Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 am

One thing I'd like to know: Why haven't we seen a podracer set of any shape or size since 2003 (and those were just MINIs, we have seen a minifig scaled podracer since 2001)? If LEGO is so fond of these ridiculously priced $200 sets then fine, give us a set with all 16 podracers including their pilots for $200. Or release them individually as $10 - $20 sets. I don't really care, but Podracers please.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 am

theJudeAbides wrote:One thing I'd like to know: Why haven't we seen a podracer set of any shape or size since 2003 (and those were just MINIs, we have seen a minifig scaled podracer since 2001)? If LEGO is so fond of these ridiculously priced $200 sets then fine, give us a set with all 16 podracers including their pilots for $200. Or release them individually as $10 - $20 sets. I don't really care, but Podracers please.

I am a little surprised that they haven't redone Anakin's Pod at least. But you KNOW each Pod would cost at LEAST $25 these days, so your complete podrace set would be more like $400, and probably more because it would include some stands and Jabba. More likely would be a set with just Anakin and Sebulba's pods, some small stands, and a slew of minifigs found nowhere else (Shmi, Watto, Padme, Fode and Beed, etc.) with a cost of $150.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am

I've probably said it before (as have many others) but I REALLY would like to see another Cloud Car, done a bit bigger, and in the proper color, and as long as I'm dreaming, include a Cloud City-style Lando fig with it (probably wouldn't happen, though, as they can always make him exclusive to a new Cloud City set, and he wouldn't require any new molds, so he wouldn't "justify" charging $50 for the cloud car set.) ;)
Mister Ed

Postby fallenangel327 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

With the 20th anniversary of Zahn's Heir to the Empire coming up (as well as the EU sets LEGO has been releasing lately) I demand LEGO sets based on the Thrawn Trilogy. (Because we're tired of "new" snowspeeders LEGO.) Seeing as the Slave I (a ship seen for less than ten seconds in the original film) was rereleased three times, why not the Wild Karrde, a Skipray Blastboat, or a Chimera playset (basically a better 6211) featuring Thrawn himself? (The Cad Bane face might work for Thrawn.) And maybe we'll finally get a Mara Jade minifigure. Classic EU would be a great counter to all the Clone Wars-based sets we've been seeing lately.

Other EU possibilities include:
K-wing bomber (Black Fleet Crisis in the '90s)
Witches on Dathomir (The Courtship of Princess Leia - and we might finally get some Rancors)
E-wing fighter (seen everywhere in EU)
Tandem X-wing (Crimson Empire)
The list goes on and on...
fallenangel327

Postby HoboBob1138 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am

fallenangel327 wrote:With the 20th anniversary of Zahn's Heir to the Empire coming up (as well as the EU sets LEGO has been releasing lately) I demand LEGO sets based on the Thrawn Trilogy. (Because we're tired of "new" snowspeeders LEGO.) Seeing as the Slave I (a ship seen for less than ten seconds in the original film) was rereleased three times, why not the Wild Karrde, a Skipray Blastboat, or a Chimera playset (basically a better 6211) featuring Thrawn himself? (The Cad Bane face might work for Thrawn.) And maybe we'll finally get a Mara Jade minifigure. Classic EU would be a great counter to all the Clone Wars-based sets we've been seeing lately.

THIS!!! Except for the Cad Bane face for Thrawn, but they could figure something out. I love Zahn's Thrawn trilogy and duology.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby Solscud007 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:24 pm

could we see some 30th anni sets in 2013 for ROTJ?

Im hoping for Leia in Bounty Hunter suit

also a new millenium falcon but with Lando, and the rest who were in the MF during the Death star II battle
Solscud007

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:37 am

Here's hoping for some 40th anniversary sets in 2017 for ANH.
Master Fetty

Postby Drock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 am

Master Fetty wrote:Here's hoping for some 40th anniversary sets in 2017 for ANH.

bu...bu...bu...but, the license ends in 2011.

:facepalm: myself :facepalm:
Drock

Postby fallenangel327 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Let's not bring up that overdone "the license ends in 2011" line, it's starting to get annoying.

We already got the Falcon from Jedi:
http://brickset.com/detail/?set=7778-1 It's a bit strange that LEGO would choose to represent the version of one of the most iconic ships in Star Wars that appeared in the least iconic of the original trilogy (in other words, the feel and style of the film was different from the first two and less characteristic.)

There are pretty much only two ways we would get a "Boushh Leia":
A Shadows of the Empire-themed LEGO line
A $400+ Jabba's Palace playset

The latter would probably be more likely with LEGO's history of big playsets (along the lines of the Endor bunker playset, perhaps) but I think the former would make sense as well. (Seeing as we have a third rendition of Fett's Slave I - with Bossk - it's only logical that LEGO would give us an IG-2000 to blow to bits and/or Zuckuss and 4-LOM minifigures to board Fett's ship. Given LEGO's recent trend with making molds of obscure bounty hunters and assassin droids, it's not that unlikely. Heck, maybe they'll even give us a Hound's Tooth as an opportunity to reuse the Bossk mold.)
fallenangel327

Postby Master Fetty » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:31 pm

fallenangel327 wrote:We already got the Falcon from Jedi:
http://brickset.com/detail/?set=7778-1 It's a bit strange that LEGO would choose to represent the version of one of the most iconic ships in Star Wars that appeared in the least iconic of the original trilogy (in other words, the feel and style of the film was different from the first two and less characteristic.)

I've read that four times now and I still can not make any sense of it.
Master Fetty

Postby brownie69yov4 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Im with Masterjetty, I have no idea what fallenangel was talking about. Nothing about the midi-scaled Falcon suggests its from ROTJ... I'm sure that in 3 years, for the 30th of Jedi, we will see another falcon, with Landon and Nien Numb (Sp?). Maybe a little larger, with some more detail and construction techniques used on the UCS Falcon...

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 am

I think I know what he means... the box shows the MF with the Death Star II on the background. Even tho the ship hasn't got any differences, I assume that's why he says it's from the ROTJ movie.
Diaaabo

Postby Darth Atrar » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:43 am

i would personally like a Cis cruiser like the providence class or lucrehulk class cruisers. or maybe some assault-style ships like the acclamator for the old republic, the victory class 2 for the empire, the munificent for the cis and the corellian corvette or GR-75 medium transport for the rebel alliance. another set i would like to see is the Jedi Temple, so I could see what Operation: Knightfall was like in lego scale. :|
Darth Atrar

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 am

Solscud007 wrote:could we see some 30th anni sets in 2013 for ROTJ?

Im hoping for Leia in Bounty Hunter suit

also a new millenium falcon but with Lando, and the rest who were in the MF during the Death star II battle

I like both of those ideas, and i can see them both happening too.

I really can't stand the EU stuff, but that's just me. I know there's a market out there for them...just not sure if it's a profitable one for Lego.
Gooker1

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Regarding my comment about the Falcon, two things are clear about the ship:
1. Multiple models of various sizes were used in filming.
2. In-universe, the ship is more or less a work in progress. Han keeps modifying and de-modifying the Falcon; a good example is the "lightning gun" seen in Dark Empire II.

From both points it can be concluded that the Falcon has varying proportions and sizes, something that is evident in the films. The difference in the number of landing "feet" between Star Wars and Empire are an example, as is the apparent changing size of the mandibles and the six round vent-like structures in the rear or the presence of the "dish". Along with the box art, screenshots of the Falcon from Jedi appear to correspond more closely to the 7778 than the studio model from Star Wars shown at the Magic of Myth exhibition:
Image (From Jedi.)
Image (Also from Jedi. The top picture is rotated, but not stretched.)
Image (At the Magic of Myth exhibtion.)
Image (From the Lucasfilm archives; it's stated to be the model used in Star Wars, and details seem to correspond with the model at Magic of Myth.)

If anyone wants to debate or put up more comparison pictures, feel free to do so, but until then my stance remains that 7778 is intended to be the ship from Jedi.
fallenangel327

Postby legomatt » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 am

I think it's more likely that Lego said "Let's make a midi-scale Falcon", then the designer took lots of reference material which was likely to be from various sources (all three OT films and possibly some blue print sketches/models), and did the best job possible. What we have is a Lego Falcon, it is the millenium falcon from the star wars films as seen through the lens of Lego.

I don't think it's any particular one, at least not by intent, and to be honest, i think the fact that the ship varies over the course of the films is as much a result of the vagaries of film making as it is story driven... we just rationalise after the event using whatever dialogue or events we can to make it more plausible, such as "i've made a few modifications myself" i.e. whatever changes i now spot will be Han's handy-work... or battle damage, etc... and nothing to do with the design team making a sleeker model for the next film. But back to topic...

I don't think there would be any intent to create New Hope Falcon or Empire Falcon or ROTJ Falcon, beyond whatever reference material they ended up referring to the most. It could very well be that they referred mostly to a ROTJ Still, but i doubt there was as much intent to do so. However, i am happy to stand corrected... I don't think it matters though, it's a great model.
legomatt

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:54 am

The license has been renewed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD It said it on Brickipedia!!! http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars Woo Hoo
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2

Postby Draykov » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 am

Without any citation whatsoever. While it wouldn't be surprising if the license is held for some time, this hardly qualifies as a "confirmation" of an extension beyond 2011. It's a wiki for cryin' out loud. Grains of salt should be taken by all who would dwell there.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby The Brain » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Yes, but haven't we received verbal confirmation from Steve a while ago that they will be sure to 'hold on to the license' or something like that?
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Re: [NEW STUFF] 2011 SW Sets

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:56 pm

I see a lot of people complaining about re-releases of ships and vehicles that have already been done, and a lot of people complaining that there aren't enough OT sets coming out.

What marketable ships are left from the OT for LEGO to make?

I know I'd like to see a Nebulon-B, or any of the Mon Cal cruisers but can any of those be pulled off in LEGO in a swooshable, salable size?
MisterFubar

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars