Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10th Anniversary without Padme

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10th Anniversary without Padme

Postby Chuck » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:00 am

lordjacobi wrote:what about a set from the clone wars . like her, jar jar a rodion, droids and the vice roy.

Seeing as the Rodian was only in one episode so far, I doubt they would make another set with him in it. To me, the most plausible potential CW set would be a bley or partially metallic silver Naboo shuttle that she has been seen in in most of the CW episodes that include her. I'd imagine it would be in the price range of the Separtist Shuttle, and would include 3P0, Padme, and Jar-Jar.

-Chuck
Chuck

Postby twentythree » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Just throw her in the next wave of magnets and be done with it already. That way those who "need" her can have one and it guarantees that we don't have a scene set that will end up filling shelfspace at the stores. Plus, no confusion on her being in the wrong ship. And please don't make it a CW creepy version. Try either "Naboo in hiding hottie" (in the colorful dress) or Snow bunny (with interchangable hair/hoodie plus a blaster). :D
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby darth jason » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm

GIR3691 wrote:She'll be in a Clone Wars set sooner or later. Keep your pants on. ;)

I think a Padme mini is wayyyy over due. they have 3 pretty solid options for ships to include her in. The Royal Naboo starship, the Flying wing looking ship(too bad it blew up, it was really cool looking) in AOTC or her personal "yacht" w/C-3PO would be a very fitting combo. I think a nice Senator figure in her little turban and a laser pistol would look great

I think TLG needs to show the ladies some love! we have quite a few princess Leia variants and hardly any Padme's and no Queen Amidala that i know of at all. I also think with the new colour scheme for the jedi lightsaber hilts(i.e. Mace Windu and Yoda) TLG can get away with "silver" bricks and keep the cost down instead of the chrome that i know alot of folks have pined for but would unfortunatly give us some morbidly over priced set.
darth jason

Postby darth jason » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Andi wrote:How can you not like her? She's the mom from Luke and Leia.

Not to mention the best shot w/a laser pistol in the entire series...She dosen't miss
darth jason

Postby Draykov » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Darthboba281 wrote:Also, Artizan, there has been a Royal Starship (and it came with no figs).

How has nobody called "shenannigans" on this yet? If there's a joke here, I missed it, and I apologize, but that set is a fake/fan created box art. Would the real 7090 please stand up.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby The Brain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Draykov wrote:How has nobody called "shenannigans" on this yet? If there's a joke here, I missed it, and I apologize, but that set is a fake/fan created box art. Would the real 7090 please stand up.

:lol: Nobody caught that mistake because nobody reads the "Padme" thread. :D

Anywho, I might as well say that although Padme is not essential to my minifig collection, it would be a nice addition, especially considering if we had a set with her on Ilum, for example, wearing her white robes, with a new official Lego white hood and cape.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Darthboba281 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Oh man, you're right, Draykov! :O I can't believe this! And I feel extra stupid since I bought the real 7090 (I just never noticed). I've gotta go now, I'm going to kick the guy who made that picture in the butt. :lol:
Darthboba281

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:40 am

I thought it was just common knowledge that the chrome starship there was a fan MOC. It's been around forever and despite the nice job on that box art it still doesn't look like anything LEGO would put out. Kids these days will believe anything. Also, if there was any doubt, five seconds of digging would reveal it's secrets on Brickshelf.

But yeah, no, The Brain was right... no one really reads this thread. That's the real reason. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:19 am

Solo wrote:But yeah, no, The Brain was right... no one really reads this thread. That's the real reason. ;)

Oh, I read this thread allright! I just don't read Darthboba281's posts... :p
Daz Hoo

Postby darth jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Draykov wrote:
Darthboba281 wrote:Also, Artizan, there has been a Royal Starship (and it came with no figs).

How has nobody called "shenannigans" on this yet? If there's a joke here, I missed it, and I apologize, but that set is a fake/fan created box art. Would the real 7090 please stand up.

I didnt say anything because

a) That was obviously a fake that has been around forevor and a day. Its still a really cool mini though. I'd buy it if it was real.

B) I just cant get that excited over nothing.

I'd like to have a Padme mini not just for the collectability but because she's a really cool,important charachter (George Lucas dialog aside). I think alot of people would buy a set exclusively because it is a Padme set, even if they do throw in a redux Jar Jar w/his puple evening gloves. I mean come on whats with the two bit Holly Golightly Impersonation. PPPBBBBTTTT!!!
darth jason

Postby onions » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

if anyone believes this i have a bridge to sell you.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:18 pm

darth jason wrote:a) That was obviously a fake that has been around forevor and a day. Its still a really cool mini though. I'd buy it if it was real.

B) I just cant get that excited over nothing.

a) Apparently it's more obvious to some than others (no offense to Darthboba281).

B) Image
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby darth jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:45 pm

HAHAH! I love the picture. that was like one of the funniest south park episodes ever.

I feel so goth right now.
darth jason

Postby The Brain » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:08 pm

onions wrote:if anyone believes this i have a bridge to sell you.

:lol: :D
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby donneyboy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm

I want her really badly, and I hope in late 2009, or 2010 the release her ship, but make it chromed out!
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby tso1138 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm

they want to kinda drop her out of the story line so they wont influence 9 year olds to fall in love with 15year olds :S . there was a baby boom in the 1950's, and i don't think we kneed another one.
the......pencil.....isn't.........WRIGHTING!!!! I'll just sign with the big button pannel with all the canaidian letters. -TSO1138
(ha! hopfuly someone has decoded my criptic message!)
(always look both ways before crossing race car track)
tso1138

Postby Draykov » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:42 pm

tso1138 wrote:...there was a baby boom in the 1950's, and i don't think we kneed another one.

:lol: I might be really out of touch with the "young people", but I think the most likely event to result from a dramatic increase in the number of 9-year-old boys pursuing 15-year-old girls would be a directly proportionate increase in the number of broken-hearted 9-year-old boys. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby twentythree » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 am

So there'd be more "emo Anakins"? Great, another Sith Empire in the making.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:32 pm

You said it, twentythree. Give me five...oh yeah...we're too far away.
Darthboba281

Postby Old Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:06 am

10th Anniversary set? Have we seen anything labeled as such yet? IMO it's quite possible as it is the 10th aniv. of both LSW and EPI. An anniversary set would most certainly be an EPI set and for the first 4-5 years of this hobby the NRS was (arguably) the most sought after ship. We were told over and over that it wasn't a possibility because chroming was cost prohibitive but now it seems that the metallic silver bricks are quite mainstream. I would find it acceptable in that colour. It doesn't need to be a huge set, somewhere in the Millenium Falcon range would be good. Amidala, Panaka, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar and a couple of astomech droids? If you want Captain Obvious and young Annie, you'll just have to buy the Naboo fighter. Perhaps they could even include a Darth Maul?
This is just one example of an EPI set that could be made as an anniversary set....

Either way, we get a Mon Mothma fig this year so surely Padme is on the radar?

Trevor
Old Republic

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars