Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego White Boba Fett in Polybag

Postby The_Customizer » Sat May 08, 2010 3:58 pm

They were given out at the Toy Fair 2010 in New York.
The_Customizer

Postby that guy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:11 pm

That's what I thought too but I've seen both the "finished retail" looking poly bag and the "cheapo clear" poly bag that is with the Lego Catalog. It's almost like there were two versions available at the toy fair. Any ideas or am I just crazy???
that guy

Postby ricefields » Mon May 10, 2010 4:49 pm

so both the clear bags (with the books) and the polybags of white boba fett were given out at the toy fair?
ricefields

Postby galaxyfe » Mon May 10, 2010 7:31 pm

called lego up about this. the official looking polybag is making the rounds in lego offices, in an unofficial manner. the person i talked to said they don't know anything about them other than they have seen them around. they weren't given out at the toy fair, only the clear plastic bag boba's were given out at the toy fair. hopefully we hear something soon.
galaxyfe

Postby that guy » Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Here's what I got out of Lego about this minifig. I got the actual "item number" for the poly bag piece after making some calls and then I called Lego about it. After the operator looked it up I got a quick and defiant "How did you get this item number?.....Please hold while I talk to my supervisor". When they came back, all they said was....."I don't know anything about this item and we can't sell it to you." I then asked if they could at least tell me if there was ANY stock of the item to which I once again got the response..."we can't sell you this item is there anyone in your house that would like to get the Lego catalog?". Enough said. All I can hope is that they're going to do like the Chrome Vaders and introduce them into the new Slave 1 sets randomly. It would only seem to make sense now that there is an official item number and bag set out there. Fingers crossed.....
that guy

Postby MisterFubar » Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 am

I heard from a very reliable source that they are going to be randomly placed in boxes of Peanut Butter Crunch.
MisterFubar

Re: White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

Postby The Brain » Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Lolz. I think that the more people speculate and probe, the more ridiculous it is. Let it be, and if it happens it happens.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby vynsane » Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm

I heard that they're just going to mail them to random people in phone books around the world, regardless of whether they are LEGO fans, Star Wars fans, or toy collectors of any kind.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm

^That, my friend, would be total bull. That sounds like the worst idea ever, considering most people would probably just throw them out, thinking it's nothing special. Maybe you should get a more reliable source :P
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby The Brain » Tue May 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Pssst...it was a joke. ;)
The Brain

Postby meeotch » Thu May 13, 2010 5:18 pm

If ever there was an appropriate time... :facepalm:
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Solo » Thu May 13, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm starting to think TGWTB doesn't do "humor"...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Thu May 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Not here, lol. It's actually kinda ironic because my username-sake is from an online comedian. Here, I'm nerd.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby The Brain » Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Last time I checked we were all nerds here...
The Brain

Postby banthafodder » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

^Really?! Darnnit, this whole time I thought this was the happenin' place to be. I'll just go to the corner now and help myself to some punch and cookies.
banthafodder

Postby that guy » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 am

WHAT!!! and this whole time I thought you were all a bunch of Lego lovin', MMOG playing, Huttese talking hot chicks just waiting to meet a guy like me......back to match.com I guess.....
that guy

Postby bobalego » Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I know I am not the first to say this but LEGO is first a toy, intended to be played with. As an AFOL who admits that he plays with his LEGO I think I am not alone in saying shame on the LEGO group for making anything exclusive and rare. I have noticed a slight distaste on my part with completing my collection (Yes, I see the irony in that word.) I do not have everything as it has grown too expensive to own everything. If it were not for an upcoming trade, I would have nearly lost faith in the LEGO world and stopped "collecting" altogether. I do not have a chrome gold C-3PO, is this a big deal? I think so. Anyway, if LEGO does not make this figure for everyone they shouldn't make them at all, because half the people at the Toyfairs are not fans they are business people who enjoy the spoils. I know. I worked at ToysRUs in TimeSquare, and the powers that be (The managment) went to several toyfairs and came back with "gifts" that they used as power over us real toy fans. Seriously, part of why I left that job... money=greed
bobalego

Postby Solo » Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

I disagree with pretty much about everything you just said, but you are entitled to your own point of view.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri May 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Ditto.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby dane » Fri May 14, 2010 7:53 pm

bobalego wrote:I know I am not the first to say this but LEGO is first a toy, intended to be played with. As an AFOL who admits that he plays with his LEGO I think I am not alone in saying shame on the LEGO group for making anything exclusive and rare. I have noticed a slight distaste on my part with completing my collection (Yes, I see the irony in that word.) I do not have everything as it has grown too expensive to own everything. If it were not for an upcoming trade, I would have nearly lost faith in the LEGO world and stopped "collecting" altogether. I do not have a chrome gold C-3PO, is this a big deal? I think so. Anyway, if LEGO does not make this figure for everyone they shouldn't make them at all, because half the people at the Toyfairs are not fans they are business people who enjoy the spoils. I know. I worked at ToysRUs in TimeSquare, and the powers that be (The managment) went to several toyfairs and came back with "gifts" that they used as power over us real toy fans. Seriously, part of why I left that job... money=greed

I agree that it sucks that some things are not available to everyone, but if LEGO wants to make certain items like the chrome Vaders randomized like they did, then they can do whatever they please. The one thing that kind of annoys me is how they are hyping the white Boba Fett up so much, having him in the sticker sheet and on the front cover and all. If they hype it up like that they should at least have him available as a TRU promo, not a random find.
dane

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars