Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10th Anniversary without Padme

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10th Anniversary without Padme

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 am

Old Republic wrote:10th Anniversary set? Have we seen anything labeled as such yet?

Yes, we have. The 8017 Darth Vader's TIE is advertised as a 10th anniversary set, look at the box art. Also, preliminary images of the upcoming Mid-scale Millennium Falcon hint that it might also be a 10th anniversary set. It's doubtful at this point that we'll be getting any EP I sets this year.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby legofett » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:36 am

I just want that Geonosis Padme with the white ripped skintight battle shirt. ;) Seriously the women is hot! Not to mention she was the leading lady in all 3 pt movies! WHY did they not toss her in the first gunship?!?! Then again ,they are probably thinking of little kids with cuttie mentality, not collectors.

Also now they wait until their only option is to throw her in a ugly cartoon set, rather than the normal beauty she is.

There needs to be a arena set before the line is up that way I could have a much needed jango, and Padme! XD
legofett

Postby Ty55 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 am

If they do release another fig, it would be rather nice for them to release a normal version before they thought of a CW version. I would much rather have a mini-fig version of Natalie Portman than a mini-fig version of, who's idea was it to represent Natalie Portman with this digital persona. I'm sorry but her character/voice in the CW cartoons is annoying. Not to mention shes completely retarded. "I've been sent here on an important diplomatic mission from reliable sources, oh wait what's that giant seperatists battle ship heading for my face? wtf?"
Ty55

Postby Linkavitch » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 pm

GIR3691 wrote:
Artizan wrote:since that awful podracer set

That was a great set!

I agree! (especially since I have it) But I also agree with the OP on that there ought to be more with her in it. But please, make it Padme as Natalie Portman, not Padme as a silly cartoon thing. (I don't really like those minifigs.)
Why on earth was the Empire able to build a moon-sized battle station capable of destroying an entire planet when, at the same time, they're most common data storage unit was still a tape!?
Linkavitch

Postby Darth Pityles » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm

On reply to a post I saw somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it, Padme is actually the most accurate shot in Star Wars. I mean, every karking shot is a headshot! Not even Han Solo is that good!

But, yeah, it's pretty lame for TLG to be celebrating anything without this drool fuel from the prequels. Also, she's kinda important, being the mother of the savior of the galaxy and all.

I don't care whether she's "CW fugly" or not, I just think that they should do one of each so that we have a choice.
For some reason, I always have a bad feeling about things.

It's Lego, not "legos"!

Nietzsche was obviously an alien.
Darth Pityles

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Personally, I'm a very big Natalie Portman and Padme fan. I think that she was a serviceable female lead in the prequel trilogy among a sea of bad acting (mainly from Hayden Christensen). If Lego can give us Leia, why not Padme? As far as I remember, the only Padme figure was with the Episode I Podracing set. Since we have a Slave Leia minifig, there's no reason Lego shouldn't give us one of the fan-service outfit of the prequel trilogy (the Arena Battle outfit of course, what do you think I'm talking about?) Padme also has scores of beautiful gowns. Padme could easily come with one of her smaller Starships or be thrown into a Bail Organa speeder set. I don't care that she doesn't seem to fit into any saleable Star Wars sets, give us more Padme!!!
Jedd the Jedi

Postby twentythree » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Darth Pityles wrote:Also, she's kinda important, being the mother of the savior of the galaxy and all.

Wait, she's Obama's mama?! ;)
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 am

Darth Pityles wrote:Also, she's kinda important, being the mother of the savior of the galaxy and all.

twentythree wrote:Wait, she's Obama's mama?! ;)

Well played, sir, well played ;)
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Big C » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 am

*snicker*

Ahem. Sorry. Let's leave this vein of the conversation and get back on topic, okay? :)
Big C

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

I guess LEGO doesn't feel any pressure to give us a Padmé minifig, since Star Wars sets seemed to be selling like warm and moist cupcakes these days. Why bother creating a brand new minifig when Star Wars sets almost sell out by themselves?

Maybe in a year or so, when the recession will be at its worst and sets will no longer sell well that LEGO will bother to give the fans what they've been asing for so long.
Daz Hoo

Postby Draykov » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:Maybe in a year or so, when the recession will be at its worst and sets will no longer sell well that LEGO will bother to give the fans what they've been asing for so long.

Dude...tauntauns. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby twentythree » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 am

Draykov wrote:
Daz Hoo wrote:Maybe in a year or so, when the recession will be at its worst and sets will no longer sell well that LEGO will bother to give the fans what they've been asing for so long.

Dude...tauntauns. ;)

Great example! Also, jawas. :)
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:15 am

Draykov wrote:

Dude...tauntauns. ;)

Hey, I didn't say the 2009 sets (already here and to come) weren't any good. In fact, the sets are really great IMHO, and the way they are selling, many seems to be agreeing with me.

But the fact remains that a Padmé minifig would only be an "added incentive" to any Star Wars set, but right now, there's no need for that since sets are selling well.
Daz Hoo

Postby Ty55 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 am

Darth Pityles wrote:On reply to a post I saw somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it, Padme is actually the most accurate shot in Star Wars. I mean, every karking shot is a headshot! Not even Han Solo is that good!

But, yeah, it's pretty lame for TLG to be celebrating anything without this drool fuel from the prequel.

I love that comment, not only is she "drool fuel" for being hot, but she's hot and amazing with a blaster. Instant equation for man drool. :lol:

Daz Hoo wrote:But the fact remains that a Padmé minifig would only be an "added incentive" to any Star Wars set, but right now, there's no need for that since sets are selling well.

But why not just to sell that much better?
Ty55

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am

That's what I'm saying. They don't need to sell any better. The SW sets are already selling out more rapidly than LEGO can produce them. Hence there isn't a need right now for that "added incentive".
Daz Hoo

Postby Ty55 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

Well nothing is sold out here where I live so I guess I just didn't see it from your point of view. We still have plenty of stuff that could sell here.
Ty55

Postby DarthZach13 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:50 pm

twentythree wrote:

Wait, she's Obama's mama?! ;)

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DarthZach13

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks for that.

I'll try and save this bump. Since we've seen the 2010 assortment, it looks like we still won't be getting a Padme for a while. ;)
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:46 pm

How about an Ep III pregers Padme giving birth to Luke and Leia?
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby natespizer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Better yet a EP III delivery room playset with Padme , 2 little babies a delivery robot, Obi wan and Yoda!

haha
natespizer

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars