Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Chrome Storm Trooper PolyBag

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Chrome Storm Trooper PolyBag

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:21 am

Wow... I'm sure glad I bought two at the $12 price point. :roll:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Morgan19 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:30 am

DarthMC wrote:You can also order them from TRU online for 2.99 each (Much cheaper than the magnet one). They are in stock as of now.

I added one to my cart and it showed up on the first page, then was immediately removed with a "limited quantites" error, tells me the order's been adjusted to show what's available (which is apparently 0), and then doesn't let you add any to the cart at all.

m19
Morgan19

Postby iewoals » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 am

yup looks like they're gone. too bad.
iewoals

Postby hassmyster » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 am

Morgan19 wrote:
DarthMC wrote:You can also order them from TRU online for 2.99 each (Much cheaper than the magnet one). They are in stock as of now.

I added one to my cart and it showed up on the first page, then was immediately removed with a "limited quantites" error, tells me the order's been adjusted to show what's available (which is apparently 0), and then doesn't let you add any to the cart at all.

m19

I am having the same issue, I went ahead and ordered something and they seem to have let me keep the free one.
hassmyster

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:53 am

At $2.99 a pop, I'll bet somebody out there is really trying to stock up their Bricklink store. :facepalm:

edit: the facepalm is for that scalper, not myself.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Dendo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 am

Can anyone verify if this one is better quality than the magnet?
Dendo

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Well, I asked my brother to pick me up one or two of these (he works at a Toys R Us), and when he got there, he found that part of the roof had blown off during the heavy storms last night and the store will be closed the next few days.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm not meant to have one. I was going to compare it to my magnet version. Sorry. :facepalm:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby DarthMC » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Dendo wrote:Can anyone verify if this one is better quality than the magnet?

Went to TRU today for something non-Starwars related. I saw them at the register I asked if you can buy one without any other purchase and they said you could for $2.99 so I picked up one. While I can't tell if the plastic is different, It does have the rectangular indentations on the inside of the arms that the magnet figures had and there is no stripe on the neck. The figure appears to have been chromed with the arms on since if you move them, you see an area of no chrome on the body. Another observation is that the inside of one leg is chromed while the other isn't. It also comes with a short blaster while the magnet had a long one.

Hope this helps

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby condor » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, mine has all that missing chrome too. If I make mine sit, there's chrome missing on the upper part of his behind too as well as the inner part of both legs.
condor

Postby Alpha 40 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Well, I asked my brother to pick me up one or two of these (he works at a Toys R Us), and when he got there, he found that part of the roof had blown off during the heavy storms last night and the store will be closed the next few days.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm not meant to have one. I was going to compare it to my magnet version. Sorry. :facepalm:

Which one? A tree fell down and half of my dad's front yard Is covered with that tree.
I went to the one in Milford and got the very last one> XD
Alpha 40

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 pm

It's the Toys R Us over in Nowalk. Maybe they'll do the promotion in a few days when they open up, but the flooding apparently stretched from the R-Zone to the Lego section. :'(
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Guess I'm going to be at TRU tomorrow! :lol:
etcknight

Postby meeotch » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 pm

GIR3691 wrote:It's the Toys R Us over in Nowalk. Maybe they'll do the promotion in a few days when they open up, but the flooding apparently stretched from the R-Zone to the Lego section. :'(

I wouldn't be all sad faces. Maybe there's a chance you could score some water-damaged boxes of LEGO on the cheap?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby The Brain » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Got two today--bought a clone walker bp and a snowtrooper bp, but I had to make separate purchases in order to get both of them. I haven't opened anything yet, so I can't tell about the quality of the figures. I assume if everyone else had found them with inferior quality, mine will be too. :|
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby solo606 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

The Brain wrote:Got two today--bought a clone walker bp and a snowtrooper bp, but I had to make separate purchases in order to get both of them. I haven't opened anything yet, so I can't tell about the quality of the figures. I assume if everyone else had found them with inferior quality, mine will be too. :|

ha, this was same exact purchase also. I picked up 2 with a Clone Walker and snowtrooper battle pack, and had to make two seperate purchases.
solo606

Postby fredjh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 am

Idiot manager wouldn't let me get two, even though I was with my wife and would have made separate purchases. I understand his position, but it's not like I was trying to get 10 or 20, just two. He goes "one per person."

So I asked if now my wife and I were one person. So he thought for a minute and says "One per family."

So I said "So what you're saying is I should have been deceptive from the get-go and we should have come in separately and made separate purchases?"

So he says "one per family" and walks away.

So I put all the LEGO back except one battle pack (I was buying four, and only wanted two Stormtroopers). I was still buying like $200 worth of stuff. Now I regret buying anything there at all.
fredjh

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:21 am

I got pretty lucky... first time I got two by showing two receipts, one for the actual buy and an older one. They forgot to put the stamp on it; so yesterday I used it again, this time with a friend of mine :D
Diaaabo

Postby onions » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 am

i don't know how you managed to do that since the chrome trooper has to be scanned. sounds fishy to me.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 am

From the description it sounds like there is no difference between the Polybag and the Magnet version.
So I stick to my magnet, which has also the sentimental value, that it was bought last year at the Star Wars Event in Legoland CA.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby sstoroe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 am

Just went to Toys R US in Aurora IL (Fox Valley Shopping Mall) and they still have some left. I picked on up.
sstoroe

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars