Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusives

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusives

Postby Staff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 am

This year, LEGO is trying something new. In addition to the Brickmaster exclusive set (which is still a bit of a mystery), they are also offering "Collectible Display Set" which consist of three minifigs, a printed backdrop in a clear plastic display box. There are a total of 5 sets, one for each day of the show. No word on the total number of each set yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll be limited. The funny thing is, is that there are 5 days to Comic Con including Preview Night, and there are 6 exclusives. Not sure what the deal is but once I find out more information, I'll post it here.

SDCC 2009 Brickmaster Exclusive

Dooku - Grievous - VentrissMadine - Ackbar - SkywalkerAhsoka - Windu - Clone TrooperSnowtrooper - Vader - SoloSolo - Chewbacca - SkywalkerClone Trooper - Obi-Wan - Anakin

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/07/22/san-diego-comic-con-2009-exclusives/
Staff

Re: San Diego Comic Con 2009 Exclusives

Postby Andi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 am

They look beautiful! I love the cards of especially the Death Star and the Luke-Ackbar Set
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:47 am

Wow, I would love to get my hands on one of those. The Hoth minifigure exclusive and the ROTJ are definately the best ones in my opinion. Any indea on how you would get one of these at Comic Con...?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby SIMAFOL » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 am

Hmm. We have one from each of the OT and 3 from the Clone Wars. Where's the Episode I-III love?
SIMAFOL

Postby liquidcross » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 am

These are going to be obscenely expensive. :(
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby donneyboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:17 am

liquidcross wrote:These are going to be obscenely expensive. :(

I am guessing $19.99-$39.99

wish I was at comic con to get them, I want the ackbar-madine-luke set, and greivouse-dooku-ventress set.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 am

liquidcross wrote:These are going to be obscenely expensive. :(

Seconded, and they will be nigh impossible to get at the mere obscenely expensive price if you're not in San Diego this week.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby thepatient » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:46 am

These are sweet. I might actually venture into e-bay territory to get one of these.

*prepares to bend over*
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Coret » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:13 am

LEGOscum wrote:I think the lack of availability of these are going to tick off a lot of LSW collectors.

Myself included.

My thoughts exactly. I saw these went Woo Hoo, then noticed they were exclusives and used a 4 letter explicative.
Coret

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 pm

LEGOscum wrote:I think the lack of availability of these are going to tick off a lot of LSW collectors.

Myself included.

I'm already upset. They didn't have to make it so difficult for us nonattendees. These are a scalpers paradise, very upsetting
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby Joedward » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:15 pm

How much would I have to give Ace to swipe/legitimately purchase one of these for me?

;)

They look cool, I like the second one.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Jabba the Taff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 pm

These character sets are cracking, but don't they infringe Hasbro horse's sarlacc licensing agreement?
Jabba the Taff

Postby donneyboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 pm

-redacted-
Last edited by Solo on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I'm pretty sure we're not suposed to share that yet... so I'm removing it for now.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 pm

One every day? Ugh, this is going to be unpossible (Ralph Wiggum). I have my friends there trying for it, but they didn't know about the one per day junk. UGLY.

Update: Okay, here's the scoop to why you see six sets, but the con is only going on for 5 days. One of those sets (Anakin, Obi-wan & Clone) are available everyday. There are a total of 1250 of those sets, and the exclusives are "raffled" off for 300 a day.

Here's the crazy kicker - each set is $50!!!! That's $300 for all of the sets, but that's assuming you're lucky enough to get a ticket to buy. The only ones who will buy this are collectors, as i doubt a mom or dad will pay $50 for their son/daughter. And even at that, i think most Lego collectors will balk at that price. We complain about set pricing all the time, and for $50 for three minifigs that are in other sets is really tough to chew. We're basically paying for the backdrop and reused figures.

I'm really really on the fence on this and I went crazy about the Toy Fair Han/Indy exclusive two years ago for a few hundred dollars. This one is just really tough to go through right now. The economy isn't the best and there are a ton of Star wars sets that just hit the shelves...ugh...

Update #2: Oh, I just found out that that's six figure set exclusives right? That's not including the actual Brickmaster exclusive!! That's being done every day and it's also $50. Soooo, if you want EVERY SW Lego exclusive, get ready to shell out $350 plus tax - yea...insanity.

I'm thinking about just trying to get the OT Star Wars sets. But even that is still $150. I honestly think that these sets are so overpriced that you'll be able to get these below cost for thoses who sell them online.

Good luck everyone
Gooker1

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
I'm thinking about just trying to get the OT Star Wars sets. But even that is still $150. I honestly think that these sets are so overpriced that you'll be able to get these below cost for thoses who sell them online.

Good luck everyone

Well i really hope you are right, but I doubt it. They are certainly overpriced, but I would still pay those prices if I had the chance. There are a lot of us 'stupid' collectors out there. Already saw a couple listed on eBay for BIN of $150 or best offer.

Thanks Gooker1 for the update
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby meeotch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Just got wind from my buddy at Comic Con. It appears it's a mini LAAT/c and the mini AT-TE that all ready came with a recent Brickmaster. I wonder if the LAAT/c will come out eventually.

Either way, I decided that I definitely don't need this for 50 bucks.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah, Mr. Meno had a different shot of it up earlier today that I nearly posted myself, but figured I should ask Steve first since I thought it was supposed to be all secret until tomorrow. Donneyboy even posted it above. But as I've gotten no reply I'ma figure it's fine.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Darth Jokar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Wow these sets look great, but they are to expensive for something so simple. But I guess I'll decide when I see them tomorrow up close.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby jstokes1203 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:47 pm

just got back from preview night at comic-con. didn't arrive early enough to get a raffle ticket, so i wasn't able to buy the exclusive set tonight (the one with ahsoka, mace windu, and clone trooper). each set had "XXX of 300" printed on them, and there were ahsoka sets left over after the raffle ended.

the clone wars obi-wan, luke skywalker, clone trooper set was available without a raffle ticket. 1250 are being sold. i figured it wasn't worth the cash. maybe if it had been 3 minifigs from the mos eisley cantina...

the sets are $50/each. the more exclusive sets (300 total per set) are limited to 1 per raffle ticket. i'm going to hold out for 3 sets from the original films.

the other exclusive set is a laat/c mini-set. the at-te walker looks exactly like the one i just got through brickmaster. not sure if it's worth $50 and standing in line for a raffle, but i guess that's why i got the 4-day pass. gotta complete the collection of mini-vehicles.

otherwise, the sets for sale were the same available through lego.shop.com. the new battle of endor, echo base, separatist shuttle, anakin's y-wing, venator-class cruiser, and corporate alliance tank droid were there, as well as some older sets. same price as the website. i didn't see the tantive iv set for sale, but it was on display. the displays give you a good sense of the proportion and number of pieces. battle of endor looks cool, but not sure it's worth $100.

little disappointed that the new sets for sale through target, wal-mart, and toys-r-us weren't available--or even on display. guess they're being kept under wraps until next month.

my one grab: silver stormtrooper magnet. no s&h through the lego website!

tomorrow is the release of the new lego star wars visual dictionary. first 50 in get dk swag and a chance to win a lego star wars set and free copy of the book.
Last edited by jstokes1203 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jstokes1203

Next

Return to Star Wars