Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Candy?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Candy?

Postby opres » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 am

Greetings,

I recently acquired the Japanese release of BF's Slave I Mini model. When I opened the package, there was a small plastic bag with 2 white balls in the box. My best guess is that the balls are some kind of hard candy.

Has anyone else found white balls in their Japanese Lego packages? Is this the Japanese version of a stick of gum with your baseball cards?

Thanks,
Opres
opres

Re: Candy?

Postby Rook » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 am

Ah they’re probably moth balls or silicone balls. Don't eat them.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby bigospedros » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 am

assuming it came in a box rather than a polybag then they will be candy as it was a promotional set by Kabaya.

Certainly, this webpage on rebelscum suggests that's what they are (based on the name of the picture linked).

Not sure they'd make good eating nowadays though, heh
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby LEGOscum » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:55 am

Kabaya is a Japanese confectionary company that produces all kinds of candy. In this particular case its hard shell has a gummy hazelnut centre. In most cases people think that the candy a the pack-in, but in truth the exclusive Mini set was the pack-in promotion.

Consider it's age before you eat it.
LEGOscum

Postby rajakmaur » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 am

Candy, specifically sugar candy, is a confection made from a concentrated solution of sugar in water, to which flavorings and colorants are added. Candies come in numerous colors and varieties and have a long history in popular culture. The word "candy" comes from Arabic qandi, derived from Persian qand, meaning "sugar."[1] In North America, candy is a broad category that includes candy bars, chocolates, licorice, sour candies, salty candies, tart candies, hard candies, taffies, gumdrops, marshmallows, and more. Vegetables, fruit or nuts glazed and coated with sugar are called candied.

Outside North America, the generic name for candy is sweets or confectionery (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other Commonwealth countries). In Australia and New Zealand, sweets are, in normal usage, further categorized as either chocolate or lollies (for all other non-chocolate candies).

In North America, the UK, and Australia, the word lollipop refers specifically to sugar candy on a stick. While not used in the generic sense of North America, the term candy is used in the UK for specific types of foods such as candy floss (cotton candy in North America and fairy floss in Australia), and certain other sugar based products.

play casual games
rajakmaur

Postby Solo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 pm

That was the most "out of left field" feeling spam account yet... I'm impressed actually. I'd of felt bad for deleting that post full of wtfery, so it shall remain as an example... But I "fixed" the link and banned the IP for good measure. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Chewie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:30 pm

rajakmaur wrote:play casual games

How obvious Rajakbnfsi ( How do you even spell that! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Return to Star Wars