Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pirate Tanks missing pieces

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Pirate Tanks missing pieces

Postby Clyne » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Ok, maybe this is just my bad luck or a bad batch in our area. I bought a sw pirate tank at a Target about 10 miles from my house on the way home one day about 2 weeks ago. I finally get around to opening it today to build with my son and before I open any bags I look for the minifig pieces like always. There were 0 minifig pieces in any of the 5 sealed polybags. So I took it to the Target closer to my home, about 2 miles, they let me exchange it no problem. Before I leave I open the new box, but after about 5 minutes of close examination, couldn't locate either of the pirate heads. I got another 1 and everything finally seemed to be accounted for...until I was almost done with the build and discovered 2 add'l pieces missing. They weren't structural/support type pieces, so I was able to finish it, but just really frustrating all around.

I liked the design, and it has some fun features. I just hope others don't have the same random bad luck with the missing pieces.
Clyne

Re: Pirate Tanks missing pieces

Postby meeotch » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 am

Occaisionally, sets are produced that are known for having a bad run as far as pieces included. The Republic Cruiser comes to mind, when they were including 2 Qui-Gon heads (I think) instead of one for him and one for Obi-Wan. Lego customer service will take care of you if you give them a call (do that, instead of going throught the internet. I've only ever called and they gave me 110% awesome service each time, whereas 99% of the customer service problems I've heard about occurred through the e-mail / internet system), and it will be especially helpful to Lego to know if there is a pattern of problems with this set.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby buhs » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Sorry friend, but it seems this is a common issue for LEGO these past two years or so. Of the last 20 sets I've purchased, 18 of them were missing pieces. Make sure, as mentioned above, that you call LEGO for licensed parts such as minifigs, as they will just ignor your request if made online (they say that they are supposed to phone, or send a follow-up email... but this has not been my experience). When you phone, you'll be asked for a number on the back of the instruciton manual, and you'll have to supply them with a copy of your purchase reciept (not sure how this works, as the 3 sets I had problems with regarding minifigs were purchased through LEGO Shop@Home, so I was able to supply an order number as proof.) As for why this is happening... my money is on the fact that LEGO now outsources most of it's production and packaging to Flextronics... as with every cost cutting measure... quality suffers. If this was any other product I probably would stop buying it... but unfortunately I'm hopelessly addicted to Star Wars LEGO. :(
buhs

Postby enorazzi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I had the same problem, All my minifigs were missing as well as the 4 harpoon guns. I called lego & after a long quiz to see that I wasn't trying to scam them.They sent out the wrong minifigs :( so I had to go thru it all again to get the right ones but one of the Pirates chest pieces the printing is smudged but I am going to leave well enough alone
enorazzi

Postby lego123 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:03 pm

meeotch wrote:Occaisionally, sets are produced that are known for having a bad run as far as pieces included. The Republic Cruiser comes to mind, when they were including 2 Qui-Gon heads (I think) instead of one for him and one for Obi-Wan. Lego customer service will take care of you if you give them a call (do that, instead of going throught the internet. I've only ever called and they gave me 110% awesome service each time, whereas 99% of the customer service problems I've heard about occurred through the e-mail / internet system), and it will be especially helpful to Lego to know if there is a pattern of problems with this set.

Actually it came with 2 obi-wan heads and no Qui-Gon heads.
lego123

Postby meeotch » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Well, I guess that changes everything. ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Zekk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Very much so. ;)
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby slicer87 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Some scumbag probably bought those sets, removed the minifigures, then resealed the box and returned it to the store. Then they will probably sell the stolen minifigs on Ebay. Just happened to me with a Seppy Shuttle I bought at Target, Nute was missing from the set. It is a growing problem with Lego sets sadly.
ST=CT
slicer87

Postby Huntmaster » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:58 pm

My pirate tanks seems fine... :S
Huntmaster

Postby Bob P » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 pm

What a nightmare. Glad to say I've never been short of parts in any of the kits i've bought, yet.
Bob P

Postby bdc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 am

I only have ever had one missing. One of the RedBrown 3 x 12 Wings was a left instead of a right, or vice versa:

6210 Jabba's Sail Barge

The rest of the time when I've been missing a piece, its because I used the wrong piece somewhere else, usually mixing up colors. Unfortunately, its almost always been on the monster sets like the Death Star, Death Star II, or UCS Millennium Falcon. Then it is the big challenge to go back through and not only find the incorrectly placed piece but also extract it. On the Falcon I had to disassemble most of the thing before we even could find the wrong piece. On the Death Star II I remember it was easier to find, but still annoying to swap.

I've occasionally had broken or defect parts. I've actually had more defects recently that I've had before. For example, I had a rebel helmet that would not stay on in "The Battle of Endor" and a broken clip on the tauntaun saddle in "Echo Base".

I guess I haven't been as unlucky as some because I usually use S@H or online from Target or ToysRUs so the sets haven't had a change to be pilfered for minifigs which seems to be the usual problem. My kids have lost a few pieces, including a Indiana Jones Crystal Skull, and I have paid to get those replaced. For either missing, defective, or lost parts, I never have had to do anything other than the online form at S@H. They did email me to confirm the price on the replacement crystal skull, but that seems to be expected.

-bri
bdc

Return to Star Wars