Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars SDCC-Exclusive by LEGO Brickmaster

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Star Wars SDCC-Exclusive by LEGO Brickmaster

Postby the_sim » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 pm

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2009/07/star-wars-sdcc-exclusive-by-lego.html

I hope it's not like last years, where you can buy everything already.
the_sim

Re: Star Wars SDCC-Exclusive by LEGO Brickmaster

Postby Andi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 pm

hmm, I wanted to link to this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1720, but then realised that there all links to pictures were broken.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Good eye Andi. Thread w/ working images takes the lead!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Does what I read mean only 100 random people (as oppose to the first x number of people in line) per day get the chance to get this? I'm wondering because I have a buddy going to ComiCon looking for this for me.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 pm

That has been the case for the Lego exclusives at Comic-Con and at CIV for the past few years. Basically, it's a blind raffle for the opportunity to buy the exclusive.

Here's how it works.

They usually have a bag or box full of raffle tickets. They'll stamp the back of the winning tickets or have a range of numbers, so you stand in line grab a ticket. If yours is a winner you can purchase the set. About 20% of the people who stand in line think it's for a free item and they usually balk when they hear that they still have to pay for it.

They mark your hand (possibly badge) once each day when you go through the line to discourage one person going through the line multiple times within one day.

But don't worry if you can't win one that day. They'll take the leftovers that people didn't pay for and sell them first come first serve later on that evening...usually 5pm or something like that. But since the die hard Lego collectors/fans know this, that line can usually start 60-90 mins before they sell them to the first come first serve folk. I've seen them have 10 leftover to 30 leftover that day. It's definitely hit and miss, but it's a better guarantee to just stand in line towards the end of the show day. Granted you'll lose valuable con time, but that's the price of the exclusive hunt.

Good luck to your friend!!

This is the first year I'm missing in about 10 years, so I'm enlisting my friends to help me out on this too. ;)
Gooker1

Postby Darth Jokar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Gooker1 wrote:That has been the case for the Lego exclusives at Comic-Con and at CIV for the past few years. Basically, it's a blind raffle for the opportunity to buy the exclusive.

Here's how it works.

They usually have a bag or box full of raffle tickets. They'll stamp the back of the winning tickets or have a range of numbers, so you stand in line grab a ticket. If yours is a winner you can purchase the set. About 20% of the people who stand in line think it's for a free item and they usually balk when they hear that they still have to pay for it.

They mark your hand (possibly badge) once each day when you go through the line to discourage one person going through the line multiple times within one day.

But don't worry if you can't win one that day. They'll take the leftovers that people didn't pay for and sell them first come first serve later on that evening...usually 5pm or something like that. But since the die hard Lego collectors/fans know this, that line can usually start 60-90 mins before they sell them to the first come first serve folk. I've seen them have 10 leftover to 30 leftover that day. It's definitely hit and miss, but it's a better guarantee to just stand in line towards the end of the show day. Granted you'll lose valuable con time, but that's the price of the exclusive hunt.

Good luck to your friend!!

This is the first year I'm missing in about 10 years, so I'm enlisting my friends to help me out on this too. ;)

Ohh really! Someone told me they not doing that this year. They said first come first served. But it will be limited to one per person. And the set will cost between 39.99 or 49.99 usd. It's overpriced again for a set with 202 pieces. Im going to try to get afew since im going with family. Hopefully their right about no raffle this year.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:11 pm

It will be tough to do first come first served at the con, especially for exclusives. There are companies that do that out there, but they're the bigger ones who always have the "MUST HAVE" exclusives (Mattel, Hasbro, NECA). LEGO really appeal to more of the LEGO fan, not your collector fan, imho. LEGO doesn't rope off there retail area or anything like that, so first come first served can be a madhouse there.

The only time I would imagine it would be first come first serve is on preview night. But yea, the lego exlcusives have always ran 40-50 starting with the Batman/Joker box exclusive. I don't mind paying that extra price at all because it is an exclusive one time item.
Gooker1

Postby Swift » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:34 am

It is indeed still a "lucky draw" raffle.
Swift

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Swift wrote:It is indeed still a "lucky draw" raffle.

I figured Lego would do that.

Does anyone know if Lego will do an exlclusive Star Wars set like they did last year?
Gooker1

Postby Darth Jokar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Ohh they gonna do the raffle then? That sucks i guess im going to be early as heck there try to win one. I wish they were free that would have been great.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby bigospedros » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 am

$50!?

Not worth it. I hope someone posts the Dropship instructions and then we can just make our own!
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby the_sim » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:07 am

The AT-OT Looks exactly like the AT-TE...
the_sim

Postby bigospedros » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:50 am

probably because it is supposed to be an AT-TE not an AT-OT ? ;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby bdc » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Someone finally posted links to the instructions over on another thread.

Side 1
Side 2

Now to find some bricks...
bdc

Postby dathomir » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 am

Anybody got the walker instructions?
dathomir

Return to Star Wars