Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10th Anniversary without Padme

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10th Anniversary without Padme

Postby RogueJedi007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm

I'd still like to see one of the several Naboo Cruisers that Padme is always flying around in, done by Lego. I know it wouldn't be chrome and could live with that. They could do it the size of the Twilight and have Padme and maybe the droids? Maybe an Anakin, from Episode 2? Seems like a no-brainer to do a Naboo Cruiser with Padme.
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby Draykov » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Crusader wrote:She has to be a fairly easy minifig to make--just throw her in a random Clone Wars set and watch it sell.

Padme pack!

Seriously though, I think 10 years without her is a bit of a stretch considering she's, ya know, the mother of Luke and Leia. I have to admit, I'm not particularly bent out of shape that we haven't seen a new Padme or "Queen" fig, but the "she doesn't drive a spaceship" argument doesn't really hold water, as others have pointed out.

infallible wrote:Yeah, but do we want her in a Clone Wars set?

I'd prefer an Episode I-III version myself.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm

I would love to see them put out some new Podracer sets, like a classy remake of the original Ani Pod and Sebulba. The build style has improved dramatically since that was released and I think they could blow some minds. Here's my hopeful thought that you're all welcome to hate: Ani and Sebulba with their pods, plus an observation tower with Padme, Jar Jar, Qui Gon and Obi Wan.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby yankeeken » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 am

Personally, as much as I want Padme minifig to be made I hope that they don't redo the Podracer sets. First of all, redoing the podracer sets would just mean that we would get a flesh version of the only Padme minifig. I don't know about you, but I would rather have a better torso for Padme, then just a ugly vest/blue shirt. Secondly, I found the original Podracer sets to be fairly plain and boring, but that might just be because I disliked the whole Podracer concept in the movie.
yankeeken

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:47 am

If they redid the podracers, then the minifig would probably be different. It's just a possibility that they would if they remade the Podrace
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:22 am

It's a matter of opinion. I thought that was a good look and wouldn't mind seeing a revamped flesh version of the same outfit.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:45 am

If anything, the white Geonosis outfit would be best. No new molds, so easily just stuck into a new set.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby TheThrasher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 am

Well, if everyone has noticed, LEGO seems to be listening to the fans more and more now. Sure, it took them a while, but they're listening. They know we have wanted a new Padme for a long time. They also new that we wanted a Taun Taun for a long time, and we now have it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Padme in the next wave of sets. As for what set she will be in, thats anyone's guess, but I'm sure we'll get her.
TheThrasher

Postby batsamd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 am

Well, since she got some good screen time in the last two Clone Wars episodes, I'm sure she'll turn up in a Clone Wars themed set one of these days.

Maybe they could make her cruiser and include her, Jar Jar and C-3PO.

Wonder if they would Clone Wars-ize Padme or Jar Jar and if they did, how they would look?
batsamd

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:39 am

Great set idea, Don. I could go for some "classy" podracers, and your concept could be successful from a marketing standpoint too, I think. A fleshy revamp of the previous figure would probably be relatively inexpensive for TLG, and if there was only one Padme available, there wouldn't be much room to complain. . . you can't have your cake and eat it too. I do hope that we don't end up with a CW Padme, 'cause I'm tired of the silly cartoon faces. If everyone wants to see her in her white battle outfit or royal garb, they'd have to put together some kind of Geonosis battle playset, which could be pricey (they probably had an opportunity with the RGS, but that's been done twice now and no Padme), or a Theed Palace set. I still think a Flash Speeder could be a really great way to make her available as a minifig. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Drock » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am

GIR3691 wrote:If anything, the white Geonosis outfit would be best. No new molds, so easily just stuck into a new set.

Would this be before or after the Nexu slashed her outfit?
XD

I think they will release a set of the vehicle from last week's Clone Wars cartoon (with the blue virus or whatever) where she was riding with Jar Jar.
Drock

Postby R2 Lou2 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 pm

GIR3691 wrote:She'll be in a Clone Wars set sooner or later. Keep your pants on. ;)

That could be difficult if we get Padme in a corset or with space nipples ;)
R2 Lou2

Postby SuperDave » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Solo wrote:Ani and Sebulba with their pods, plus an observation tower with Padme, Jar Jar, Qui Gon and Obi Wan.

How many years has it been without a Shmi fig? She's Darth Vader's mom, for Pete's sake!
SuperDave

Postby paul starkiller » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

How About,
A padme dressing set?(no not for the girls)
But if they can't place her in a set.
Starwars isn't anything without padme.
Just a set with.
* Padme normal head.
* Padme Queen head.
* And some of the many hairpieces.
* And some of the many clothes/dresses.
Just an idea.
paul starkiller

Postby TheThrasher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

That would be pretty cool, but then it wouldn't really be a set, just a figure. Hasbro would have it's self a hissy fit and throw a lawsuit onto LEGO. They've tryed figure only sets before, but like I said, Hasbro doesn't like it.

And about a set, I would love a Geonosia Arena set. Some pillars, Obi, Anakin, Padme, a new Jango ( :D ), some Geonosians, Dooku and maybe even some clones or other jedi (I know, thats stretching it). Then they make the 3 creatures. If they really want to go even further, they can make a stands area, but it would be strunkin down, of course.
TheThrasher

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 pm

paul starkiller wrote:Starwars isn't anything without padme.

It was something without Padme for about 22 years.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Artizan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 am

i cant understand how some of you cant seem to think of her put in any set. naboo royal starship, padme's yacht from 2 and 3 are the most possible sets to do, other than that, an naboo battle set, geonosian arena set, senate(or other coruscant scene) set, mustafar set...she's the main actress of the prequel trilogy, now, come on...
Artizan

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 pm

If there isn't gonna be a lego set for the battle in that Geonosis coliseum in Attack of the Clones, then there probably isn't going to be another lego Padme :'( .

I agree with Artizan's quote,
i cant understand how some of you cant seem to think of her in any set.

Also, Artizan, there has been a Royal Starship (and it came with no figs).

Last edited by Darthboba281 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darthboba281

Postby banthafodder » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 pm

What about a geonosis droid factory. You could have Padame, Anakin, some geonosins (which we haven't seen for a long time either), some droid parts, and mechanical looking things. It would be a do-able play set without much retooling. Just need some conveyor belts, a large suspended bucket and mechanical stamp looking things.
banthafodder

Postby lordjacobi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:42 am

what about a set from the clone wars . like her, jar jar a rodion, droids and the vice roy.
"The time has come. Execute Order 66."
― Palpatine
lordjacobi

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars