Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Brickmaster News

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Brickmaster News

Postby Staff » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 pm

I just got my summer 2010 catalog in the mail today. Flipping through it, I noticed some pretty sweet things coming up for Brickmaster subscribers. The July/August set was already revealed; I can't seem to find the thread but it is a MINI-scale Imperial Shuttle. The September/October set is Prince of Persia themed complete with Prince Dastan, the Dagger of Time, snakes, and a small playset. November/December is a MINI-scale AT-AT.

I remember when Brickmaster was the red-headed stepchild of LEGO's product catalog. When the program was announced a few years back, it sounded promising. $40 bucks a year, a new LEGO set delivered to your door every two months, a bigger and beefier magazine than the free LEGO Club magazine, coupons to use at S@H, and a LEGOLand/LEGO Discovery Center ticket. Sounds good, right? Needless to say, it was a bit disappointing as the sets were the inexpensive sets that weren't exclusive and can be bought almost anywhere, lots of Bionicle stuff, there was little magazine content that set it apart from the LEGO Club magazine, the coupons could be used by non-subscribers, and most people didn't have any use for the free ticket. We complained. And they listened. Brickmaster subscribers now truly get exclusive sets and the next three cycles are proof of this. Except maybe the Shuttle. Anyways, you get my point. While the other perks of being a member hasn't changed or hasn't changed much at all, the sets alone are, I feel, worth the price. I just wish the designs were a little more aesthetically pleasing. Personally, I think the best Brickmaster set was the Indiana Jones jeep set from a few cycles back.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/06/29/lego-brickmaster-news/
Staff

Re: LEGO Brickmaster News

Postby Dendo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:31 pm

I've done brickmaster for 2 years now and have been somewhat pleased. Being a Star Wars fan, I don't care much for the creator sets, but some have been ok and good parts packs. The 2 coupons are nice to cover s&h from shop@home since I don't live near a brand store. However, I learned the hard way this time around that the coupons have very short expiration dates. I will probably do one more year to get the PoP and AT-AT sets. Will have to see what comes after that...
Dendo

Postby CloneEmperor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 pm

It's nice that the Brickmaster sets are a true exclusive, but I can't help but feel like Brickmaster is a huge slap in the face to LEGO fans based outside the US. I would love to get a hold of these exclusives without having to pay the inflated bricklink prices, but I don't live in the US so I can't subscribe to it.
CloneEmperor

Postby earl9371 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 am

Speaking of the new catalog...did anyone else notice there's no mention of Indiana Jones? Looks like it may be on the way out.
earl9371

Postby Lord Pachelbel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:50 am

That Indiana Jones Jeep was great. It's a very well-built little car.
Lord Pachelbel

Postby KimT » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Forresto posted this picture on EB of the 20018 Mini AT-AT.
It looks like a rehash of the old mini AT-AT to me.
"How can this possibly go wrong?"
- Famous Last Words
KimT

Postby onions » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm

KimT wrote:Forresto posted this picture on EB of the 20018 Mini AT-AT.
It looks like a rehash of the old mini AT-AT to me.

it's not. it's uglier.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Cradok » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:10 pm

The only similarity I can see is the use of the wedge blocks for the body.
Cradok

Postby vynsane » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 am

The most recent issue of LEGO Club Magazine I received was "in actuality" an issue of Brickmaster - I put that in quotes on purpose, because it didn't look all that different from the usual LEGO Club Mag, only with a different logo on the cover. Additionally it had a false cover with the subscription info for the real Brickmaster mag.

Am I right that this most recent copy is not really indicative of the content of Brickmaster, or is it really just another LEGO Club mag that you pay for and get a few exclusives with?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby kyphur » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 am

I just received my first BrickMaster (with the 20016 Shuttle Mini) and am pleased with it.

I enjoyed the alt model for the Mini Shuttle (Mini of the Assault Gunboat from the old Tie Fighter Video Game) and was wondering if the other issues that had SW Minis also included an alt model for the set?

I have all of the BrickMaster SW Models but don't have the Mags they came with. If anyone has all of the mags and wouldn't mind posting the alts (if they exist) or confirming that they don't exist I would appreciate it.
kyphur

Return to Star Wars