Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Clone Wars: Episode 18

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Clone Wars: Episode 18

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:34 pm

So, what were your inpressions from this week's one hour special episode? In my opinion, Star Wars The Clone Wars Epsiode 18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons was much better than I expected from the previews. If you haven't seen it, basically, the fatal Blue Shadow Virus menace is still at large, infecting Ahsoka, Padmé, and many clone troopers -- and giving Anakin and Obi-Wan just 48 hours to find the antidote on a mysterious planet from which no visitor has returned. The whole idea of Naboo or numbers of other planets across the galaxy being infected by the disease was pretty cool in my opinion, and pretty original for Star Wars. Sure the episode's only major action took place inside the Separatist hidden base on Naboo, but that wasn't really a huge dissapointment to me. Also, the planet of Iego (that's an i, not an l ;) ) was pretty cool with the Separatists trapping it's citizens after they vacated the planet. So, I enjoyed the episode overall, what were your thoughts...WIN, FAIL, or OK.

Episode 18 Summary
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 pm

FAIL

I can't believe they teased their viewers by nearly killing Ahsoka.
Jay

Re: [Clone Wars] Episode 18

Postby yankeeken » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 pm

The fact that she didn't die, just ruined my week. >:( Oh, well hopefully she will die next week.

As, for the rating, I'd have to say FAIL. How course I may be a bit biased, as I haven't like any of the new Clone Wars episodes or even the Clone wars movie.
yankeeken

Re: [Clone Wars] Episode 18

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:52 pm

yankeeken wrote:The fact that she didn't die, just ruined my week. >:( Oh, well hopefully she will die next week.

:lol: Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing that. She and JarJar have bad habits of making episodes suck...but not this week's IMO like I already said. However, I somehow have the feeling she will die much later in the series.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Re: Clone Wars: Episode 18

Postby JPCJedi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:18 pm

WIN

I saw both episodes of the two-part on iTunes today, and in my opinion this TV show is better than the movies. Period. They are short, sweet, action packed or filled with drama, or both. They have the one thing the movies can never have--smaller scale. They can be about minor incidents here and there in the galaxy, and they can show the Jedi in their non-war role.

This episode stands strongly as a fun cartoon and a worthy Star Wars action adventure. Sure, it is a cliche; the killer virus that almost kills everything has been done umpteen times a year on television. But that doesn't make it bad.

Maybe the best part was seeing Anakin lose his temper for once. This show has been so Anakin-as-a-good-guy that we forget about him. Anakin is still a man who slaughtered the band of sand people that had caught his mother. We finally saw a little fire in him this week.

And finally, I bet Ahsoka lives through the series. She's not half as bad as Jar Jar, and he lived. And besides, it will be dramatic to see her get shot by clones.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Postby starwarsman222 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 pm

I agree with JPCjedi
starwarsman222

Postby Commando80-0 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:43 pm

All I have to say is:

I wish Ahsoka died, Rex is a funny one, the snooty little kid on that planet annoyed me(18 year old voice actor + six year old kid = FAIL), and the clone bomb squad is DA bomb.
Commando80-0

Postby ILikePi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:33 pm

It doesn't really make sense how they got everyone out of the laboratory without exposing the Blue Shadow Virus to the world...
ILikePi

Postby JPCJedi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:49 pm

ILikePi wrote:It doesn't really make sense how they got everyone out of the laboratory without exposing the Blue Shadow Virus to the world...
Yes, that was a flaw in the story which we can attribute to cutting for time or just carelessness. We can assume that the Naboo synthesized an airborne antidote and cleansed the underground base.
Bricklink|Flickr
When the Lord spits in your face, he’s trying to cure you of something.--John 9:1-41
JPCJedi

Postby Firespray » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Ok, Death Star knockoff, WTF?! >:(
Firespray

Postby Zekk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 am

Does anyone know where I can find old episodes, because the Cartoon Network site and StarWars.com only have the latest 3 or 4 and I've missed since "Lair of Grievous". Thanks!
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby JPCJedi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 am

Firespray wrote:Ok, Death Star knockoff, WTF?! >:(
Remember the scene in Episode II where Dooku has plans for the Death Star? It's the Separatists! They used iego as a testing ground for Death Star technology. (Palpatine is, of course, playing both sides of that coin.)
Bricklink|Flickr
JPCJedi

Postby Master Fetty » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm

For an episode that had Jar Jar in it, it was surprisingly good. It was nice to have an episode that didn't have a scene with the villain having a conversation with Count Dooku, followed by a scene with Anakin realising Count Dooku was behind it.

I think JPCJedi has a point. I like this series, although it can be a bit annoying and in an un-Star Wars style at points - it does allow us to have more intimate, smaller events. Unfortunitely, for me, that is not what the Clone Wars should be about. Its fun and all, but a lot of what we've seen (taking away Ambush, Malevolance, Rookies, the Lurmen pair, Hidden Enemy and parts of last nights) could easily have fit in between TPM and AOTC. And in some of cases, that would have been benificial.

I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but it just creates a different view of the war to what I had after seeing ROTS. The series is something I will buy on DVD and watch again and again - its a fun watch and is new Star Wars. And when you've got a series that at points is on par with some parts of the films, you've got a winner.
Master Fetty

Postby enigmabadger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 pm

While this series isn't quite up the raw power of the Clone Wars microseries that aired between AOTC and ROTS, I've been enjoying it. The "lesson of the week" vibe does tend to grate now and again, but I give the series credit for including a good deal of harder action. That, and some of the previously described smaller moments do work quite well, better than many of the dramatic moments of the films!

I often wonder if the entire tone and aesthetic of prequel SW is better suited towards animation than live action. SW was never Shakespeare, but the character design, dialogue, and vehicles/ships all seems to just work so much better as animated caricature.

I sleep at night better knowing Ahsoka won't make it past the Jedi Purge. Pure key-demographic bait that doesn't have any crossover appeal to older views. I can only hope the force wills Anakin to finally relieve her neck of the burden of carrying her head around sooner than later.

Master Fetty wrote:And when you've got a series that at points is on par with some parts of the films, you've got a winner.

I'm not sure if that's a backhanded compliment when it comes to the prequels! ;)
I'm laughing at the superior intellect
*Official Spokesman of BrickArms*
Flickr
enigmabadger

Postby Zepher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Okay, while I did not see the episode, Ashoka is being discussed, as is her death.

She will die in the showm, for a number of reasons. The first that it will make no sense for her to be alive during the whole of third movie. Just doesn't.

The second is that will be what can push Anikan over the edge. so far he has been goodie goodie, and this will make him more like the angry man we saw in the third movie.

finally,m if she is killed by Dokuu, that will give little Ani more of a cuase to give in to his anger in the third movie and chop his head off. (See top of page for more detail on that scene.)

Just my two cents

-Zeph
Zepher

Postby LFN » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 pm

I think the pair of episodes was somewhat cliche'd, what with the killer virus, insane scientist, and such. The whole "lets gas Naboo" sort of epidemic actually reminded me of a storyline in the Star Wars: Republic comic series from a couple years back, revolving around more or less the same concept, except the gassed area was a gungan moon i think, and the perpetrators included Ventress and Durge (is he even going to appear in this animated series?).
Akuma No Z
LFN

Postby harvey_manbird » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 am

I thought the episodes themselves were good but for a 1hr special it was just okay. I was surprised that Ahsoka didn't die though, I'm curious as to when they're going to get rid of her.

And is it me or is the voice actor for Jar Jar just horrible? It's not the same voice actor from the movies right? I never thought I would miss the regular Jar Jar but if you're going to put him in the show, at least do it right.
DECK OFFICER: Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker.
HAN: Then I'll see you in hell!
harvey_manbird

Postby Zekk » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Yes but that's the only episode he's returned to do the voice so far. The other episodes with Jar Jar all had another voice actor.
Firespray

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 am

what's iego? or is that lego?
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Next

Return to Star Wars