Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

Postby meeotch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 am

Plus, I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I collect royalties on that smily. Your accounts will be billed at the end of the month.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Raequan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Then its money well spent.
Raequan

Postby ShockZap » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Raequan wrote::facepalm:
Exactly what I wanted. This is just what I though Star Wars would do.
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby ShockZap » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:22 pm

I heard that CN already has Ahsoka's fate decided. I just wonder what it will be.
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby The Brain » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Yeah, I would figure her fate would be decided considering they've mapped the story out. Makes sense if you think about it.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby I Don't Know » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 am

Well,on the trailer for the next episode Ashoka said her master is gonna kill her since she lost her lightsaber. An exaggeration,I know- but it would be a dream if he did kill her and hid the evidence.
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby Larry Lars » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 am

..of old age in som expanded universe novel down the line.

With the success of the Clone Wars series this matter is highly irrelevant. I think many OT fans totally miss the point of this series when they stirring themselves blind on the continuity issues and how it fits in with the Previously made movies.

This is Star Wars right now and we don't know for how long really. And since Ahsoka is a major regular character she'll be along as long as we have the series. We know that she's not in ep III, but there's going to be a million ways of writing the series so that it fits with the rest of the timeline.

If she's going to die in one of the last couple of episodes to increase on Anakin's reasons to turn dark, they first have to be absolutely sure that they don't want to bring the series back in a couple of years.

By now it's pretty obvious how Lucas Film treats the storytelling of this series. It has a timeline, but it's more like they tell the tale of an era with unlimited numbers of adventures for our heroes. Yes, new characters can die, but Ahsoka seems to be specifically designed to bring in younger fans and girls, so to kill her off whenever would be a bad move from the business side of things. And I'd say that business trumps continuity in this case.

And I'm not just talking about selling toys here. As long as we have Obi One, Anakin and Ahsoka we can go on and on with this in between chapter of the Clone Wars. as soon as she dies we have to move on into the relationships of the movies.
Let's say that the animated series ends with Ahsoka alive, but in a position that fits with her not being in ep III. Then she can still turn up in a live action adventure set in the same time frame.

I'd say that she's not going to die mainly because the adventures of this era is told as multiple little stories not necessarily told in the right order, and that if the reason to have her is to add some cutesy fun in the mix it would be a too dark a turn to kill her.
Larry Lars

Postby General Weegee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

Probably during The Dark Times. Either Galen Marek or Darth Vader would kill her.
General Weegee

Postby DarthBane » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Dont take this as fact, but as a Master Plo Koon fan, I did a lot of reading on him about his past and death. We all know he died in EP III under order 66, I had read that one of his padawans at the time of order 66 was able to feel when Plo was killed and was able to escape being killed by the order.

Well I also read the same thing for Ahsoka, she too had felt when Plo died and was able to escape the order also.

It is known that Plo found Ahsoka at a young age and brought her to the Jedi. Also Ahsoka and Plo were close enough to feel each other through the force.

Again none of this is fact yet, but I go by this and have told my kids the same, they are huge fans of Ahsoka and fear her demise.
DarthBane

Postby Forrest » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Maybe Grievous will shove her into a meat grinder. :lol:
Pink Floyd or bust.
Forrest

Postby jonah2013pal » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 pm

I bet she survives the Jedi Purge, goes into hiding, grows up, ends up with the rebels, meets Luke, and dies during a lightsaber duel with Vader.
Maybe I'm getting too detailed, but I'm pretty sure she gets killed by Darth Vader. Think about it! Dies at the hands of her beloved master and friend!
jonah2013pal

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 pm

I think all of the irony capable of being wrung from the 'Anakin kills everyone he once loved/revered/was respected by' thing was used up by the time we got Revenge of the Sith.
The Jinja Ninja

Postby WillyWampa » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:27 pm

I think it will play out over 2 or 3 episodes something like this:

- Ahsoka inadvertently discovers that Anakin and Padame are a couple.

- She keeps her silence until she and Anakin are sent off on a mission to some distant planet. She privately confronts Anakin with her discovery and threatens to inform the jedi council if Anikin doesn't break off his relationship and follow the "true jedi path". Anakin reluctantly agrees in order to shut her up and to buy him some time to figure out how to deal with this.

- Near the end of the mission, during a battle with Greivous (or some other bad guy), Ahsoka ends up in a situation where she will be ambushed. Anakin sees this and starts to warn her, but decides not to and watches as Ahsoka gets fatally injured in the attack. Thus letting the dark side take care of his problem. For dramatic effect the dying Ahsoka makes eye contact with Anakin and realizes that he could have saved her... but didn't.
WillyWampa

Postby Bob P » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 pm

An elderly Ahsoka and Luke Skywalker cleaning up the post Empire galaxy!

This EU stuff is in constant motion and the possibilities are endless.
Bob P

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 am

Killed by Boba Fett?
Diaaabo

Postby Raequan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Diaaabo wrote:Killed by Boba Fett?

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Boba must've been badass as a kid.
Raequan

Postby HoboBob1138 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm sure he was, and hopefully soon we'll find out. I saw a trailer for episodes involving him for the end of the month? Can anyone confirm? Also I don't really care for Ahsoka so her fate matters little to me.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 am

Yes, I saw the trailers as well, hence my idea of him ending up killing Ashoka. It might make sense depending on the series; but how would it be with Anakin? He wouldn't like it very much; but in ESB he hires Boba.. could he be forgotten by then?
Diaaabo

Postby HoboBob1138 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 am

Well in one of the comics or one of the books between III and IV, I can't remember which, Vader and Boba run into each other and have a heart to heart so maybe Vader forgives him. Or maybe Vader hates Ahsoka as much as we do and is secretly glad.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby vynsane » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:33 am

Maybe Asohka's death at Boba's hands is the reason for the "no disintegrations" line in ESB ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars