Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Force FX Lightsabers

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Force FX Lightsabers

Postby AlternativeRadio » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:23 am

As many of you probably know, Master Replicas stopped making the Force FX lightsabers. What was news to me, however, was that hasbro was making an all-new line of lightsabers, including ones MR didn't make, like TPM Obi-Wan and Count Dooku.
http://toyfair09.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=53
I know Ace and Mike only covered the LEGO portion of the toyfair, but I wonder if they by any chance got a glimpse of the new sabers.
Thoughts? Comments? I'm pretty excited about the new lightsabers, because I missed the oppurtunity when MR made them, and although you can still find some at stores like Newbury Comics and Borders, I think I'll wait for some of the new models.
AlternativeRadio

Re: Force FX Lightsabers

Postby TheThrasher » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Those look pretty good. I was thinking about buying another MR saber while my local TRU still has them in stock, but I might just hold off for one of these. That Dooku saber looks really cool.
TheThrasher

Postby Starsmore » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:11 pm

I saw an Obi Wan "Hasbro Signature Series" Force FX in Best Buy the other day, seems pretty much like the Master Replicas stuff.

Of course, if I heard correctly, Master Replicas just removed themselves from the process of making Force FX sabers, and Hasbro slotted in, so it's the exact same everything for the existing sabers.

Sold on that Dooku saber, tho. Can't wait till they go into production, the aftermarket modders should have a field day rigging it out pretty decent (go check out UltraSabers for examples).
Starsmore

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Master Replicas lost the Star Wars license, for various reasons, and a few others have picked up the pieces. I'm glad Hasbro grabbed the Force FX sabers because they're rather cool in spite of their flaws. I still don't have one for myself though. :(
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Yea, I'm pretty much like Don when it comes to FX lightsabers. I really wanted one when I found a few of them for sale a a local Borders Book Store. However, for me, this is great news considering how awesome they look. I would really love an Obi-Wan lightsaber...for obvious reasons ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 pm

I got both of mine for discounted prices when MR was clearing out. The blue ones are much brighter. I have Luke ANH and half of a Maul saber. I'll probably get Dooku if and when it is on sale.

Nice to see Hasbro picking up on new items in addition to rehashing the old models. Time will tell if they are up to the same quality.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 am

When I think that I was so stupid to sell my MR Saber again, because I hadn't found a good display space... :S
Would be really cool if Hasbro would now produce these sabers.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby onions » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 am

Unfortunately we couldn't make it to any other vendors during the trip.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby chawan_cut » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:20 pm

do you know of any stores that carry or used to sell them? i can only recall toysrus. i should've bought when i had the chance.
thanks!
chawan_cut

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:51 pm

I don't really know because they were discontinued. But, there's this great thing called google (and a shift key ;) ) on the internet...search and see what you come up with. You'll be able to find something out there. If not, try Ebay.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Do a Google shopping search and you can find the later MR sabers for around $80, still under original MSRP.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby TheThrasher » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Actually, Hasbro is now selling the FX Saber's. At their website, they have for sale some of the original FX sabers that Master Replicas made. They don't have any new ones, like the Dooku or anything up yet, but I'm sure in time they will.
TheThrasher

Return to Star Wars