Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby Comander Jarhead » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:41 pm

I think Lego should come out with a Yavin 4 base or Endor battle packs.

Rebel Pack
3 endor rebels
2 Ewoks
a catapult

Imperial Pack
3 Scout troopers
1 Officer
1 Strormtrooper
a speeder bike
Last edited by Comander Jarhead on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comander Jarhead

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 am

Great predictions, Jude. Many of your forecasts hold up to a fair amount of scrutiny, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were at least 60% accurate. To hit on a few of your points:

theJudeAbides wrote:- I'd like to see a smaller-sized ($15-$25) OT set. Since both the Cloud Car and T-16 Skyhopper have only seen one release in LEGO history, and those were both well over 5 years ago, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them.

YES PLEASE!!! These are both overdue for an overhaul, and despite our grumblings about price, I would gladly pay $25 for one of these if they were done up right like the recent Luke's Landspeeder.
theJudeAbides wrote:. . .although a Dagobah Swamp/Yoda's Hut Playset could be fun (and possibly used as an excuse to release a new, more expensive X-Wing).

Uh, hate to burst your bubble, but that's been done. Though I wouldn't mind seeing it re-released, updated, or expanded. . .
theJudeAbides wrote:- We'll probably see a new Midi ship. I think the X-Wing and/or Y-Wing are likely options for this, since they're very well known ships (and we haven't seen a NEW X-Wing since 2006).

I do have to disagree with you here. Though another Midi ship is very likely, it seems that the purpose of the Midi line is to offer larger ships at an affordable rate. If you couldn't muster the $500 for a UCS Falcon, or $300 for the UCS Star Destroyer, now you can have your pick for just $40. I don't think they'll be downsizing the starfighters for this purpose, but maybe we'll see another capital ship, like a Corellian Corvette, Venator, or maybe a Slave I. Doubtful it'll be a starfighter, though.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby vynsane » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:40 am

MrCRskater wrote:I do have to disagree with you here. Though another Midi ship is very likely, it seems that the purpose of the Midi line is to offer larger ships at an affordable rate. If you couldn't muster the $500 for a UCS Falcon, or $300 for the UCS Star Destroyer, now you can have your pick for just $40. I don't think they'll be downsizing the starfighters for this purpose, but maybe we'll see another capital ship, like a Corellian Corvette, Venator, or maybe a Slave I. Doubtful it'll be a starfighter, though.

Yes, I believe we'll see more capital ships in the Midi line, like those you've listed, as well as the Acclamator, Nebula B Frigate ('medical frigate' from the battle of Endor), Home One, Droid Control Ship, etc.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby cdl444 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 pm

I think we should see a battle pack centered around the skiff in episode 6. It could include the skiff and some of jabbas henchmen. And although I hate the clone wars series because in my opinion Lucas is just beating the corpse of star wars I do like some of the new clones, so maybe another battle pack with an asortment of clones would be nicve
cdl444

Postby banthafodder » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 pm

If we should see a CW battle pack this year, how about a Geonosan battle pack? We haven't seen them for years in Lego form and they have been highlighted in the series. It would be a great way to build up to an arena scene.
banthafodder

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 pm

^ That's not a bad idea, banthafodder, I'd forgotten about the Geonosians. However, I do agree it would be nice to see some again since we haven't seen them in a while. They could include that giant blaster thing they were seen using in Ep. II during the arena battle. To go with them, they could create an Ep. II Clone battle pack, which I don't think we've seen (most of the clones in BPs have been Ep. III/CW clones).
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Drock » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 am

I would even like a Geonosian Fighter (in CW style of course). Who knows though. It may not happen since it looks too similar to Darth Tyrannosaurus's Solar Sailer that's still available.
Drock

2011 Rumors

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:46 pm

There are more legitimate rumors about the 2011 rumors, by KimT and Navy Trooper Fenson:

7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack (Clone Trooper, ARF/C (?) Trooper & Bomb Squad Trooper 14,99 EUR
7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack (3 Mandalorians?) 14,99 EUR
7915 Imperial V-Wing Star Fighter 26,99 EUR
7929 The Battle Of Naboo 29,99 EUR
7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship 49,99 EUR
7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle ("Fett Ship"?) 69,99 EUR

The reason that they are more legitimate is because they are collected from several different rumors.

*Hopes that prices are just premature*
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Re: 2011 Rumors

Postby Flynn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:There are more legitimate rumors about the 2011 rumors, by KimT and Navy Trooper Fenson:

Already? Goodness, can't we be satisfied with what we have rather than be constantly on the lookout for new stuff?

Anyways,

7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack (Clone Trooper, ARF/C (?) Trooper & Bomb Squad Trooper 14,99 EUR

Another one?

7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack (3 Mandalorians?) 14,99 EUR

Meh.

7915 Imperial V-Wing Star Fighter 26,99 EUR

Meh.

7929 The Battle Of Naboo 29,99 EUR

Could be good, probably won't be.

7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship 49,99 EUR
7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle ("Fett Ship"?) 69,99 EUR

These last two have me confused, likely because I don't watch The Clone Wars. They'll most likely be 'meh' as well.

*Hopes that prices are just premature*

Oh, don't worry- the real prices will be even higher.
Last edited by Flynn on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: 2011 Rumors

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:22 pm

I like the prices on that wave much better. This wave killed my crap I don't need budget for a month or two.
MisterFubar

What would be the latest SW figure you'd like to see?

Postby Marty » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:17 am

Today, I picked up the new Slave 1, and was totally blown away by how good the figures have improved, I was very tempted to get the Emperors shuttle for the same reason, the medic droid, Darth & the emperor look excellent.
Which got me thinking, if Lego is going to make excellent figures like these, what would be the next one that would stand out from the crowd?
For me personally I'd love to see a proper IG88 or Leia Boushh, infact any of the Bounty hunters, old or new would do it for me, what are your thoughts?
Keep up the good work, these figures are like brilliant!
Marty

Postby legomatt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 am

Personally if they do anything from episode 1, i'd like to see it involve queen amidala in all her finery. For me that red dress was as iconic for the prequel as darth maul, Jedi Knights, and the pod race. It's quite astounding that the Queen hasn't been done yet. She even featured on the Lego logo at the time.

If those rumoured releases are true, i won't need to buy anything (thankfully! As this year has been a price-hike nightmare). I'd like to see them fill in a few gaps from the key sequences than retread ground with yet more clone troopers. Such as Kenobi's homestead complete with some ambushing Sand People, and a holographic projection of leia (small transparent-blue leia shaped thing like the series 2 karate-prize); The Rancor sequence.

I'm beginning to increasingly suspect that the recent price hikes together with uninspired releases (re-hashes) have a lot to do with the massive amount of investment that must have gone into the Lego Universe game. I'm beginning to think we're ALL paying for it, one way or another. And that proposed 2011 release rumour only adds to my suspicion.
legomatt

Re: What would be the latest SW figure you'd like to see?

Postby Drock » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:36 am

Marty wrote:if Lego is going to make excellent figures like these, what would be the next one that would stand out from the crowd? For me personally I'd love to see a proper IG88 or Leia Boushh, infact any of the Bounty hunters, old or new would do it for me, what are your thoughts?
Keep up the good work, these figures are like brilliant!

With all the rubber heads being made these days, maybe next is a "Battle of Mos Eisley" (going the the set name theme here ;) ). Lots of quirky aliens in the cantina for which the rubber heads would be good."
Drock

Postby Bellicose » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 pm

You know, thinking about it today, I wish the battle packs were simply just more cannon fodder troopers that you have to have in high numbers, and not some bogus prop or vehicle. Specifically, the current packs - I wish the imperial pack had all snowtroopers and no missile platform, and the rebel pack all troops, no Zev Senesca (after all, he is in the Wampa Cave set) and no Ice Cutter vehicle. I just want minifigs, and a large amount of them for scenes or dioramas! I think by deleting the vehicles inside, it'd be nicer to have 5 or 6 figs instead of 4, only two of which are the ones you need. The Imperial set is a perfect example - I don't need another AT-AT driver or Imperial snow officer - they come with the AT-AT sets. While I won't complain about getting a speeder bike, honestly I'd have preferred to have had 5 or 6 snowtroopers instead.

If we HAVE to have a vehicle included, I'd have rather have had 4 snowtroopers with an E-Web, and 4 rebel troops with a turret - but those are why the Echo Base set exists (along with a tauntaun). But more often than not, the vehicle of the battle packs becomes spare parts for me to use elsewhere.

If we're going to do battle packs, do them, and give us the army of figures we want.
Bellicose

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:57 am

Bellicose wrote:. . . I wish the battle packs were simply just more cannon fodder troopers that you have to have in high numbers, and not some bogus prop or vehicle. . . I think by deleting the vehicles inside, it'd be nicer to have 5 or 6 figs instead of 4. . .

If we're going to do battle packs, do them, and give us the army of figures we want.

Apparently, you missed the memo on the minifigure packs back in 2001. Upon their release, Hasbro got pissed because they felt that it infringed on their action figure line (an exclusive contract they had with Lucasfilm) and I believe they took legal action against LEGO. As far as I know, it still stands that Hasbro is the only company with the rights to produce and market Star Wars action figures.

You say that in an ideal world, these packs would include only minifigs and possibly armament. As an army-builder, that may be true, but even if you upsized the fig count to 6 and downsized the bricks to a simple artillery cannon (as you suggest), that inarguably falls too close to the definition of "action figure pack," and therefore would put LEGO in a world of legal trouble. So as it stands, you should probably count your blessings because it seems like LEGO has tried to do all they can to step up the minifig counts across the board.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Robzula » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:55 pm

But he then brings up an excellent point that if they can only give us so much, they should give us something we actually want. In an army builder pack, why should I get a pilot (especially a named one!) when I'll get him in a spaceship set, or why should I get an AT-AT driver without an AT-AT? This latest wave should have just been Rebel Troopers and Snowtroopers (the officer would maybe be fine to have included). As it stands, I'm only buying one of each and that's just for the collector in me. I don't want 10 AT-AT drivers sitting in the lounge waiting for their turn to drive the one AT-AT.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Sarge » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Call me a dreamer...

Why can't the Battle of Naboo be something in the city? It was a two pronged battle. The speeder with Padme, Tanaka (?), and some droids. Works for me. Although Padme, Quigon, Obi-wan, Darth Maul, and a Droid could be cool.
Sarge

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

The announced 2011 line doesn't seem all that great. No original Trilogy sets? Come on LEGO, we all know you're milking cash from AFOLS with those big expensive playsets and UCS sets! :p
The only set I would even be remotely interested in is the "Battle of Naboo" thing, but I think it will likely turn out much like the Hoth base set (in other words, a big FAIL).

I think that we seriously need more sets in the $10-$15 range rather than battlepacks. I like nice minifigures, but not that much. (Too expensive- action figures/model kits are better for this purpose.) If LEGO could put out ONE generic "droid starfighter" or "vulture droid" set instead of jacking up prices by putting them in as "extras" I would be happy. Especially with this "Clone Wars" hype. (They could also just keep battle packs on the market longer... I actually don't want any more new ones. They're getting tiring.)

I would buy more midi-scaled sets if they were more movie-accurate. Midi-scale sets are great for displaying and swooshing. Some candidates would include an AT-AT, the Executor, the Tantive IV, the Redemption (that's pushing it but come on), and if LEGO must put out sets from the Prequels, the Radiant VII, a Venator, an Acclamator, the Invisible Hand, and those large donut ships we see in The Phantom Menace.

legomatt brings up a good point with LEGO Universe. (Is LEGO unaware that everybody is already too busy on WoW and Facebook? :lol: )
fallenangel327

Postby Draykov » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 am

I've said this before, but since LEGO has been pretty liberal of late with new molds, I'll say it again: please give us a real R5 head. Not necessarily with detailed features beyond what we'd see typically printed for a droid head. Just the correct general shape. Maybe an R4 unit as well while we're at it.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Plo Koon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 pm

I would love to see the Star Forge from KOTOR and the Executor.
Plo Koon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars