Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker - S@H Exclusive!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker - S@H Exclusive!

Postby meeotch » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

A couple of things on the poll on the front page:

I've been able to vote in it a couple times (that probably wasn't the intention) when revisiting aver the past couple days.

Where's the options for "Yes, but it's not worth the price," and "Yes, but I can't afford it." ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby onions » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, the poll software seems a bit buggy. not sure what the deal is.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Master Fetty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Blackninjatom wrote:Ithink it is interesting how rayman's Beautiful decal is now an official gunship sticker. :D

Not really that amazing, considering Rayman adapted the design from a still from the film.
Master Fetty

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm

OH MY GOD! Next to the Death Star lego set, that is the ultimate product ever!!!! :D
Darthboba281

Postby Cali » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:51 pm

I will get this, it's just a matter of waiting for it to go on sale. And calling in some old debts. ;)
Cali

Postby Psx0005 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:47 am

Nice, but way too expensive. And with the economic times being what they are right now in the U.S., this is sadly so not bought :(
Psx0005

Postby Mr. Ty » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 pm

WOW! This set looks awesome and it's something I always wanted, too bad the price is so high. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a way to get it :D
Mr. Ty

Postby gr6120 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 pm

This really does look like a great set (love that dropship) ... but coming out at almost CDN$400 (when factoring in the tax) will place it out of reach for many people.
gr6120

Postby CommanoSev » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Sure its a great set but I would rather see the Dropship sold seperately( :D I absolutely love it)

The AT-OT on the other hand, I thought the 4 legs on the AT-TE were a drag(sooo repetetive) but can you imagine sitting through 8 nearly identical legs on the AT-OT!!!

Dropship on its own would be a dream, but at the $250 price tag I might leave this one for you guys :)
CommanoSev

Postby soup64 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Let's look at recent rends in expensive sets though:

The Sandcrawler- $140 msrp, dropped down to $100 a few months ago
The USC sets- $90-$300, dropped down to $45-$200
Clone Wars sets- went on sale for 10% off soon after release

I'm hoping this set's price will drop, even if it takes awhile. I would love to have just the drop ship. I love the AT-TE and gunship combo. Beautiful. The AT-OT is a nice walker, but the AT-TE is definitely more versatile.
soup64

Postby ethan5ver » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 am

i don't like much of the stuff from episodes 1-3 with the exeption of the mtt and episodes 2-3 clone battle packs. i like the 4-6 machines. that is why i am not going to get it plus the price is pretty high for me.
ethan5ver

Postby BCspeed34 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 am

Looks like I need to sell some more sets. Between this and the Death Star playset I don't know what to get! :shock:
BCspeed34

Postby kelano28 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 pm

BCspeed34 wrote:Looks like I need to sell some more sets. Between this and the Death Star playset I don't know what to get! :shock:

Depends on what you're after I guess... all I know is Star Wars fans will absolutely LOVE the reenactment possibilities of the Death Star, but this is more for those who like to stage battles...

And i feel the Death Star is a much better value but that's just my opinion ;)
kelano28

Postby The Brain » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Am I the only person who actually felt depressed when they saw this set? ;)

I was looking at the front page a while back and saw the link to the images for an AT-OT and LAAT/C. I had to stifle a gurgle of delight. I looked at the images and adored them; the functions, the design, the awesome figs (2 clone pilots, FTW!), but then I saw the price tag: $250. Now, if I was 9 or 10, I would have stayed excited and begged my Lego-loving grandparents to save birthday and Christmas presents to make a combined gift of this--but now at my age, not only would that not be feasible, but because of the economy (and the fact that my parents are always like, "You don't have room, you're going to save your money for college or other interests you'll develop later...") there's no way I'm ever going to be able to obtain this set. It would truly be a Lego dream come true if I could, along with the AT-TE for extended adventures.

If I had a third arm, I would sell it to get this set. But I don't, so I'm sad...
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby thepatient » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 pm

You could always stand on a corner with a little sign- "Will work for LEGO."
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby The Brain » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 pm

thepatient wrote:You could always stand on a corner with a little sign- "Will work for LEGO."

:lol: First time I read the post it seemed like "I'll work for TLG, if you want me to." :lol:

Same problem though; I'd have the cash to spend then, but that would just go from my eager hands into my college fund.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:53 pm

According to shop@home, the AT-OT will be available on March 10 instead of March 30. On the website, it states, "Coming soon on 10 Mar 2009." So, I guess TLG shaved 20 days off the release date...not that suprsising in my opinion considering the hype about the set.

10195 Republic Dropship w/ AT-OT
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby b4p » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:27 pm

i think i'd rather have it as a much smaller set. it's so huge i wouldnt know what to do with it, plus $250. anyway, i'm gonna pass on this one
b4p

Postby a red shirt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

This is surely a good set. I think it is generally agreed this is not a BAD set at least. I, personally, like the set very much, although I am slightly disappointed with the AT-OT (the holes in the front don't help). The way the dropship actually works is superb.

The price is not superb. Obviously, LEGO's US vs. the rest of the world currency conversion rates frustrate me to no end. The price is way too much. Even the US price is over considering the price of the other clone wars sets, which were also very much overpriced in the first place (7676 and 7675 RGS and AT-TE are still $40 US less combined than 10195). But I am not too worried. LEGO likely thought this set would sell just like 10188. Well, when 10188 first came up for pre-order, orders flooded in (even after the shameless pricing error and commotion that ensued) and it made it to the top 25 sellers list in many countries (yes, I checked more than one), and stayed there for a good period of time. 10188 has gradually fallen off the top sellers list over the past months. This set, 10195, is not, has never been, nor likely will be on, the Top 25 Sellers list. Somebody at LEGO has got to realize some time that the company seriously botched the pricing of this set, and reduce the price (like General Grievous, or the UCS AT-ST). Eventually. I hope.

Anyway, I don't want to strum up the old price complain discussion again, so I'll finish by saying that LEGO is, at least, getting some good sets into production.

Red Shirt
a red shirt

Previous

Return to Star Wars