Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby Raequan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 pm

MisterFubar wrote:I see a lot of people complaining about re-releases of ships and vehicles that have already been done, and a lot of people complaining that there aren't enough OT sets coming out.

What marketable ships are left from the OT for LEGO to make?

I know I'd like to see a Nebulon-B, or any of the Mon Cal cruisers but can any of those be pulled off in LEGO in a swooshable, salable size?

Midi-scale, dude. Midi-scale.
Raequan

Postby Robzula » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 pm

MisterFubar wrote:I see a lot of people complaining about re-releases of ships and vehicles that have already been done, and a lot of people complaining that there aren't enough OT sets coming out.

What marketable ships are left from the OT for LEGO to make?

I know I'd like to see a Nebulon-B, or any of the Mon Cal cruisers but can any of those be pulled off in LEGO in a swooshable, salable size?

Seriously, this. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that fanboys so frequently hate the thing they fanboy over.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby mrfootball » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I don't mind the remakes if they're actual improvements.

There's a ton of room for improving the B-wing. I've seen some incredible MOC b-wings that would be phenomenal releases if Lego decided to do so.

A "midi" Executor would be nice.

The X-Wing could be improved.
mrfootball

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:36 am

It's a good point that some of ya'll bring up regarding recycled sets. I really enjoyed the XWing that was available at TRU. I thought that was a good set. The B Wing wasn't terrible, but it was light years better than the first one. I'd rather see some different scenes than rehashed vehicles.
Gooker1

Postby Feralcom » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

I hope they continue the Midi-Sets. Better if they expand them past Walmart exclusives.

Though I grew up on the OT, I enjoy the Clone Wars sets the most. However, I love the OT Midi-sets because of their size and are the only sets that get displayed.
Feralcom

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 am

hi im new here but i have 2011 lego info here as i can see u know the 6 2011 sets are recently the guy with the rumours navytrooperfenson found the preliminary pics here is the info for all 6 sets.
clone trooper battle pack: comes with arf trooper 2 bomb squad troopers and clone trooper commando[ though if u watch the clone wars series you will realise the commando is actually 1 of eeth koths troopers in grievous intrigue] it also comes with a re-designed barc speeder.
mandalorian battle pack: 4 mandalorians mandalorian speeder bike tri-pod machine gun
imperial v-wing: comes with imperial pilot r2-q2 and v-wing in imperial colours.
battle of naboo: re-designed jar-jar gungan warrior 8 battle droids 2 battle droid pilots and battle droid carrier
bounty hunter gunship: the halo from episode 17 season 2 of clone wars series with assasin droid [new head piece] sugi embo and aurra sing.
t-6 jedi shuttle: comes with obi-wan quinlan vos shaak ti and saesee tinn
and here are the pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/navy_troop ... hotostream
what do you think?
anakinskywalker4

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 am

I think you're about two weeks too late there, bud. All that info is already well reported. ;-)
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:I think you're about two weeks too late there, bud. All that info is already well reported. ;-)

ok i just didnt see anyone post it on this topic so i thought id be nice and do it
anakinskywalker4

Postby Draykov » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:02 pm

anakinskywalker4 wrote:ok i just didnt see anyone post it on this topic so i thought id be nice and do it

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4336
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Pretty cool sets.....rather disappointed in not seeing any Classic Sets though.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Bellicose » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:Pretty cool sets.....rather disappointed in not seeing any Classic Sets though.

As mentioned previously - we haven't seen the exclusives yet, so who knows.
Bellicose

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:34 am

these are the sets i expect and being a lego fan my wholew life=14 years it is easy for me to expect what will be the august 2011 sets and seeing as they seem to be having a cw/pt year there are only 3 more ot sets i can think of 2 are endor battle packs for 2012!!!
republic stealth ship: the cloaked ship from clone wars season 2 episode 16. likely to include anakin skywalker yularen clone pilot and as exclusive figure admiral trench.
rgc-16 speeder with police barc speeder: 2 vehicles from clone wars season 2 episode 11. likely to include cassie cryar ione marcy and police droid.
self proppelled heavy artillery [spha-t]: from attack of the clones. includes 2 clone troopers 1 commander and yoda
a remake of the b-wing: the rebel alliance ship. comes with 2 rebel pilots and luke skywalker.
separatist super tank: from clone wars episode 6 season 2. comes with 2 geonosians luminara gree clone trooper buzz and 3 battle droids!!!
note: i tried to put pictures of each vehicle up but my computer wouldnt let me sorry
anakinskywalker4

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 am

Where are you guys getting all the hits and pictures about the new sets. To caveat that, the Imperial Shuttle came out on Sept 1 but there are reviews on it from Augest on Legos Shop at Home...how is this possible?
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Ted495 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 am

I was in my local lego store yesterday and I have to say, just from looking at the Space Shuttle and the Imperial shuttle side by side, for 99 dollars you really get a much cooler model. You also don't realize how BIG the NASA shuttle is, its easily the same size as the imperial shuttle.

Not to mention that the gear mechanism for the shuttle operates on different levers? Edit: the Wings

You could spend $327 and get Slave 1, Tantive IV, and this NASA shuttle vs 260 for the imperial shuttle with no boarding ramp.

I'm a bit disappointed in this model.
Ted495

Postby meeotch » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:45 am

Ted495 wrote:I was in my local lego store yesterday and I have to say, just from looking at the Space Shuttle and the Imperial shuttle side by side, for 99 dollars you really get a much cooler model. You also don't realize how BIG the NASA shuttle is, its easily the same size as the imperial shuttle.

Not to mention that the gear mechanism for the shuttle operates on different levers? Edit: the Wings

You could spend $327 and get Slave 1, Tantive IV, and this NASA shuttle vs 260 for the imperial shuttle with no boarding ramp.

I'm a bit disappointed in this model.

I don't really understand most of what you said, but the part in red really has me perplexed. I could spend $1000 and get the Slave 1, Tantive IV, the NASA shuttle, a Green Grocer, a Taj Mahal, a couple of large Cars DUPLO sets for my son, a few Creator houses, and round it out with a few Pick-a-Brick cups and Bricklink orders, but that hardly seems a fair comparison to make against a single $260 set.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby starwarslegosforever » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Great, now they've ruined the v-wing starfighter by making it an imperial fighter instead of making it as a republic fighter which would've been much more relevant do to the fact that you only see the imperial version for three seconds at the end of Star Wars Epsiode III plus now we can't add it to the republic army that a lot of us are tying to build.
starwarslegosforever

Postby The Brain » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Look, I realize using the comma and/or occasional period is really difficult to do (I mean, capitalization and advanced punctuation--let alone syntax--are almost out of the question), but is it possible that a minimal effort could be made sometimes? It is actually almost impossible to figure out what exactly some people are trying to say on the internet.

And forgive me if I sound overly snide/uppity/sarcastic/what have you. I'm just really fed up with zero-punctuation posts.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby hockeyboy89 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 pm

LOUD NOISES!!!!!

And is the ramp REALLY a deal breaker with the shuttle? Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.
hockeyboy89

Postby meeotch » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 pm

The Brain wrote:And forgive me if I sound overly snide/uppity/sarcastic/what have you. I'm just really fed up with zero-punctuation posts.

Hey now, I see a period, a comma, and an apostrophe in there.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Diaaabo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm

starwarslegosforever wrote:Great, now they've ruined the v-wing starfighter by making it an imperial fighter instead of making it as a republic fighter which would've been much more relevant do to the fact that you only see the imperial version for three seconds at the end of Star Wars Epsiode III plus now we can't add it to the republic army that a lot of us are tying to build.

Good thing about Lego is that you can do whatever you want with the parts. So if you don't really like this version, you can substitute some parts with dark red and make it a republic ship. As for the pilot, same thing: trade it for some version of a clone pilot. I'm an army builder myself and I don't think it's bad if TLG gives us a slightly different vessel.
Diaaabo

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars