Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker - S@H Exclusive!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Republic Dropship with AT-OT

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:17 am

HO. LY. CRAP! WANT! :shock:

I know it's $250, but still, it's so gorram cool! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Screw the mid-scale Falcon - put your cash towards this!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby OOM-9 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:27 am

Good lord that thing is huge! :O Too many good sets, so little money... :(
OOM-9

Postby Voice of Reason » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 am

It does look like a cool set, but to be honest it is not something I'd pay full price for. I'm pretty happy with my current gunships and walkers. Maybe when this hits a clearance price on s@h after a year or two I'll consider it.

Now the OT sets have me very excited. Finally an Admiral Ackbar! Sets with new OT minifigs are the way to go, LEGO!
Voice of Reason

Postby harrison » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:01 am

A very nice set bt its not UCS, i presume its too early in the year for UCS pics??
harrison

Postby Masta' Bo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:03 am

I think that it is really neat, the colors are nice and all...but seriously, look at all the stickers.

My one comment: I'd have to agree with Green Brick Giant: It looks awesome, but not $250 awesome. So, I have mixed feelings about this set.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby LFN » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:19 am

Now if only the price was lower than the $250 msrp (Canada gets screwed, though not as much as europe), I suppose I could take the cake, AND eat it.
Akuma No Z
LFN

Postby RogueJedi007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:23 am

That is pretty sweet, but $350 here in Canada? Give your head a shake Lego, why do you continue to screw over Lego fans outside of the US. I'll wait till it goes on sale, maybe.
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby djmangunz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:37 am

I love that thing so much, I want to take it behind the bleachers and get it pregnant. Here's hoping they put that thing on sale. It's the things dreams are made of. :shock:
sleeves optional
djmangunz

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 am

I was shocked when I saw this, I heard no rumors about this set. Very cool looking, if I have the room i wouldn't mind picking it up.
DestructiveDelirium

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:52 am

This set looks amazing! Lego has clearly brought their "A" game in 2009. The only thing that concerns me is how the Dropship and Walker stay together in "display" mode. Unless I missed a pic, all the photos where the LAAT/c is attached to the walker are when the handle is being held. I wonder if that locking mechanism can support and balance the dropship when its acting as a sweet display piece. I'm thinking not.
UOldPirate

Postby AdmiralGrievous » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:31 pm

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker

-Includes 2 Clone Pilots and 6 Clone Trooper Minifigures
- Foldaway handle on top
- Automatically locks onto AT-OT and has quick release switch for drop and go action
- Dropship is over 18" long and wingspan over 21"
- Includes alternate stickers
- AT-OT walker seats 16 figures
- AT-OT Walker is over 16" long and 5" wide
- Dropship also combines with 7675 AT-TE Walker

LEGO Shop@Home exclusive. Available March 3
1,758 pcs
$249.99 USD/$349.99 CAD

So the gunship is compatible with the 7675 AT-TE !!! :shock: :O :D XD
AdmiralGrievous's LEGO STAR WARS web site
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/15554
"Who am I? I am the future!" - General Grievous
"Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit!"-Seneca
AdmiralGrievous

Postby lordvader208 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Masta' Bo wrote:I think that it is really neat, the colors are nice and all...but seriously, look at all the stickers.

My one comment: I'd have to agree with Green Brick Giant: It looks awesome, but not $250 awesome. So, I have mixed feelings about this set.

True, this shouldn't even cost $250. In fact, it shouldnt even cost $200 because as far as I can see, there's no new molds. All the other sets have new molds except this one. And this one is the most ridiculously overpriced. Anyways, I'm not going to get this. I'd rather get the $120 RGS and the $90 AT-TE and save $40 and have almost the same thing, maybe even more.
lordvader208

Postby NerdFighter » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 pm

The first thing I thought was "That is amazing", but after further review I'm not so sure. The laat-c still looks awesome. I love the color scheme and almost everything else about it. On the other hand, the AT-OT is starting to look poorly designed. While the movie walker looks strong, this one looks almost flimsy. I see numerous holes in the design. The legs do not seem to be able to stand perpendicular to the ground as they do in the movie. The thing that annoys me the most, however, is that the troop area is not fully enclosed. Probably nothing that some modding couldn't fix, but for 250 dollars I want a close to perfect set.

I honestly think I would rather have an RGS and an AT-TE for forty dollars less than having this. I'll think about it if it ever goes on sale, but I don't think it will, since there are many people who will like this.
Last edited by NerdFighter on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NerdFighter

Postby onions » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:58 pm

AT-OT is not flimsy. Legs are floppy when held up but that's by design, they are poseable and will settle into a stance and create a sturdy base when put down on a surface.

You've seen/owned/played with AT-AT, and that was supposed to be a troop transport of sorts, but at most you were able to fit 4 or 5 figures. And that was because the structural design of the set did not include a lot of interior space. This thing will hold 16 figures AND is built well.

The only thing is that the hook mechanism is a little tempermental; it didn't always catch the right hook at the first pass, so you'd have to reset it and try again. That's really the only complaint. Okay, so is price, but honestly, it's a great set. It's amazing that they were able to pull this off.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby NerdFighter » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:07 pm

onions wrote:AT-OT is not flimsy. Legs are floppy when held up but that's by design, they are poseable and will settle into a stance and create a sturdy base when put down on a surface.

You've seen/owned/played with AT-AT, and that was supposed to be a troop transport of sorts, but at most you were able to fit 4 or 5 figures. And that was because the structural design of the set did not include a lot of interior space. This thing will hold 16 figures AND is built well.

The only thing is that the hook mechanism is a little tempermental; it didn't always catch the right hook at the first pass, so you'd have to reset it and try again. That's really the only complaint. Okay, so is price, but honestly, it's a great set. It's amazing that they were able to pull this off.

Thanks for this information. I'm glad to hear that the design is more structurally sound than it looked to me in the pictures. If you don't mind me asking, how well does the function where the walker's head flips up work? Thanks for spending all day uploading these pictures, by the way.
NerdFighter

Postby onions » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

NerdFighter wrote:Thanks for this information. I'm glad to hear that the design is more structurally sound than it looked to me in the pictures. If you don't mind me asking, how well does the function where the walker's head flips up work? Thanks for spending all day uploading these pictures, by the way.

there's no automatic function for this. you have to manually flip the cockpit up and move this other piece in order to prep it for dropship transport
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 pm

onions wrote:AT-OT is not flimsy. Legs are floppy when held up but that's by design, they are poseable and will settle into a stance and create a sturdy base when put down on a surface.

Well, that helps a lot...thanks. Do you think you could give your impressions from seeing this set if you have time? I know a lot of us here are incredibly interested in the AT-OT, and I know we would all love some info from someone who has actually seen the set. If you don't have time, that's ok.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Bulls_Eye » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm

- Dropship also combines with 7675 AT-TE Walker

I guess this confirms what that weird handle thing was on that set.
Bulls_Eye

Re: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker - S@H Exclusive!

Postby thepatient » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Man, its awesome. It works with the AT-TE too. This is genius on the part of LEGO. I'm ready to cheat on my wife with this thing, I love it. Of course as I'm thinking this, my wallet bites me on the butt. :|

Great pictures Onions, I'll be making your photo streams a part of my favorites.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Re: 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker - S@H Exclusive!

Postby bigospedros » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 am

Sure, it looks great, but I fear about the price .... I'll wait to see the UK price before making any decisions. My other issue would be where to put the gorram thing. It's looks pretty massive!
bigospedros
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars