mikado

Postby xwingyoda » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 am

anakinskywalker4 wrote:this is the republic frigate http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... rigate.jpg

It looks like it indeed :p You can check out a better view here and here

The Charger c70 retrofit was the name of a modification made to existing Consular-class cruisers that turned them into small frigates. Corellian Engineering Corporation created this for Supreme Chancellor Palpatine during the early part of the Clone Wars. So if that set is legit we can hoope for a new Palpie fig. I think its rather a weird choice because it ressembles a lot the Republic Cruiser 7665.

But maybe its a translation issue and we could look at the Acclamator which is a medium frigate/assault ship. Now that would look great next to the Venator :p
xwingyoda

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 am

xwingyoda wrote:[
It looks like it indeed :p You can check out a better view here and here

The Charger c70 retrofit was the name of a modification made to existing Consular-class cruisers that turned them into small frigates. Corellian Engineering Corporation created this for Supreme Chancellor Palpatine during the early part of the Clone Wars. So if that set is legit we can hoope for a new Palpie fig. I think its rather a weird choice because it ressembles a lot the Republic Cruiser 7665.

But maybe its a translation issue and we could look at the Acclamator which is a medium frigate/assault ship. Now that would look great next to the Venator :p

It has to be legit otherwise the site we got this from would not know when this set comes out or its number :)
anakinskywalker4

Postby Draykov » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 am

anakinskywalker4 wrote:It has to be legit otherwise the site we got this from would not know when this set comes out or its number :)

You owe me $1 million dollars by Oct. 30. Number + date = legit.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:58 am

The Brain wrote:. . .it is entirely possible that the sets in question are meant to be similar to the Battle of Naboo-style, where they're oversized battlepacks presented as a battle scene set--also similar to the recent Echo Base set.

This. If these forecasts hold any water whatsoever, then those "Battle of XXX" packs will be more in-line with the recent Echo Base set and the upcoming Battle of Naboo set. This also makes sense for LEGO, because with half-again as many bricks and maybe one more fig than a battlepack, they can rake in 150% more moolah, so it absolutely provides a wider profit margin. If these $25 "Battle of" sets catch on, my only hope is that they do not replace the $10 battlepacks!

As far as the Sith Infiltrator, I suppose it's plausible (especially if it's appeared in the CW series, which I haven't kept up on), though it seems very doubtful to me. I may be mistaken, but wasn't the last incarnation of the Sith Infiltrator a big flop?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 am

anakinskywalker4 wrote:It has to be legit otherwise the site we got this from would not know when this set comes out or its number :)

Not really, you just make up set numbers and August is when they always put out a new wave...
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars