Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 2010 sets!!!????

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New 2010 sets!!!????

Postby CaptainRex110 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
PocasNuckie wrote:I believe a lot of the latest sets related to the Old Trilogy have came in the Clone Wars package (I am actually pretty much sure of it), so that is not an issue here.

8038 "The Battle of Endor", 7749 "Echo Base" and 7754 "Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser" all have classic black Star Wars box art, with yellow(!) Luke, Leia and Han posing in the upper right corner. I would expect LEGO to continue this with any future OT sets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingerbear ... 712137725/

But that is just because of the 10th Anniversary line. Just because they've used it now, doesn't mean that that is the standard. With next year being ESB anniversary, it should be almost certain that they are Hoth sets.

This picture is slightly clearer and you can kind of make out a Snowtrooper-like minifig in the one on the right.
Brickshelf.com Brickipedia

Postby Teekay » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Wow, you don't get much clearer than that. ;) Seriously, though, that is definitely a Rebel pilot in the left one. Can't tell what's in the right one, though one could assume Snowies. This is awesome, I know I'll get any set with Snowies, or Rebel troopers.

EDIT: Upon second look, is that a AT-AT pilot on the speeder? :shock:

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Those vehicles could be those snowbikes from the 'Trespass' Clone Wars episode.
Jabba the Taff

Postby cadbane123 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:16 pm

1-in tresspass there was barc speeders andfreeco bikes

2-next year is ESB 10 anniversery if it was clone wars it would come out this year
It's Bane, Cad Bane
cadbane123

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:21 pm

I think it's pretty safe to say the left one is a Hoth Rebel Battle Pack, with at least one Rebel Pilot and three troopers, plus something (be it a small vehicle, snowbank, or cannon of sorts) - and the right is a Snowtrooper Battle Pack with At least three Snowtroopers, a white Speederbike, and again... something (looks like some terrain for them to hide behind). Anything beyond that is impossible to define. But hey, it's news!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby darthvladovich » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:39 pm

The one on the right is deffinately a speederbike (I can see the two rods and the two triangular pieces on the front) with imperials.The one on the left looks a lot like a crahed snowspeeder with luke jumping out and rebels in the background. If this is Hoth, it will give us a good chance to extend the battle. I still am wondering about the box though, it might be a trap. TLG could be getting everyone excited about a hoth battle pack only to reveal it to be some clone wars set. If that's true I'm going to be mad.
Last edited by darthvladovich on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
darthvladovich

Postby Lego Engineer » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm

The style of the mystery set boxes look a lot like the Clone Wars boxes. I'm guessing that those box designs are for the second Clone Wars series. Perhaps they're from Episode 15 from the Clone Wars series when they go to that snow planet that I can't recall the name of. However the red "Star Wars" writing seems more suiting to an OT set. Some more Hoth sets would be good though.
Lego Engineer

Postby Wubbles » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Maybe it's cuz next year is the 30th anniversery of TESB. I hope they have a Cloud City! :D
CoC Rule #5: One account per person.
Creating multiple accounts, for any reason, is grounds for an immediate ban. If you have any problems logging into your account, contact the staff.
Wubbles

Postby darthvladovich » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:37 pm

A Cloud City duel would be awesome!
darthvladovich

Postby rogueang » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:46 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Incidentally, you can see the video in a pretty good resoultion full screen HERE.

You didn't happen to download this, did you? It's private now, both on Youtube and on the Toysrus site. The low rez is still available, but I'd like to see the high rez version.

- Thanks.
rogueang

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:32 am

I didn't download it, but I took some screencaps. You still can't really tell what anything is other than the Rebel pilot. Those boxes are just too small. It's frustrating that all of the tight closeups had the shelf directly below the battle pack in shot, but that's all. We've already seen those sets. :p
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby CoR3Bu » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 am

I definitely hope they're Hoth Battlepacks, which they probably are. It looks like you get a Tauntaun
with the left one and some sort of speeder with the right one. I also think there might be a probe droid on the left one,
which I'm guessing is the snow trooper battle pack. The right one is probably a Hoth rebel trooper battlepack.
It is likely that one of these is that mysterious set, but I hope the mysterious set is a Tantive 4. It also looks like one of the new battle packs is on the desk by the Home 1. I'm really excited for another tauntaun and more snowtroopers :cool: !

-CoR3Bu

P.S. Yeah I kinda go with ya, Puddleglum, but I still like to dream! ;)
Last edited by CoR3Bu on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoR3Bu

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am

I too hope that these sets are Hoth battlepacks. Just think of the awesome possibilities that could be included in these sets...but for right now, I'm just hoping for some clearer images of these sets. Until then, I'll just have to speculate and try not to go crazy thinking of these sets :lol: .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Puddleglum » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 am

CoR3Bu wrote:It looks like you get a Tauntaun with the right one and some sort of speeder with the left one. I also think there might be a probe droid on the left one, which I'm guessing is the snow trooper battle pack. The right one is probably a Hoth rebel trooper battlepack.
-CoR3Bu

I would be really shocked if a Tauntaun came with either of these sets. Mainly because the Echo Base set is already pretty much a battle pack + Han on a Tauntaun, and they're asking $25 for it!
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Draykov » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am

Three Rebel Troops and a pilot and 3-4 snowtroopers are all I'd count on at this point. This is based on precedent set in the previous battle packs and the cruddy image. To ask for anything more (aside from a few brick-based odds and ends) would be foolish and would most likely cause more than a few of our more excitable members a fair amount of heartache and tantrum throwing later on. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Solo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Exactly Draykov. People need to just relax and wait for a better hint to come out, there's not enough so far to say anything beyond what's been established.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am

You're right LL918 & CaptainRex110. The box art I mentioned in my attempt to refute PocasNuckie's claim is all labeled "LEGO Star Wars 10 Year Anniversary". But it still means that other than the mid-scale Falcon there have been no OT sets in Clone Wars packaging (yet).
Incidentally, the Falcon has now finally become available in Germany - in the Clone Wars section of S@H. Has LEGO screwed up, or do they know something about upcoming CW episodes...? >:)
Gingerbeard Man

Postby etcknight » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:31 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Incidentally, you can see the video in a pretty good resoultion full screen HERE.

"This video is PRIVATE"
etcknight

Postby Wubbles » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:12 pm

If it even was Hoth BP, I still wouldn't buy it. I'm not a big fan of Hoth. :| And i'm interested in Cloud City so i'm keeping my hopes up for a new CC set. :)
Creating multiple accounts, for any reason, is grounds for an immediate ban. If you have any problems logging into your account, contact the staff.
Wubbles

Postby Wubbles » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Wubbles wrote:If it even was Hoth BP, I still wouldn't buy it. I'm not a big fan of Hoth. :| And i'm interested in Cloud City so i'm keeping my hopes up for a new CC set. :)

On second thought I am sorta into Hoth and besides i'd kill for a Hoth Leia :shock: or maybe another K-3PO cause mine has a crack in it's arms and they are loose. :(
Wubbles

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars