Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars Celebration V Exclusive CubeDudes

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Star Wars Celebration V Exclusive CubeDudes

Postby KimT » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 am

I got them yesterday and I've done a review in the Review section.
There's also a link to my flickr account, where I've uploaded scans of the instructions.
Soon I'll be adding the instructions for the SDCC Clone Wars Edition as well.

These dudes are great, though I've taken a dislike to IG88 and his arms - they're extremely fragile. :facepalm:
"How can this possibly go wrong?"
- Famous Last Words
KimT

Postby kyphur » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:06 am

KimT wrote:These dudes are great, though I've taken a dislike to IG88 and his arms - they're extremely fragile. :facepalm:

Yeah I was wondering how well that connection would work IRL... I've taken a few liberties on some of the designs and just might modify IG with new "shoulders" that work better.
kyphur

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Here is the link to my CubeDude Version of Zuckuss:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/cd-zuckuss.pdf.dat

Save it as a pdf. If you print it double sided then you'll have it in booklet form otherwise just cut the pages in half and reorder them.

And here is a text parts list for it:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/parts-list-cd-zuckuss.txt
Last edited by kyphur on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kyphur

Postby kyphur » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 am

Okay, I couldn't sleep as a work issue was plaguing my thoughts so after I resolved it I finished the instructions for Boushh!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/cd-boushh.pdf.dat

Again: Save it as a pdf. If you print it double sided then you'll have it in booklet form otherwise just cut the pages in half and reorder them.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/parts-list-cd-boushh.txt
Last edited by kyphur on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kyphur

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 am

Here are the instructions for Han Solo in Carbonite!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/cd-carbonite-han-solo.pdf.dat

Again: Save it as a pdf. If you print it double sided then you'll have it in booklet form otherwise just cut the pages in half and reorder them.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions/parts-list-cd-frozen-han.txt
Last edited by kyphur on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyphur

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 am

How can I save it as a PDF file? The link is embedded as a DAT file, and when I click to download, all I can do is decide the location to download it too. I've tried adding the ".pdf" tag to the file, at which point my computer will recognize it and open it as a PDF file, but when I try to open it I'm greeted with an error message about an unsupported file type. Any chance you could upload them here as PDF files?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:46 am

MrCRskater wrote:How can I save it as a PDF file?

They are valid pdfs I just had to add the .dat extension to save them on brickshelf. The files are named "something.pdf.dat" remove the .dat when you are saving it or after you have saved it.

Or use this link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/Instructions, right click on the desired file and select "Save As" or "Save Link As" then remove the ".dat" from the filename.
kyphur

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks for the info, kyphur, but still no luck. Attempting to change the extension both before and after saving the file yielded the same results: "There was a problem reading this document." Anyone else have the same problem and find a different work-around?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 am

MrCRskater wrote:Thanks for the info, kyphur, but still no luck. Attempting to change the extension both before and after saving the file yielded the same results: "There was a problem reading this document." Anyone else have the same problem and find a different work-around?

Are you using adobe? Another user reported problems using adobe, they were able to open them using Foxit Reader (also free). I'll see if I can fix the adobe issue.
kyphur

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 am

Problems here with Adobe too.

According to their header the files are PDF-1.6 format, which should be ok from Acrobat 7.0 onwards. My Acrobat 9.3.0 simply reports error 109 ("error while opening document").

I hadn't bothered to look into it any further, but I guess I could try to open them with xpdf or the viewer on MacOS X.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Links are updated, I just changed the PDF version to PDF/A (Archive) and now they work fine.
kyphur

Postby kyphur » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 pm

FWIW, I've been playing around with the Capt Rex CubeDude...

I have a generic Clonetrooper that can be given unit colors easily and a few accessories for the Clones:

Here is the link to a larger version of the rendered image:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kyphur/Star-Wars/CAD-Renderings/CubeDudes/cd-moc-clonetroopers-group-large.jpg

I'm not sure the "Mini-Gun" idea will work well, need to test it after I get off work!
kyphur

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 pm

kyphur wrote:Links are updated, I just changed the PDF version to PDF/A (Archive) and now they work fine.

That did the trick, thank you! These are great, and the instructions look very nice. Thanks for posting these, kyphur!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby KimT » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 am

Agreed.
Great work Kyphur
"How can this possibly go wrong?"
- Famous Last Words
KimT

Postby kyphur » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm

Here they are in the brick:

kyphur

Postby onions » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 am

kyphur, if you are going to continue making pdf files of instructions you should be posting them in the LEGO MOC Showcase forum.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby kibosh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 am

Very cool! Did anyone ever post the instructions for the original Bounty Hunter set that was availabale at C5? I'd love to build these with my son.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby kyphur » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 am

kibosh wrote:Very cool! Did anyone ever post the instructions for the original Bounty Hunter set that was availabale at C5? I'd love to build these with my son.

Find KimT's review (in the reviews section) he posted images of the scanned instructions for both of the "Official" sets.
kyphur

Postby kibosh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:51 am

Perfect. Thanks!
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Previous

Return to Star Wars