Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Chrome Storm Trooper PolyBag

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Chrome Storm Trooper PolyBag

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 am

I have a magnet version that I bought from a LEGO store. Rather have my cash going to LEGO directly, not through the TRU gouge filter.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Just picked up my freebie and a couple extras for $2.99 at the TRU in Olathe, KS by the Great Mall. She had to open up the fed-ex mailer to give one to the person in front of me so I'm guessing they have plenty in stock.

I think the girl would have sold me every one they had but I didn't really want to be "that guy" Maybe I'll swing by after the freebie promotion is over and pick up whatever they have left, if any.
MisterFubar

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 am

onions wrote:i don't know how you managed to do that since the chrome trooper has to be scanned. sounds fishy to me.

I think the phrase "I live in Portugal" may enlighten your path :p here we just have to show off the receipt, proving that we bought more than 30€ of LEGO on the costumer service balcony and they give us the freebie, then they stamp the receipt. I got lucky because the first time they forgot to put the stamp on mine, so I used it twice XD
Diaaabo

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Congratulations on cheating the system I guess? :|
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Solo wrote:Congratulations on cheating the system I guess? :|

It's not quite stealing if it's their mistake... right? :roll:
MisterFubar

Postby The Brain » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 pm

onions wrote:i don't know how you managed to do that since the chrome trooper has to be scanned. sounds fishy to me.

They didn't do that for my purchase. They didn't have any left at the counter, so the girl just went over to the customer service area, picked up a handful, then tossed two in my bag. No scanning, just bought the bps and left with my chromies.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 pm

MisterFubar wrote:It's not quite stealing if it's their mistake... right? :roll:

A mistake is one thing, but willfully exploiting it is another. Even if it is only worth $3.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Solo wrote:
MisterFubar wrote:It's not quite stealing if it's their mistake... right? :roll:

A mistake is one thing, but willfully exploiting it is another. Even if it is only worth $3.

And bragging about it in a public forum is also another thing
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Well I bought a couple BPs and got a couple storm troopers but now that I see you can simply buy them for $3 a piece I feel awful for spending $12 on battlepacks I don't even care for that much. :|

Oh well I haven't bought new legos in forever.....happy hunting everyone.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Solo wrote:

Yes, it is still stealing. If the cashier accidentally gives you a $10 in change instead of a $1, and you see the mistake but walk out the door anyway, you are stealing $9.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby anakinisvader » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

My wife went to a TRU in Texas and bought 5 Chromie Stormies at $2.99 each and they threw in another one for free. :cool:
anakinisvader

Postby etcknight » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

TRU in Tustin is OUT of the Polybags. The search begins. *sigh*
etcknight

Postby GrayMattR » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I went at noon today during my lunch break and they were already sold out. >:( How could they sell out in 14 hours of business?

For four years the TRU by me has had next to nothing in stock whenever there's a promotion or bogo sale. Which is also the reason I've only made three or four purchases there (small ones at that) in that time frame. :facepalm:
GrayMattR

Postby mrfootball » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 am

Apparently "that guy" hit my local TRU in Houston. No more Chrome Storm Troopers. I'd like to get one. :(
mrfootball

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:25 am

Andi wrote:
Solo wrote:

And bragging about it in a public forum is also another thing

I didn't mean to brag about it; I apologize if I gave that impression. I did exploit the system, and here they aren't worth only $3. It was their mistake by not checking the date of the receipt and by forgetting to put the stamp on, but I don't feel guilty for it.
Diaaabo

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 am

GrayMattR wrote:I went at noon today during my lunch break and they were already sold out. >:( How could they sell out in 14 hours of business?

When there is no limit per customer, they go quick.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Qzak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 am

The local TRU here would not let me by the individual pack, you have to make the required purchase amount to get the promo. :(
Qzak

Postby csiquet » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

DarthMC wrote:You can also order them from TRU online for 2.99 each (Much cheaper than the magnet one). They are in stock as of now.

Of course who knows if this is a mistake or not. They may just cancel the orders.

DarthMC

Darn! Nobody will want to exchange with me now. :'(
csiquet

Postby csiquet » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Diaaabo wrote:I got pretty lucky... first time I got two by showing two receipts, one for the actual buy and an older one. They forgot to put the stamp on it; so yesterday I used it again, this time with a friend of mine :D

You can even give back the sets you bought...the stormies are for free then!
Just a thought.
csiquet

Postby Mos_Eisley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 pm

I know these were showing as available for purchase individually online early Sunday morning but was anyone actually able to buy any this way from the website? I wonder how many were sold before they no longer sold them without a qualifying purchase. I went on the website around 10:30am PST Sunday morning and the Promo was still available with a purchase, but if you tried to add any for $2.99 it said that quantities were limited so I wasn't able to purchase any individually.
Mos_Eisley

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars