Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Hoth Wampa Cave, Clone Turbo Tank Hi-Res Images

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Hoth Wampa Cave, Clone Turbo Tank Hi-Res Images

Postby Staff » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Wired.com published a few moments ago some hi-res images of two LEGO Star Wars set, 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave and 8098 Clone Turbo Tank. Hit the images below to see the full sized images, link below for the flickr page:

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/09/hoth-wampa-cave-clone-turbo-tank-hi-res-images/
Staff

Re: Hoth Wampa Cave, Clone Turbo Tank Hi-Res Images

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Lame :(
Firespray

Postby kelano28 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:23 pm

As someone who missed out on the first CTT this looks plenty good to me.. minus the wheels

Unfortunately its yet another reason for me to drop the money on the Dropship/AT-OT (they really wanted us to see that handle)
kelano28

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm not very impressed with the CTT, just doesn't look like a very inspiring design. Almost looks like it belongs in the 1980 Space collection. I do see 2 very good reasons to get it though, and they aren't another Anakin and Ahsoka minifig.

I did say the same thing about the Dropship/ATOT until I put it together and played with it a little. Pictures just don't do it justice so maybe there is hope for the Tank.
MisterFubar

Postby KarolRabalski » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah maybe it's just the angle the camera is at...the wheels on the CTT look kinda odd. Like really open and unsupported and stuff? I don't know how to say it.

While I'm happy about the hoth set because I never got a chance for a snow speeder...why must they make the wampa look like a happy meal toy??
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby banthafodder » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Anyone else notice the nose sticker on the snow speeder is peeling off. Yea stickers :|
banthafodder

Postby CitySlicker2009 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Common TLG are printed bricks really that hard to make, i for one may get these sets just for the mini figures, I still play with all my star wars Lego and i find stickers just fall of to easily, but i guess one could apply a clear sealant to keep them on.

The 2 sets look great though , better then the others iv seen.
CitySlicker2009

Postby Draykov » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:03 am

banthafodder wrote:Anyone else notice the nose sticker on the snow speeder is peeling off. Yea stickers :|

Lame. Fortunately, there are alternatives. I'm honestly a little surprised they'd go the other direction with a piece that's already been printed before. One would think even with the cost cutting nature of stickers, the use of an established screen printing run (a fairly recent one at that) would be just as cost effective if not more so, not to mention preferable to consumers. I mean at least the one in 7666 was a different pattern.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby CitySlicker2009 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 am

Yup looks like the days of printed elements may soon be gone, dose anybody notice how unstable the axles on the CTT look?
CitySlicker2009

Postby Brickweiser » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 am

Apparently the Wampa Cave is going to run for $40 USD / (if history has any precedence) $50 CDN. Not bad actually. I expected 60-70 CDN ...
Brickweiser

Postby Diaaabo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

I actually like both sets; although the snowspeeder seems just a reason to get the price higher. I don't like the new AT-RT very much, but I'll wait to have one on my hands to compare.
Diaaabo

Postby fredjh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Well... I was interested in the Wampa Cave (mostly for the snow speeder, because I don't have one), but $40 is a rip.

It looks more cost effective to go through my stock and buy any pieces I don't have, just build it from scratch. The only thing I won't have is to Wampa, as far as I can tell, and really, to me it just looks like a LEGO Abominable Snow Monster from that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer show.

fredjh

Postby yankeeken » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

With recent pricing trends in mind, $40 for the Wampa Cave isn't that bad. I fully expected it to be $50. Previous incarnations of the Snowspeeder cost $20, so in theory the Wampa and it's cave only cost $20. Which isn't half bad, considering the fact that the Tauntaun set is $25.
yankeeken

Postby Brickweiser » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:51 am

yankeeken wrote:With recent pricing trends in mind, $40 for the Wampa Cave isn't that bad. I fully expected it to be $50. Previous incarnations of the Snowspeeder cost $20, so in theory the Wampa and it's cave only cost $20. Which isn't half bad, considering the fact that the Tauntaun set is $25.

That's what i figured, as well. I'm justing wondering now how much the new Slave I and At-At will cost me.
Brickweiser

Postby liquidcross » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 am

I'll need that cave, so I can finally get a snowspeeder for my collection. Just might have to paint the wampa blue, though... ;)
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 am

liquidcross wrote:I'll need that cave, so I can finally get a snowspeeder for my collection. Just might have to paint the wampa blue, though... ;)

I'd love to see a Snowmonster's Ball MOC.
MisterFubar

Postby fredjh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

yankeeken wrote:With recent pricing trends in mind, $40 for the Wampa Cave isn't that bad.

In the context of recent prices, you may be right. But in the general context of what's in my wallet, like the Tie Defender, it's a rip.

Edit: I didn't know a Wampa on Hoth could get a cooked Turkey leg. They're not going to really include that, are they?
fredjh

Postby Brickweiser » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

fredjh wrote:
yankeeken wrote:With recent pricing trends in mind, $40 for the Wampa Cave isn't that bad.

In the context of recent prices, you may be right. But in the general context of what's in my wallet, like the Tie Defender, it's a rip.

Edit: I didn't know a Wampa on Hoth could get a cooked Turkey leg. They're not going to really include that, are they?

I think it's a joke, just like how Home One comes with a coffee mug for Ackbar. Does it really affect the set if they add a chicken leg?
Brickweiser

Postby buhs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

fredjh wrote:To me it just looks like a LEGO Abominable Snow Monster from that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer show.

[image removed]

RRRRAAAWWWW... I'm from the island of misfit toys... give me my chicken leg!!!! ROTFL... you made my day :D
buhs

Postby yankeeken » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

fredjh wrote:In the context of recent prices, you may be right. But in the general context of what's in my wallet, like the Tie Defender, it's a rip.

First of all, although not ideal, the Wampa Cave is far better priced than the Tie Defender. Wampa Cave is $40 for 297 pieces while Tie Defender is a whole $10 more for only 7 more pieces. I get what your saying, though.

Secondly, why all the hate over the Tauntaun leg?
yankeeken

Next

Return to Star Wars