Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Clone Wars: Episode 18

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Clone Wars: Episode 18

Postby Firespray » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:57 am

Jettbacca wrote:what's iego? or is that lego?

It's Iego.
Firespray

Postby batsamd » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:16 am

I like the Blue Shadow Virus episode better than the Mystery of 1000 Moons episode.

One question I had about the Mystery episode is why the Separatists left so many droids on that planet then put the energy grid around it to keep everyone on the planet? Were they afraid the drunks on the planet would cause hit-n-runs all over the galaxy?

Also, why did the energy field only come on when a ship tried to leave the planet and not when a ship tried to reach the planet?

Anyway, I really like the series more than the movie and look forward to it every week (to bad there isn't a new episode this week).
batsamd

Postby Zekk » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Firespray wrote:Yes but that's the only episode he's returned to do the voice so far. The other episodes with Jar Jar all had another voice actor.

Really? There's been more episodes with Jar Jar? Well I wouldn't know anyway, since I'm really far behind... :( Was he just as annoying in the rest? Because I turned off the first Jar Jar episode...
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

What is Iego anyway? I missed the episode
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Firespray » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Jettbacca wrote:What is Iego anyway? I missed the episode

Firespray wrote:
Jettbacca wrote:what's iego? or is that lego?

It's Iego.
Firespray

Postby Raequan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:42 pm

I liked it, but they could've at least let us dream by infecting Jar Jar.
BTW: Ahsoka dying discussion might be better at this topic: http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=411
Raequan

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Hey Firespray and Jettbacca, it's iego, not lego :roll:. But, lego is also a planet in the Star Wars galaxy.
Darthboba281

Postby OOM-9 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:49 pm

They did spell it iego but the upercase "I" makes it look like lego.
OOM-9

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:57 pm

I in the original post wrote:Also, the planet of Iego (that's an i, not an l ;) ) was pretty cool with the Separatists trapping it's citizens after they vacated the planet.

There...settled. I thought when I originally posted the topic that the spelling on the forums might mess people up, so I and others spelled it lower-case, or rather just said it's an i, to avoid any confusion.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Blacknight » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 pm

WIN for me on both episodes. I found the pacing, voice acting and dialogue in both, but especially Blue Shadow Virus, to be among the best so far. The mad scientist and plague bit has been done to death in cartoons but it provided an excuse for a real sense of urgency and consequence to the success or failure of the main characters, and also a reason to journey to another mysterious planet in search of a magical item. Until now there hadn't been enough of this sort of "questing" storyline in this series which is integral to the mythological journey of the hero that is so central to Star Wars or an RPG game (think back to high school english class).

Neither Jar-Jar or Ahsoka were annoying at all for me this time around. JarJar seemed quite subdued and was it just me or did his face look different somehow than previous episodes? He almost looked cool with that suit on. Almost. Likewise I found myself caring more about Ahsoka being sick than Padme. Was that wrong?

With Padme and Jar-Jar getting shocked in Blue Shadow Virus, that makes four characters now who have been tortured with electricity in this series - methinks the writers have a particular fetish - or else the animators enjoy taking out their revenge on the characters that consume every day of their work week. They're not allowed to kill these characters - but a little zap never left a permanent mark right? :p

Here's an updated list showing my personal ratings of all the episodes so far, ranked from my most favourite to least favourite:

The Good (best episodes)
1) Rising Malevolence (10/10) - a masterpiece
2) Shadow of Malevolence (9/10) - spectacular fighter sequences – felt like ANH
3) Rookies (9/10) - terrific story and music
4) Trespass (9/10) – Muftak’s species, snow clones and colonialism themes = win
5) Duel of the Droids (8/10) – wicked R2 battle and ending
6) Jedi Crash (8/10) – epic opening sky battle and good ethical discussions
7) Blue Shadow Virus (8/10) – excellent pacing, voice acting and animation but -1 for JarJar
8) Downfall of a Droid (7/10) - space battle and assassin droids were good
9) Mystery of a Thousand Moons (7/10) – more of #7 with an interesting quest subplot
10) Defenders of Peace (7/10) – more good lightsabre battles and ethical discussions
11) Ambush (7/10) – Watto’s species and Yoda cave talk were neat - but had a childish feeling

The Bad ('meh' episodes)
12) Destroy Malevolence (6/10) - kind of weak ending to Malevolence, didn't care for Padme
13) Lair of Grievous - (6/10) – final fight with Kit Fisto was cool, rest lacked soul
14) The Hidden Enemy (6/10) – boring listening to clones talk to each other, plain graphics

The Ugly (poor episodes)
15) Movie (5/10) - barf! - but with a few good battle scenes
16) Cloak of Darkness (4/10) – Luminara and traitor were sorta neat, but highly contrived story
17) Bombad Jedi (3/10) – JarJar is the star…. ‘nuff said.
18) Dooku Captured (2/10) – So boring, worse than watching paint dry….
19) The Gungan General (1/10) – Stupid, annoying, pointless and full of plot holes. Plus JarJar.
Blacknight

Postby Marf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 am

i agree with Blacknight. I didnt know that the aliens from ambush were Watto's species it makes sense know stupid me :p
Nice description for each episode I hate how they use Jar Jar as a main character ugh.
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby harrison » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 am

Zekk wrote:Does anyone know where I can find old episodes, because the Cartoon Network site and StarWars.com only have the latest 3 or 4 and I've missed since "Lair of Grievous". Thanks!

Yep

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search= ... +s01&cat=0
harrison

Previous

Return to Star Wars