Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 2010 sets!!!????

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New 2010 sets!!!????

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 am

The Brain wrote:
Bellicose wrote:Speaking of battle packs, I wish the Atgar cannon from this had been included with the Rebel battle pack, and not that stupid repulsorlift sled tank thing (which was entirely made up). For this, I'd have included laser cannon turret and possibly another trench line like are in the Battle of Hoth set.

Just for reference, the vehicle in the rebel battlepack is a Laser ice cutter, which was to be used as a last line of defense on Hoth. I find the little model to be pretty neat, and a good, solid battlepack vehicle. Don't get me wrong: an Atgar cannon would be fine too, but I'm satisfied with the ice cutter in the rebel bp.

Funny, I always thought it was the Rebel Zamboni, used to resurface the Hoth Center after games like this:

Mandalorian Candidat

Postby possum » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 am

Now there's a license LEGO needs! Strange Brew!! Hey, LEGO, here is your starter list of sets:

Black & White mental patient hockey team battle packs
MacKenzie Van with Doug, Bob & Hosehead the dog
Great White North TV set
Elsinore Brewery with Pam, the Brewmeister, that crazy light up video game & the beer tanks

Surely there's no way they'd ever do this, but oh man would it be sweet!
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby THX 1138 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 am

fallenangel327 wrote:Of course not - the most obscure model of the Star Wars line would have to be the Century tank:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Crawler :lol:
Since the laser ice cutter is in the movies (however briefly) that automatically moves it up in the "well known vehicles" ladder. On the other hand, I doubt most children nowadays have read the Dark Empire comic books. XD
And don't forget other such obscurities as the TIE/d from the TIE collection, the Ten Nunb minifigure (if those count), and - considering it was in only one game - the Rogue Shadow. (LEGO hasn't made a Virago, so ships from any other multimedia franchise are just as obscure.) :roll:

And yes, I agree that the Landing Craft, Swamp Speeder, and AT-OT/Dropship are all fairly obscure ships.

About the new AT-AT - proportions, my friends, proportions.

The most obscure ship (from the movies) Lego has ever made could be the T-16 Skyhopper. The most we see of it, aside from being in the background a couple of times, is Luke playing with his model. Also, if you're not counting non-movie things, the Utapauan starfighter would be even more obscure since it's only seen for a total of about 2 seconds in ROTS as a ship flying through Utapau (and we only see it from the bottom). I didn't see it until I rewatched the Utapau scenes quite a few times trying to find it!
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

New Summer 2010 LEGO Star Wars TV Spot

Postby legoboy12345678 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 am

As I was on the chinese Toysrus I happened to find the new Summer Star Wars Sets TV Spot (Link Below)

LINK to VIDEO- http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoboy123 ... 780601860/
legoboy12345678

Postby ufjason » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm

My brother just spotted the new emperor's shuttle at a target in Maryland. New sets are dropping now!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Alpha 40 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 pm

^Really, I can't believe they are coming already. Thanks for the news, i will have to start looking.
Alpha 40

Postby kelano28 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 am

TRU has the Hoth Wampa Cave set up, though it is currently listed as 'Out Of Stock'.
kelano28

Postby onions » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

ufjason wrote:My brother just spotted the new emperor's shuttle at a target in Maryland. New sets are dropping now!

pics or it didn't happen
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Boyfromvalley » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 pm

AT-AT is now available in the UK at Toysrus for £99.99. Strange thing is they've used lego mini figure shovels designing the guns.
Boyfromvalley

Postby ufjason » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 pm

He didn't buy it, he had called me about what sets he found on clearance at the time. I asked him to take a pic but he had my nephew in tow. I actually didn't remember the set from the original leaked pics but he described it as having the "vader transformation scene." When I looked up the pictures, I confirmed the set he he was talking about. It was the only new set he saw. I wouldn't be surprised if these are in stock rooms waiting for a planogram reset to go out on the floor.

onions wrote:
ufjason wrote:My brother just spotted the new emperor's shuttle at a target in Maryland. New sets are dropping now!

pics or it didn't happen
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 am

Boyfromvalley wrote:AT-AT is now available in the UK at Toysrus for £99.99. Strange thing is they've used lego mini figure shovels designing the guns.

The motorized AT-AT also has shovels as guns on the sides of the head. Don't know about the first one tho...
Diaaabo

Postby bigj22 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 am

just went to my TRU in Erie, PA. They have 6 new sets. They did not have the AT AT. I bought 5 of the 6. Didnt want the Turbo Tank.
bigj22

Postby legomatt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Good news and Bad news.:

Well, the new 'Classic' sets are all up on the Lego UK S@H (that ends the good news), and they've all been dropped into the Clone Wars category... :roll: No doubt some genius at Lego has said that the clone wars page gets more traffic, so put them there... :facepalm:

The (human) minifigs all have those annoying baby-like 'fried-egg' eyes, making them look like this: :shock: , so they stand out like sore thumbs from previous (i.e ALL) Lego Classic sets... :(

*(sarcasm on)*: It's just a matter of time before some marketing consultant tells Lego that children have a strong reaction to babies, and every set becomes Star Wars Babies... Actually, judging by the new goggle-faces, and that 'puppy-dog' At-At, maybe it already happened. *(sarcasm off)* ;)
legomatt

Postby THX 1138 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Diaaabo wrote:
Boyfromvalley wrote:AT-AT is now available in the UK at Toysrus for £99.99. Strange thing is they've used lego mini figure shovels designing the guns.

The motorized AT-AT also has shovels as guns on the sides of the head. Don't know about the first one tho...

The head guns of the first one involved square signs and pipe wrenches (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x93).

legomatt wrote:The (human) minifigs all have those annoying baby-like 'fried-egg' eyes, making them look like this: :shock: , so they stand out like sore thumbs from previous (i.e ALL) Lego Classic sets... :(

I honestly don't understand the huge fuss over the very slightly different faces that are being made now. I think the faces with the "'fried-egg' eyes" have existed in most, if not all, other themes for years, and the difference isn't all that noticeable unless you carefully study the features of the minifigs' faces.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Joedward » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Can anyone explain these prices to me,

The new CTT is £100 with 1141 pieces
Slave I has half the number of pieces (573), has half the minifigures, but is £80
But the new AT-AT is only £10 more than Slave I, and yet includes almost 250 more pieces and 5 extra figures

Seriously... WTF?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Robzula » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Slave I sells. Plus all of the minifigs are new moulds.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Robzula wrote:Slave I sells. Plus all of the minifigs are new moulds.

All of which are bs reasons why TLC racked up the prices >:( .
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Robzula » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:
Robzula wrote:Slave I sells. Plus all of the minifigs are new moulds.

All of which are bs reasons why TLC racked up the prices >:( .

They're in it for money, not to please you. Yeah, it sucks, but people still buy it.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:10 am

I have a feeling that they're going to see a drop in their sales. I mean, parents want the most for their money for their kids. They're not as likely to buy the more expensive sets. So say if they get Wampa's Cave for their kid, they build it and they see how small it is, they'll be much less inclined to get more lego sets. They'll think "Well, gee, this is pretty small for $40, I'll buy my kid something cheaper the next time."

I'm actually hoping their sales will drop so they learn their lesson>
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Draykov » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am

.pdf instructions have made it up to Shop@Home for some of the August 2010 wave of SW sets. Not sure if that's common knowledge already. Notably, CTT, Grievous' fighter, Wampa Cave, Slave I and Palp's shuttle.
Hail Space!
Draykov

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars