Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 2010 sets!!!????

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New 2010 sets!!!????

Postby yankeeken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Well if they make a new ARC-170, they better drastically improve the wings. I can just stare at my old ARC and its wings will fall apart.
yankeeken

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Flynn wrote:I don't see why you're thinking that. Most TIEs have been 20 dollars, with Vader's and the Crawler being the exceptions. Granted, the Defender is one of the larger variations, but even the Crawler was only 50 dollars. I'd expect a 30-50 dollar set, at most.

If the TIE Defender is an exclusive, like the TIE Crawler was, I can't imagine it costing any LESS than that set, so MINIMUM $50 (which I thought was ludicrous for the TIE Crawler, but that's just me). I could easily see it being more, with recent price increases. I don't think it will be WORTH that, but that doesn't really matter to anybody but me.

If it isn't an exclusive, then it might well be lower. (I guess if the TIE Crawler sold poorly enough at that price, then maybe they learned a lesson there, and even an exclusive might be lower, but I doubt it.)
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:58 pm

yankeeken wrote:Well if they make a new ARC-170, they better drastically improve the wings. I can just stare at my old ARC and its wings will fall apart.

Seconded. I really liked that set, but that was definitely the downside.
Mister Ed

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I Don't Know wrote:I Like Ike

I like my trike. ;)

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

Postby Blacknight » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:58 pm

dman7529 wrote:For example, take a look at the difference between 7151 Sith Infiltraor released in 1999, and the 7663 Sith Infiltrator released in 2007.

Except the new Sith Infiltrator sucked more than the old one. The scale problem got worse, not better and it's just a collection of slopes stuck together. I hope the same fate doesn't befall the Arc-170 - or maybe I do, then I won't have to worry about buying it.

The Hoth battle packs don't make much sense when we just got one in the form of the tauntaun set (2 rebels + 2 snowtroopers per set). That set is so new it hasn't even hit the shelf at some of my local stores. I was going to buy two of the tauntaun sets, but now I will wait and see what these new ones look like. They're just hurting their own sales with these battle packs.

Finally, the other weird set is the droid tri-fighter. I mean, the first one was a very cool build, but who wanted to see this re-released honestly? I already have two thanks to ultimate space battle. It would be nice if this was a typo and it's actually the CIS "tri-droid" walker thingy that will be released (as seen during Order 66 and in the Clone Wars movie).

Anyway, I can't say anything more one way or the other until the pictures are inevitably leaked. But nothing "must-get" yet.
Blacknight

Postby cadbane123 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 pm

yankeeken wrote:Well if they make a new ARC-170, they better drastically improve the wings. I can just stare at my old ARC and its wings will fall apart.

MIND CONTROL!!!

WITCH!!!!

BURN HIM!!!!!

I say we make this the official: I like - thread

i like TACO
It's Bane, Cad Bane
cadbane123

Postby cadbane123 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Blacknight wrote:
dman7529 wrote:For example, take a look at the difference between 7151 Sith Infiltraor released in 1999, and the 7663 Sith Infiltrator released in 2007.

Except the new Sith Infiltrator sucked more than the old one. The scale problem got worse, not better and it's just a collection of slopes stuck together. I hope the same fate doesn't befall the Arc-170 - or maybe I do, then I won't have to worry about buying it.

The Hoth battle packs don't make much sense when we just got one in the form of the tauntaun set (2 rebels + 2 snowtroopers per set). That set is so new it hasn't even hit the shelf at some of my local stores. I was going to buy two of the tauntaun sets, but now I will wait and see what these new ones look like. They're just hurting their own sales with these battle packs.

Finally, the other weird set is the droid tri-fighter. I mean, the first one was a very cool build, but who wanted to see this re-released honestly? I already have two thanks to ultimate space battle. It would be nice if this was a typo and it's actually the CIS "tri-droid" walker thingy that will be released (as seen during Order 66 and in the Clone Wars movie).

Anyway, I can't say anything more one way or the other until the pictures are inevitably leaked. But nothing "must-get" yet.

1 i thought the sith infiltrator was cool
2 its unlikely the bps will have taun tauns the hoth set will be the only 1 with it and its out ragesly priced
3 does anyone kno that 2010 is the 5th anniversery of ep3!!?
It's Bane, Cad Bane
cadbane123

Postby Draykov » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Blacknight wrote:The Hoth battle packs don't make much sense when we just got one in the form of the tauntaun set (2 rebels + 2 snowtroopers per set).

It makes total sense from a TLC supply/availability/minifig cost efficiency standpoint. Remember these?

Image Image

cadbane123 wrote:3 does anyone kno that 2010 is the 5th anniversery of ep3!!?

More importantly, it's also the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.
Last edited by Draykov on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

cadbane123 wrote:1 i thought the sith infiltrator was cool
2 its unlikely the bps will have taun tauns the hoth set will be the only 1 with it and its out ragesly priced
3 does anyone kno that 2010 is the 5th anniversery of ep3!!?

1 A bunch of large, ugly peices meshed together =/= cool. However, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
2 Outragously? It's 5 dollars over priced, at the most. You've got 155 peices plus 5 figures and a brand-new (and large) mold. There was no way it would be 15 dollars, and it'd be foolish to even think it be 20. Also, while it is unlikely that they'll include a Tauntaun in the BPs, it's not impossible, they could sacrifice either a couple figures or some of the vehicle that always accompanies these things.
3 Wow...5 years. How..special. I honestly doubt LEGO would set aside their CW and OT lines just to make room for such a small aniversary. In the past, when one of the new films came out, LEGO basically focused all there sets on that film and the OT. They rarely returned to the rest of the PT until they were finished with that film. I can imagine that they would continue working with the CW line until the liscense or the show is cancelled. I'd be more centered on the 30th aniversary of ESB, which would explain the Hoth BPs.

Oh, and Mister Ed, if it is a Target exclusive, it will definitely be 50 dollars if the previous sets are any sign. If it's not, I'd bet more on 20 or 30 dollars.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby meeotch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Star Wars is so big that every year is a round-number anniversary of something, or so it seems. The 30th of Empire, however, is a bigger deal. As for the tri-fighter, well, I for one don't mind it being re-released, because I don't have one. A tri-droid would be cool to me as well, but no more or less so than the other.

I'd just like to put this out there right now to everyone: don't be surprised about ANY PT set that's all ready been done to get a Clone Wars-ification. It's probably a lot cheaper for Lego to do a redesign than to start from scratch (of course, I don't know this for a fact, I'm merely speculating).
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Or even a Bantha! (Now that would be nice)

I like where your heads at Aharown. :D

cadbane123 wrote:MIND CONTROL!!!

WITCH!!!!

BURN HIM!!!!!

I like Chill pills (for the mentally insane :|)

-The Colonel

P.S. I don't have to look at my ARC's wings to make them fall apart.
My Mom and Dad have a fan up 3 flights of stairs in their room.
When it's on low my ARC literally blows up. I would be glad, even if it was
just a rumor and a heart warming one at that.
CoR3Bu

Postby Teekay » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Teekay reads main page. Teekay is a little excited about hoth rebel, and snowie BPs. He says WTH to Freeco Speeder. He is glad about a Tri Fighter, because he missed out at first.

Then Teekay enters thread. Teekay does big happy dance all over room! XD

Allow me to explain. I missed ARC. I missed both landspeeders. So I went wild about those. TIE Defender: Meh. Take it or leave it.

Overall, Teekay=Happy :)

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Pinhead978 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

The Landspeeder has me really excited, more than any other set. I never got a Landspeeder (I wasn't a LEGO or Star Wars fan when the other ones were released). :| :( :'( I hope it comes with other figures I don't have yet, like Tatooine Luke and Ben Kenobi, and Tusken Raiders (which it probably will) and I hope it might come with Han Solo and Chewie, the droids (C-3PO especially, since he only comes in expensive sets)or even Greedo (Considering TLG putting the rodian character in the new Separatist's Shuttle) XD

Draykov wrote:kein bild verfügbar :(

What does that mean :?:
Last edited by Pinhead978 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pinhead978

Postby yankeeken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 pm

@Pinhead:

It is German for "No image available".
yankeeken

Postby Pinhead978 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm

yankeeken wrote:@Pinhead:

It is German for "No image available".

Thanks. :D
Pinhead978

Postby Chewie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm

cadbane123 wrote:3 does anyone kno that 2010 is the 5th anniversery of ep3!!?

More importantly, it's also the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.[/quote]

Well, there is gonna be a tri-fighter set in 2010, and in the SW databank it says it has only been seen in Ep. 3 but I don't think it could come back I mean this year is the 10th anniversary of Ep. 1 and nothing happened! :'(
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Blacknight wrote:Except the new Sith Infiltrator sucked more than the old one. The scale problem got worse, not better and it's just a collection of slopes stuck together.

Huh? Scale problem? What was the problem? That it wasn't to exact scale with the minifig? That the proportions weren't 100% accurate? Since when are either of those a huge problem with a SW LEGO set? It looked MUCH more like the source material than the old one. A "collection of slopes stuck together" does a far better job of approximating the correct shape than a "collection of bricks stuck together", IMHO. The original Sith Infiltrator remains one of the very few sets that I don't regret missing the first time around AT ALL. Very possibly the ugliest set outside the Pod Bucket.

But, as you say, to each his own.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Flynn wrote:Oh, and Mister Ed, if it is a Target exclusive, it will definitely be 50 dollars if the previous sets are any sign. If it's not, I'd bet more on 20 or 30 dollars.

I'd say at least 30. That extra wing has got to cost SOMETHING. :D

(But I still wouldn't be shocked if it was over $50, the way things have been going. But it won't bother me, as I wasn't planning on getting it anyway.)
Mister Ed

Postby darthvladovich » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Well, very interesting list of sets. I am thrilled over the Hoth Battle Packs. But other than that, I'd have to say I don't really care. I already have both the Arc fighter and Droid Tri-fighter and I definitely wouldn't buy a clonewarsified version of either sets. The only reason I would buy the TIE defender is to have another TIE pilot and change it into an Interceptor. The only other set that remotely interests me is luke's landspeeder. I am in need of a fleash tatooine luke and old ben. But... if it had tuskens, I would definitely buy it, and... if it had a bantha, I would be overjoyed and declare it one of my favorite sets. Although that is very unlikely for TLG to make another (large) creature mold so soon to creating the taun taun.
darthvladovich

Postby Blacknight » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 am

Mister Ed wrote:Huh? Scale problem? What was the problem? That it wasn't to exact scale with the minifig? That the proportions weren't 100% accurate? Since when are either of those a huge problem with a SW LEGO set?

Forget 100% accurate, the scale of the new one isn't even in the correct ballpark. For me, scale IS an important issue, hence why I commented on it. For example, I skipped the playset ISD and will be skipping the new Venator because the scale is just too far off. As for the original Sith Infiltrator, it was a decent set for its time that perhaps wasn't shown off perfectly by the box art. IMO, because of its resemblance to a TIE fighter (which were in short supply at the time) it was probably the most interesting of the initial wave of Ep. 1 sets, which, one must keep in mind, were released at the very beginning of the license over 10 years ago. The brick construction remains more purist and true to Lego than the SOS (spamming of slopes) that afflicts the redesigned version. Almost every slope made by Lego was packed into the new Infiltrator for no good reason, leaving gaps, weird angles and other problems. Given the redesign came out years later, when better parts were available as well as more mature and established building techniques by Lego, it should have been way better than it was. The old one is also a nice collection of old gray plates. I will concede that the old one used too much blue and that the pin design holding it all together was rather weak. I'm just saying that redesigns are not always by default an improvement, because they sometimes introduce their own set of flaws. Compare the old destroyer droid to the abomination that came in the new MTT: again, the scale got worse, this time in the opposite direction.
Blacknight

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars