Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby enorazzi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 am

I was just thinking a double sided head would please both clone wars & "normal" mini fig fans. I would also like to see sheriff woody's legs done in all brown so chewie can be as tall as he should be :)
enorazzi

Postby cowbug » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

Not that it would happen, more wishful thinking than anything, but I just read Death Troopers (star wars + zombies, doesn't get much better than that). I would like an Imperial Prison Barge "Purge" playset, not necessarly a full ship, with a couple holding cells, a med bay, escape pod, maybe a bridge and lots of zombie figs (troopers, officers, prisoners, a rodian, a wookie and of course the other non-zombie characters).
cowbug

Postby Brickweiser » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm

cowbug wrote:Not that it would happen, more wishful thinking than anything, but I just read Death Troopers (star wars + zombies, doesn't get much better than that). I would like an Imperial Prison Barge "Purge" playset, not necessarly a full ship, with a couple holding cells, a med bay, escape pod, maybe a bridge and lots of zombie figs (troopers, officers, prisoners, a rodian, a wookie and of course the other non-zombie characters).

Is that even considered canon? Sounds like a pervertion of the SW universe. En Par with creating a Darth Norris.
Brickweiser

Postby cowbug » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Brickweiser wrote:Is that even considered canon? Sounds like a pervertion of the SW universe. En Par with creating a Darth Norris.

No, it follows canon. It was a pretty entertaining book and Lucas liked the idea enough to not only approve it but allowed it to include two major characters (I won't reveal who in case anyone plans on reading it).

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news01262009.html

There is also a prequel book that just came out explaining the origins of the "zombies". I have not read that yet.
cowbug

Iconic SW vehicles that still haven't been made into sets.

Postby Phenotype » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

A short introductions first: This is my first post, though I've been collecting SW Lego's since 1999.

This isn't so much a wishlist as it is a list of iconic Star Wars vehicles that still haven't received the Lego treatment.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine why certain vehicles have gone through three and four incarnations while others still haven't been made into sets. Here are the ones I'm surprised they haven't done yet:

Rebel Transport - Sure it's a (somewhat) boring cargo vessel, but I think they could make up for it with a lot of play features and small bonus vehicles.

Royal Starship - Despite being an iconic ship featured heavily in Ep. I this one proves problematic due to it's chromed body. I imagine this reason alone is why the ship hasn't been done.

Gian Speeder - Not sure why they haven't done this one.

Lars Family Speeder - This one probably doesn't qualify as "iconic", but I think it's well known enough to constitute a set.

E-Wing Starfighter - A very well known vehicle from the Expanded Universe. Now that they've done the TIE Defender I don't see any reason why they couldn't do the E-Wing.

So, what other iconic ships are you surprised that Lego hasn't done yet?
Phenotype

Postby Drock » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 am

Welcome to the community, Phenotype. :)

One more that I'd like to add is Padme's ship that we see at the beginning of AotC - it was chrome too. I don't know the name though.
Drock

Re: Iconic SW vehicles that still haven't been made into set

Postby StoutFiles » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 am

Phenotype wrote:A short introductions first: This is my first post, though I've been collecting SW Lego's since 1999.

This isn't so much a wishlist as it is a list of iconic Star Wars vehicles that still haven't received the Lego treatment.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine why certain vehicles have gone through three and four incarnations while others still haven't been made into sets. Here are the ones I'm surprised they haven't done yet:

Rebel Transport - Sure it's a (somewhat) boring cargo vessel, but I think they could make up for it with a lot of play features and small bonus vehicles.

Royal Starship - Despite being an iconic ship featured heavily in Ep. I this one proves problematic due to it's chromed body. I imagine this reason alone is why the ship hasn't been done.

Gian Speeder - Not sure why they haven't done this one.

Lars Family Speeder - This one probably doesn't qualify as "iconic", but I think it's well known enough to constitute a set.

E-Wing Starfighter - A very well known vehicle from the Expanded Universe. Now that they've done the TIE Defender I don't see any reason why they couldn't do the E-Wing.

So, what other iconic ships are you surprised that Lego hasn't done yet?

Most of those sets wouldn't sell well. The TIE Defender bombed, just like the TIE Crawler. EU sets sell horribly.

I personally would enjoy a Rebel Transport, but how many kids would? TLG takes only one shot a year on a risky set so to see all these in action will likely take a long time. And yes, the Royal Starship is too chrome-laden to be able to sell at a normal price point.
StoutFiles

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 am

StoutFiles wrote:Most of those sets wouldn't sell well. The TIE Defender bombed, just like the TIE Crawler. EU sets sell horribly.

Other examples notwithstanding, I would contend that the TIE Defender bombed not because it was an EU vehicle, but because it was $20 overpriced. Even for the uninitiated, it was easy to see that you weren't getting nearly as many pieces for $50 as you could in other sets, and it's obviously a pretty repetitive build and light on play features. That's what really did that model in IMO.

I would love to see more EU sets, as I'm sure many other AFOL's would, but that's a phenomenon that seems unique to our demographic, which only constitutes a tiny fraction of LEGO sales.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 am

How do you know the TIE Defender bombed? What constitutes bombing in this case? Because it is consistently on sale and/or clearance? I wouldn't be surprised it didn't do well, along with the TIE Crawler, mainly
MrCRskater wrote:because it was $20 overpriced.

Both TIEs were $50, and I initially passed for that reason alone. Had the sets been not been overpriced, I would have bought a couple of each. If Lego can do EU ships without jacking up the price like they've done with these two examples, I'm sure they'd sell. I'd bet an E-Wing would do well (come on LEGO!).
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Phenotype » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 am

StoutFiles wrote:I personally would enjoy a Rebel Transport, but how many kids would? TLG takes only one shot a year on a risky set so to see all these in action will likely take a long time.

I dunno, I'd say it's about as interesting as the Republic Frigate and it's received 2 models.

I agree about the TIE Defender bombing because of its price point. The TIE Interceptor was $20 in 2006, I imagine it was hard for a lot of people to justify spending $30 more for about 100 more pieces.

I'm curious to see if we'll get a Gian Speeder now that Ep. I will be re-released in 3D?
Phenotype

Postby Brickweiser » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Phenotype wrote:I'm curious to see if we'll get a Gian Speeder now that Ep. I will be re-released in 3D?

I'm thinking they will sooner do the Flash Speeder again, but technically the Gian has just as much right to be legoified, considering the Gian and Flash were given the same amount of screen time.
Brickweiser

Postby Dr.Lego » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 am

I don't think they should re design the Flash Speeder. The first one was AMAZING.
Yep that's right. No links!!
Dr.Lego

Postby Sharpie Clone » Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I heard there will be a new M.Falcon for the mid-2011 roll out. Any other news on what is coming soon? The first batch for 2011 was pretty disappointing IMO.
Sharpie Clone

Postby Drock » Sun May 15, 2011 6:26 pm

You are correct sharpie clone. Check ou this thread for more details viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4336

There may be more, but Off the top of my head I can think of these too:

Dathomir speeder
Ewok attack
Naboo fighter
Sith infiltrator
Anakin's and Sebulba's podracers
Republic frigate
Ultimate Collector Super Star Destroyer
Drock

Postby fallenangel327 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Sharpie Clone wrote:I heard there will be a new M.Falcon for the mid-2011 roll out. Any other news on what is coming soon? The first batch for 2011 was pretty disappointing IMO.

This really belongs here, but here's the complete list from Eurobricks:

Jan 2011
7868 Mace Windu's Starfighter SE
7869 Battle For Geonosis SE
7913 Clone Trooper BattlePack
7914 Mandalorian BattlePack
7915 Imperial V-Wing Fighter
7929 Battle Of Naboo
7930 Bounty Huter Gunship
7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle

June 2011
7956 Ewok Attack