Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Malevolence Model - What Kits Are Needed?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Malevolence Model - What Kits Are Needed?

Postby ccandgc » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:20 pm

underestimate the reach of the clone wars you must'nt..... :shock: My son wanted to build it, and I never back down from a challenge. Accurate? Maybe not, but without a set of one, thats all there is.
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 pm

ccandgc wrote:underestimate the reach of the clone wars you must'nt..... My son wanted to build it, and I never back down from a challenge. Accurate? Maybe not, but without a set of one, thats all there is.

I too think its a pain to buy all the sets just to build it. Thats roughly $1000 to build one single set.
BlueDragonZ

Postby wokajablocka » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

If you dont want to pay $1000 for this set and sacrifice your other sets order the parts through bricklink. I cost me about $80 -$90 AUS bucks for all the parts form 3 different sellers. I contacted tamuhockey and he sent me the .eml file with complete part list. Thanks again tamuhockey.

tamuhockey wrote:As to the sets needed - I can confirm the list posted above by LEGOscum. All the needed parts, with the exception of 1 (and I can't seem to remember what part it was) come from that pool of sets.

In total - the Malevolence model is 748 or 749 pieces plus 3 sticker sheets (8016, 8017, 8036). I say 748 or 749 because when putting together the part list - I may or may not have made a mistake in part counts, as I ended up with a single light-bluish-gray 1x1 round plate left over (either I made the mistake in part counts - or a BL seller gave me 1 more than I ordered). For completion sake, I'm going with 749 pieces.

Its far cheaper to just buy the needed parts, than to buy all of the above kits in order to build it. My pricing estimates put it at around $60 worth of parts + shipping from various vendors, assuming you need to purchase all 749 pieces - so you're mileage may vary. I actually ended up spending $55 and some change on the parts, and then another $15 in shipping, as I ordered from 4 different vendors.

I've put together an Excel file that contains the complete part list (with BL partnumbers for cross-reference) as well as the XML coding necessary to copy/paste the list into BrickLink's mass upload wanted list feature, in case you want to just buy all the pieces and give it a go. If you want a copy of the file - PM me and let me know your email address.
wokajablocka

Postby pr0visorak » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 am

Hi I am new here and would too like the parts list for the Malevolence. Wokajablocka is it possible for you to send me the list as I don't have the PM function yet.
pr0visorak

Postby J30spiff » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm

pr0visorak wrote:Hi I am new here and would too like the parts list for the Malevolence. Wokajablocka is it possible for you to send me the list as I don't have the PM function yet.

I'm in the same boat as you. I would like the parts list also. Thanks.
J30spiff

Postby groupsrv » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:59 am

tamuhockey wrote:As to the sets needed - I can confirm the list posted above by LEGOscum. All the needed parts, with the exception of 1 (and I can't seem to remember what part it was) come from that pool of sets.

In total - the Malevolence model is 748 or 749 pieces plus 3 sticker sheets (8016, 8017, 8036). I say 748 or 749 because when putting together the part list - I may or may not have made a mistake in part counts, as I ended up with a single light-bluish-gray 1x1 round plate left over (either I made the mistake in part counts - or a BL seller gave me 1 more than I ordered). For completion sake, I'm going with 749 pieces.

Its far cheaper to just buy the needed parts, than to buy all of the above kits in order to build it. My pricing estimates put it at around $60 worth of parts + shipping from various vendors, assuming you need to purchase all 749 pieces - so you're mileage may vary. I actually ended up spending $55 and some change on the parts, and then another $15 in shipping, as I ordered from 4 different vendors.

I've put together an Excel file that contains the complete part list (with BL partnumbers for cross-reference) as well as the XML coding necessary to copy/paste the list into BrickLink's mass upload wanted list feature, in case you want to just buy all the pieces and give it a go. If you want a copy of the file - PM me and let me know your email address.

I'm hesitant to break apart all these sets to build the Malevolence. My post count is low so i can't PM you back with my email address. would appreciate if one can PM me an email address so i can return the gesture to get the file.
groupsrv

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I, too, would like the partslist. I had posted in this thread before the forum died last week, but it seems to have been eaten. on a side note: how many posts do we have to have before we can PM people?
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby J30spiff » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Still patiently waiting for someone to help with the parts list. Thanks in advance for any help.
J30spiff

Postby kkok » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 am

Sorry to bump this old topic. I finally let my 2 boys, who are big Star Wars Lego fans, watch the Clone Wars TV series recently. After watching the first few episodes of season 1, they have been asking me to help them build the Malevolence. I have the 4 parts instruction manuals, but they do not have the parts listed in there. I have pm tamuhockey over a week ago but he/she may not be active on this board anymore.

Can someone send me a parts list so that I can get the pieces I need from BrickLink? Thank you.
kkok

Postby mikado » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 am

if someone can email it to me too id appreciate it
mikado

Postby ccandgc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 am

send me a PM with your email addresses guys...I'll send you the part list I used.
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby J30spiff » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Chad, Thanks again for emailing me the part list. I really appreciate it.
J30spiff

Postby ccandgc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:59 pm

welcome :)
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby RfAurora » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Id like the parts list emailed too please
RfAurora

Postby ccandgc » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 am

PM me your email address.
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby majortom » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Guys, have you heard of google; it's awesome:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=33807

I hope this helps and that I've saved a few headaches. The set list is pretty extensive (and expensive!) but I'd imagine that there are no pieces exclusive to these sets, i.e. pieces that you can find in sets already in your collection?
majortom

Postby Solo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

majortom, have you heard of reading the thread; it's awesome:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2572#p24811

;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby majortom » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:08 am

haha sorry Mr Solo, but in my defence by the sounds of things noone else had read that post either :x

edit: oops I know what I've done, I've misread the previous few posts, I mistook 'parts' for 'sets'. It was pretty late in the UK at time of posting, so again my apologies and just ignore me. I'd have thought google would cough up something in terms of parts though.
majortom

Postby BobaFett3650 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm

can somebody please send me the partslist also? Thanks in advance.
BobaFett3650

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars