Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: White Boba Fett, Product Book, Chrome Stormtrooper News

Postby galaxyfe » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Just got this

Thank you for your question reguarding the White Boba Fett. While we have confirmed that we will have some of the item available at LEGO Shop at Home, unfortunately that is all the information that we have available as details have not been worked out yet. Any availability of the item will be at an unknown date far in the future. More information reguarding the figure should become available in the following months. At this time no pre-order or waiting list has been arranged.
galaxyfe

Postby thepatient » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:13 am

I've had a very busy week this week, so I haven't had a chance to reply until now. So just to put it out there, that even though I've been whining about this particular issue and why haven't replied lately. It's not because I'm leaving or that I was upset over this discussion. One of my embroidery machines went down and I've been working this week to fix that and learning to do so on the fly. Couple that with the fact that business suddenly skyrocketed (which is great), I've just been working long hours to get all of my commitments met. So you guys are still stuck with me. :|

I want to start off by saying Thank you to the responses about this topic to the staff and Pete.

Pete: I've started a putting aside any change I get at the end of the day and I'm starting a LEGO fund like you suggested. We'll see how it goes. Since my LEGO activity as of late has been just taking apart old sets cleaning all of the piece individually, and then building them again. It's kind of like methadone for building.

Onions: I see you as my "inside" guy on LEGO news. I do appreciate the efforts that you make to that news, despite the fact that you have a other resposibilities including a job and the starting of your new family. That one question about "what do you really know..." was without a doubt was stupid. I'm sure that as time goes by, and your little girl gets to moving around more, it will be increasingly more difficult to set aside time to devote to getting that news. As a parent, I can understand that family is really important. Being out in the sticks I just feel more isolated on subjects like this. I did have a big analogy all planned out with your car theme, but I thought about it and didn't want to come across as like... Glenn Beck.*shudders*

Solo: For the record I wasn't offended by you answer to the "Why promos like this?" Disappointed, yes, but offended... not at all. I didn't mean any disrespect to you, in my wanting of a better outcome to my question. As far as feeling entitled to this White Boba, I don't feel that way either. Well maybe for the community at large, but for me as an individual, I don't feel entitled at all. Look, I've made my peace that there are certain sets that I would really like to have, but can't get because of price at this time. I'm able to make those desisions and choices and live with them. If I wanted to get the brickmaster exclusives (which I would like to get too), I'd already have a subscription. I guess where I draw the line at is those are situations that I have control over. This minifig and the chrome C-3PO are ones that I feel a decision was made for me by LEGO. As much as I like the sets, it's the little plastic characters that are near and dear to me. So it's more of a control issue intead of entitlement (which is probably worse). This discussion would be easier for me if we were sitting around a table and talking to each other directly. I think much faster in my head than I can type. Thanks for the invitation to whine, since this forum is the only place for me to vent, rant or rave about LEGO. I can appreciate that we are both people that speak honestly and frankly about anything. I get the feeling that we are both a little brash about how we state things, but we still mean well. I can respect that and your opinions on subjects dealing with collecting. I'm still on the learning curve when it comes to this hobby and the forums. I singled you out on this subject, but I still have a lot of respect for your posts. I hope that you didn't take anything I wrote personally. Again my frustration is really with LEGO not the staff.

So in closing, I think this particular promo still stinks. This fig would have made a great impulse buy. I would would happily pay 5 to 10 bucks for it. Really, I just wanted to say that I would've liked to at least have a greater chance to get this at a reasonable price. To me it should be about LEGO not a Lottery. Hopefully, the remaining Bobas that we don't know about will be distributed in a way that is better for fans, and not just about creating buzz. So, at least I still have hope.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby sstoroe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:53 am

Do you have any update on this?
sstoroe

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:20 am

There aren't any solid plans for how the figures will be given out yet, but from my understanding they're trying hard to make sure these end up in FOL collections and not Bricklink inventories and eBay listings. I'll let you know if anything official gets updated if Ace doesn't beat me to it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby chris_7086 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

White Boba Fett shows up on panel 2 of page 2 of the kaminoan code mystery, part 2.
Signatures:
-If a user wishes to add an image to the signature, it must be no more wider than 270 pixels and no taller than 80 pixels and can only have two additional lines of text. The image file size must be less than 50kb and it cannot be animated.
chris_7086

Postby Alpha 40 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Maybe the white Boba will be available in this year's "May the Fourth be with You" promotion like last year's minifig poster? http://www.flickr.com/photos/43266097@N03/4514908863/
Alpha 40

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:40 am

chris_7086 wrote:White Boba Fett shows up on panel 2 of page 2 of the kaminoan code mystery, part 2.

What is that?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby sstoroe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 pm

I second that question. I looked all over with Google and I cannot find anything.
sstoroe

Postby Master Fetty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:00 pm

sstoroe wrote:I looked all over with Google and I cannot find anything.

Clearly not very thorough. I did a Google search and the very first link gave me the answer. Just type Kaminoan into the find bar.

Using good, old fasioned detective skills, I can deduce from this web page that The Kaminoan Code Mystery is a a comic in the LEGO CLUB magazine.
Master Fetty

Postby Alpha 40 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Interesting,does this mean they are making a more wide-scale release, or are they just trying to tease us.
chris_7086 thanks for pointing that out. It took me a long time to find my copy though.
Alpha 40

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Can someone please post a picture of it (the white boba i the kaminoan thing)?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby sstoroe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Yahoo!!!! This looks promising. I think that you were correct about the May 3-4th special being the white boba fett. I just received this,

http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/Default.aspx?SW2010

and then someone just put this out on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-LEGO-Whit ... 3eff5a92cc

Yippe.
sstoroe

Postby winbrant » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Well that's more promising than the e-mail I got.

My e-mail from them had below the character window (where the products are in your link) the phrase "Get Stuck on LEGO Star Wars May 3rd and May 4th" The art below showed the SW characters (R2, Luke, C-3PO, Han, Rebel Pilot, and Boba Fett with their weapons beside them) with these orange buffers/halos around them that made them look like stickers.
winbrant

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Given that last year's "May the Fourth" promo was merely a poster (and a folded one at that), it seems unlikely that they will step up all the way to a rare, high-demand, specialty minifigure this year. Those who are anticipating a sticker book (or even just a sticker sheet) are probably more on track. The white Boba Fett may become more widely available in some guise, but I seriously doubt that the May promotion will be it.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby brownie69yov4 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:07 pm

I find it odd that the white boba is the old mold..would have been neat to see it in white, or better yet if they made a molded helmet that resembled early Joe Johnston sketches- none the less, hope the whitey fett is indeed the promo this time

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby bigj22 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:57 am

I am assuming LEGO will release more White Boba Fetts based on all the info in this thread. With that being said, do you think there is a price value between the 2 , " variations in packaging" Meaning the 1 given at the fair was in the clear bag where the other 1 will be sold in a decorative bag. I think the clear packaging version should be more valuable. I realize some people simply open all their packaging and this would mean nothing to them. This is basically for people who keep their items in MISB. Just wondering.
bigj22

Postby galaxyfe » Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 am

Looks like it's going to be a late night. I emailed the seller of the polybag white boba on eBay and he said a friend of his who works at Lego gave it to him. In my first email to Lego about the white boba I was told even employees couldn't get their hands on one (the agent stated he was a huge boba fett fan and had been trying). With Lego being more loose with them now and putting them in an official polybag, I think they are just about ready to come out (tonight I guess). Some people think tonight be will stickers and that a free minifig would be crazy, but think about this. An all white boba fett has to be way cheaper to produce, even in limited quantities, than the chrome stormtrooper. Only two pieces are new, chest and helmet, and even those can't be that hard to make, all white with two graphics. They even might have a surplus of old boba helmets to get rid of now that a new design is coming. Of course all this is speculative and wishful thinking, I want that gorram fig! See you at 12:01am!
galaxyfe

Postby csiquet » Sun May 02, 2010 2:38 pm

12:01 am will be sooner here in Europe... but I guess it will be the same "moment" for everybody
csiquet

Postby dane » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

So this whole time I've kind of been annoyed about White Boba Fett. I felt like it was a really uncreative attempt at making a promo minifig. Chrome C-3PO and Vader made sense and looked cool, then Chrome Stormtrooper, which I thought made no sense at all and now white Boba? But, I just found out that the reason he is white is because it is based off of original concept art at what Boba could have looked like. Was I the only one who didn't know this.
dane

Lego White Boba Fett in Polybag

Postby hassmyster » Fri May 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Does anyone know where people have been obtaining these White Boba Fett's in Polybag? they keep popping up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-White-McQuarrie-Concept-Boba-Fett-RARE-/300425359108?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f2bf2f04
hassmyster

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars