Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS Millenium Falcon vs / combined with Hasbro's new MF??

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

UCS Millenium Falcon vs / combined with Hasbro's new MF??

Postby etcknight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi all,

(Posted this awhile back on the old forums page. But, since those are archived now, and since I still haven't gotten a reply, thought I'd post again here - and see if someone can help out.)

Does someone who's a bigger Lego and SW fan than me, have both the Lego UCS MF, and the new Hasbro MF? I was wondering what the comparison in scale is? I'm considering buying the new Hasbro MF, and cannibalizing the electronics, lights, and sounds, and installing them into the Lego UCS. Most importantly, I'm interested in the engine lights / plastic and whether they will fit in scale with the Lego version. If anyone can help out with side-by-side comparison pics, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!!
etcknight

Re: UCS Millenium Falcon vs / combined with Hasbro's new MF??

Postby chawan_cut » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 pm

i never thought about what you suggested. the sounds sound cool. i ended up mod'ng the original UCS MF with just a LED light string and a few replacement pieces on that engine segment. I replaced a few of the gray 2x3 plates that the trans blue 1x2s are attached to with trans clear plates so that the led lights would shine through.
not sure how much the hasbro MF is, but the light string cost $20 and the trans plates another $20 or so.

pics here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286542
chawan_cut

Postby Super33 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:27 pm

chawan_cut wrote:I replaced a few of the gray 2x3 plates that the trans blue 1x2s are attached to with trans clear plates so that the led lights would shine through.

Where did you get the clear 2x3 plates? The only place I could find them is in the UK (Slim Chance) and I'm in the US.
Super33

Postby chawan_cut » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Super33 wrote:Where did you get the clear 2x3 plates? The only place I could find them is in the UK (Slim Chance) and I'm in the US.

i must've got lucky and found a usa dealer.
you can also mix things up and try to use 1x3 plates. i did a search on bricklink and found a few.
their search is a little confusing, so i had to search like this:
in the text box at the top "Search Items for Sale" i typed: trans-clear
then in the "Search Within results", i typed: 1 x 3 plate

hope that helps!
chawan_cut

Postby etcknight » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:02 pm

chawan_cut wrote:i never thought about what you suggested. the sounds sound cool. i ended up mod'ng the original UCS MF with just a LED light string and a few replacement pieces on that engine segment. I replaced a few of the gray 2x3 plates that the trans blue 1x2s are attached to with trans clear plates so that the led lights would shine through.
not sure how much the hasbro MF is, but the light string cost $20 and the trans plates another $20 or so.

pics here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286542

Wow, that's actually pretty cool! I thought about combining the Hasbro version because I wanted the "lights & sounds", and not just the lights. But, it may end up being more money than I realistically want to spend right now.

In any case, anyone got comparison pics?? Thanks! :D
etcknight

Return to Star Wars