Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS Y-Wing re-released?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

UCS Y-Wing re-released?

Postby thesilverspyder » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 am

Looky Looky

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=416&d=322

The ISD and sandcrawler are back too, but they say they are sold out or not available. WTF?

screencap just in-case it goes away. I hope it's not a fluke.

Last edited by thesilverspyder on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
See my entire collection built piece by piece!
http://www.youtube.com/user/dollarsignfrodofan77
thesilverspyder

Re: UCS Y-Wing re-released

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

That is a bit of a mystery, because it's been out of production for a long time. I doubt it's really going to be back for sale though.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Joedward » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:11 am

It says not available under the Y-wing
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Darth_Marcon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am

There appears to be a few sets which I haven't seen available on the Canadian site as well for a while pop back up. Most are showing "call for availability". The UCS Sandcrawler, UCS ISD, the Republic Fight Tank.. Not sure if theres some web developer who messed up or they tracked down some older sets kicking around. If they could pop up some really older sets from before I started collecting that would be great.
Darth_Marcon

Re: UCS Y-Wing re-released?

Postby b4p » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:22 am

I hope they come back; i just got into this whole lego starwars thing a few months ago.

Not being able to buy something simple like a Y-Wing or a star destroyer seems stupid to me. It's like they are saying "no thanks, we don't want your money". I understand it's supposed to be a collector's item, but give me a break. It would be nice if they'd at least replace those older sets with newer versions that are basically the same thing.

Sorry for the rant :cool:
b4p

Postby Firespray » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 am

Heh they've already done that with a few sets over the past few years :lol:
Firespray

Postby b4p » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:09 pm

from what i've seen the new sets are much smaller than the originals. I prefer the bigger ones, and don't really consider the smaller sets to be a replacement for the real thing.
b4p

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:49 pm

My logic tells me "this is a fluke", but my heart screams "PLEASE LET IT BE SO!!!" I've wanted one of those Y-wings since their inception, and I missed the boat :'(
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby thesilverspyder » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah, I ebay-ed mine and paid twice that much for it! I'd buy a new one from the LEGO store for spite.
See my entire collection built piece by piece!
http://www.youtube.com/user/dollarsignfrodofan77
thesilverspyder

Postby Green Brick Giant » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

The UCS TIE had been gone awhile too, and came back. All I can think of is that LEGO found some random Star Wars sets in a warehouse and are selling them off. Maybe KB Toys had some hiding and because they are going broke sold them back to LEGO.
"It seems that the more (idiotic, foolish, childish, moronic )passionate members of our community are getting a little upset and impatient to say the least."
Green Brick Giant

Postby Darth's Daddy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm

What SpeaknSpell has told us in the past is that sometimes they find a few sets in the wearhouse or some come back in a return. However, they are usually sold before the listing even posts.
Thats the facts, the rest of this note is just my guessing...
I would imagine that the sales department and the web-listing departments are separate. So the request is put by the inventory department to list something and it probably takes a few days to get it posted.
Not exactly sure how they sell so quickly, but if I had to guess it would be that people calling in for other sets are asking about older sets and getting the 1 or 3 they have available.
Darth's Daddy

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:34 pm

I never purchased one of these, even though I did contemplate getting one a while back. I still think it's one of lego's better Star Wars USC sets for sure. But as most of you, I find it pretty odd to be seeing this up on shop@home...but it seems we have come to a reason as to why.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby kelano28 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Well for 285 more pieces you can spend $130 more on the Republic Dropship / AT-OP when it comes out!

Feel better everyone?

Sorry i'm just bitter... :S
kelano28

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:26 pm

If this is true, this is awesome. However, I have the feeling that it's one of those random things. Y'know?

Steve, if you read this and happen to know the answer (or have the time to find it), could we please get a verdict on this.

Thanks,

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Darth's Daddy wrote:What SpeaknSpell has told us in the past is that sometimes they find a few sets in the wearhouse or some come back in a return. However, they are usually sold before the listing even posts.
Thats the facts, the rest of this note is just my guessing...
I would imagine that the sales department and the web-listing departments are separate. So the request is put by the inventory department to list something and it probably takes a few days to get it posted.
Not exactly sure how they sell so quickly, but if I had to guess it would be that people calling in for other sets are asking about older sets and getting the 1 or 3 they have available.

This is pretty much the best answer for what happened...and happens with other sets as well.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby DarthMC » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I was looking for something on S@H last night and they were not there but when I went back an hour later they were there and sold out. Actually the only the ISD was sold out, the Y-Wing was unavailable. So if they really were there, they sold quick.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 pm

b4p wrote:I hope they come back; i just got into this whole lego starwars thing a few months ago.

Not being able to buy something simple like a Y-Wing or a star destroyer seems stupid to me. It's like they are saying "no thanks, we don't want your money". I understand it's supposed to be a collector's item, but give me a break. It would be nice if they'd at least replace those older sets with newer versions that are basically the same thing.

Sorry for the rant :cool:

They can't have everything available all the time, that's just unrealistic. They won't keep a set in production forever just so you could come along and buy them years after everyone else has.

The Clone Wars trumps all right now, so OT fans are stuck, However, we are getting some wicked awesome OT sets this year, so there is really nothing to complain about. Check out Bricklink, just about every set ever made is available there in one form or another.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby LEGOscum » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39 am

thesilverspyder wrote:but they say they are sold out or not available. WTF?

Not Available means that they are not in stock in your region. Try checking some of the European countries because you might find that you can order it if you live on the other side of the Atlantic. This is because North American and European shop@homers get sent stock from different distribution centres.
LEGOscum

Postby harvey_manbird » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Regarding the UCS Y-Wing even though it shows up on S@H I doubt anyone will get much of a chance to get this. What most of you have already said makes sense about finding several sets in the warehouse somewhere. It would definitely be nice to pick up an older set like this.

F.Y.I. I was at my local LEGO store (Santa Clara) last week and they had about a dozen Sandcrawler's at the discounted price. I don't know if people are having trouble finding that particular set but it seems like the store has a decent stock.
DECK OFFICER: Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker.
HAN: Then I'll see you in hell!
harvey_manbird

Postby b4p » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:43 pm

the sandcrawler is in stock at amazon.com for $114.94 (18% off)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4250429-Lego ... B0009GIBO2
b4p

Next

Return to Star Wars