Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS Y-Wing re-released?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: UCS Y-Wing re-released?

Postby buhs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Actually the UCS Y-Wing changed from "sold out" to "call for availability" for an hour or two Saturday morning... I called... they had 4 left in stock from a recently discovered old supply (the customer service rep "Dan" was very helpful... he's a Star Wars fan too)... I ordered one... should arrive this week! I'm lucky I guess. XD
buhs

Postby b4p » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:04 pm

i've been checking the website constantly and havent seen it available yet. unlucky for me
b4p

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm

buhs wrote:they had 4 left in stock from a recently discovered old supply... I ordered one... should arrive this week! I'm lucky I guess. XD

I hate you. . . ;)
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby buhs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Sorry MrCRskater, didn't mean to come across as a smug jerk :S ...wish I could have gotten one for all of you guys too! Very good deal though, been wanting one of these for awhile as I only recently started getting the UCS models... before that it was only about the minfig scale sets. Hopefully LEGO will begin re-releasing the UCS models... I'd LOVE the X-wing too!
buhs

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Buhs, you didn't come across poorly at all, no worries :) I'm just EXTREMELY jealous! Maybe one day I'll have enough in the bank to buy one at after-market price. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby b4p » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:57 pm

i'm still checking back. it would be nice if people would/could order multiples to help out others here. I'm still hoping i get lucky, but I really doubt I will.
b4p

Postby BrickSith206 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:43 am

b4p wrote: it would be nice if people would/could order multiples to help out others here.

That level of humanity has not existed on the planet...probably ever. I would purchase one just because the detail and sheer awesomeness of the set. (I've had a few pass through my hands). If I bought 4, one would be for me, and the 3 others for those willing to pony up the $$$. Cheers to capitalism.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby buhs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:25 pm

I just got off the phone with LEGO checking on my order status... apparently I was number 4 on the "stack" for the UCS Y-wing... but only 3 were actually available to ship (guess the inventory was wrong?)... my order was cancelled. :'(

You think LEGO would re-release these models... obviously there is still a market... hope they make a new and improved version.
buhs

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Buhs, sorry to hear about your loss :( (genuinely, I'm not being a jerkwad). I agree with you, some of the UCS sets are just so awesome/classic that a re-release, even without a redesign, would be received enthusiastically (at least by me). I would love to get my hands on the old X-Wing, Y-Wing, Blockade Runner, TIE Interceptor, and Snowspeeder. Sadly, those all were released when I was younger and didn't have an extra few hundred dollars here and there. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:16 am

That sucks that you missed out. Hopefully they'll find another stash somewhere and you'll have better luck.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby DarthMC » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am

It is still on the S@H site listed as 'Not Available' so they may think they may find some more. Keep looking.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby Super33 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 am

Let's all hope they find some X wings! I can't even afford to 'think' about spending at least $400 on an unopened X Wing.
Super33

Postby buhs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for your sympathy Don... I really was bummed when the customer service rep told me the order was cancelled. Don't feel too bad though... my wife felt bad too and gave me the go ahead to order the UCS Millennium Falcon (our original agreement was to wait until she goes back to work next January from maternity leave). I just got my yearly bonus (no it wasn't taxpayer funded, I don't work in the financial markets... my company actually still makes money), so it was either formula and diapers... or you know... UCS LEGO. :p
buhs

Previous

Return to Star Wars