Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Bronze Bobas??

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Bronze Bobas??

Postby jomandybri » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:34 pm

All of this talk about the white Boba Fetts got me thinking back to when we first heard of them... and I thought of the solid Bronze Bobas. Has anyone heard of what actually happened to them?

http://www.fbtb.net/2010/05/02/lego-shophome-may-3rd-4th-promotion/

I know often I forget about these promos (I mean, the chances of winning are near zilch) but I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone knows what ever happened to them.
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Re: The Bronze Bobas??

Postby merobricks » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I just entered drawing at Comic Con yesterday for this prize.. Very nice boxed item :)

merobricks

Gold and Silver Bobas

Postby galaxyfe » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm

One of the two exclusive Comic-con sets of 1 White, 1 Gold plated, and 1 Silver plated boba fett showed up on craigslist about an hour ago. He wanted best offers or trades. I offered him everything in my house and lots of cash, but he said he was overwelmed with emails and taking the ad down. I was so close!! I feel like breaking something or getting trashed now. Just felt I needed to tell you guys.
galaxyfe

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:47 pm

How dare he offer it on CL. haha. Where is he located?
Gooker1

Postby jomandybri » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 pm

... so you can rob his house??? :P
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 am

I'm curious too about what happened to the bronze Boba figures, because I ordered the Home One set from Lego during that promo and got the sticker sheet, so I qualified for the drawing. Anyone know anything about bronze Boba?

Let's stay on topic guys because the Comic Con Boba figures are a completely different promotion and as far as I'm concerned they aren't relevant to this discussion.
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby Draykov » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 am

ItsTwentyBelow wrote:...and as far as I'm concerned they aren't relevant to this discussion.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't need more than one thread about exclusive versions of the Boba Fett fig.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 am

Um, thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the thread, Draykov...

And I don't see what the problem would be with someone opening a new thread for the Comic Con exclusives anyway, since there's so few new threads on these forums anymore, compared to way back when Tim was admin. These are two separate Boba Fett promotions.

ANYWAY back on topic... anyone know if the Bronze fig has a special collector box it came in or just a polybag?
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby Draykov » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:25 am

Why don't you check the attitude and let the staff worry about what is or isn't germane to the conversation.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Feralcom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:35 pm

The silver looks awesome.

Only 10k run on the white? Guess we can assume by that number that the rumors of it being a TRU promotional are false.
Feralcom

Gold and Chrome Boba Fetts?

Postby D3T0X » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 am

Hi everyone. I guess I should introduce myself since I just joined, so yeah, I love Star Wars legos and I've been buying them ever since their release back in 99. Anyways, on to my question. I was doing some research on Boba Fett mini-figs and I ran across an article with some pretty interesting versions of the Boba Fett figures. The first picture is the one from the article, and the second is one from a secret source ;) Does anyone have any background info on where these came from and are the two in the second picture are the same as the ones in the first? These mini-figs look sick and I wanna know more about them!

Picture 1 that shows the white Boba Fett, as well as the gold plated and chrome metal versions.

Another picture I found of the gold and chrome Fetts.
D3T0X

Postby Solo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 am

I merged your post with this old topic about the same figures, hopefully you'll find it helpful.

edit: looked into it a bit just now. I question the legitimacy of the pair in the second image. Without the certificate and mounted case as shown in the first, I wouldn't bet on them being the real deal. Not by a long shot. Another red flag is the official ones didn't appear to come with guns. That second photo is from a craigslist sale on June 8th and is very similar to an eBay listing from the 15th... so (and I'm totally just throwing out a guess here) I would say someone recast and plated some figures themselves (not unprecedented) and passed them off as the exclusives, then either the buyer tried to flip them on eBay for a profit, or the original scammer made more. Fishy.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Rook » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

Notice in the second one they've added cast blasters. I'm guessing fake. Also no label/certificate with signature from Lego Staff. ;)

Spray paint anyone? :lol:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Iare Tosevite » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 am

Or actual bronze casting. Still fake as not from lego.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Return to Star Wars