Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby Tyrant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:59 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Well, there is the index of SW MOCs on EB...

That's not really helpful. No link and what you are talking about, assuming I know the right spot because again no link, is an index of pics of finished products. I'm assuming you meant this. TwistedFate's quote with important parts bolded
TwistedFate wrote:I haven't seen a lot of the AFOL world, I've only been out of my Dark Age for a couple of weeks and working on finishing my thesis for a lot of that, but the ones I have seen have shown a distinct aversion to sharing anything other than pics of their work. I don't want to generalize all of you under that umbrella, but could a lack of community support be why there isn't such a site? Or have I just seen the unhelpful side of the hobby?

It seems to me like he has no problem finding pics of finished work. He's after "how to" type discussion if I am understanding him correctly.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby TwistedFate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Tyrant wrote:He's after "how to" type discussion if I am understanding him correctly.

Close, the discussion was about LEGO not releasing EU sets because only SW nerds would be interested. Someone mentioned TLG could just create the instructions and distribute them and we could assemble the parts and build them ourselves, but that is not likely to ever happen. My suggestion was for fans to do it and create a site for it.

Your bold section of that quote was just a possible explanation for a why a site like this doesn't already exist.

I don't necessarily "want" how-to articles for myself, though I do read them from time to time.

EDIT: I did find this site, but it seems a little clumsy to use. http://www.cubiculus.com/index.html
TwistedFate

Postby Tyrant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:34 pm

TwistedFate wrote:
Tyrant wrote:He's after "how to" type discussion if I am understanding him correctly.

Close, the discussion was about LEGO not releasing EU sets because only SW nerds would be interested. Someone mentioned TLG could just create the instructions and distribute them and we could assemble the parts and build them ourselves, but that is not likely to ever happen. My suggestion was for fans to do it and create a site for it.

Your bold section of that quote was just a possible explanation for a why a site like this doesn't already exist.

I don't necessarily "want" how-to articles for myself, though I do read them from time to time.

EDIT: I did find this site, but it seems a little clumsy to use. http://www.cubiculus.com/index.html

My mistake then.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Marty » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Ahh yes.... More chances to come up with things Lego Might make?

Well... First off has to be the Banthers, never seen them, but would very much like too.
Next comes a decent detailed interior version of the minifigure falcon with sound and lights, somewhere in between 2nd & UCS one in scale should do.
Cantina with band of course, this has been long overdue.
Rebel base of Yavin something like this has been made by the Lego bigwigs I know, but it would be nice to be able to buy it.
Medical bay for Luke in Hoth, and a bounty hunter collection, with the scene from the star destroyer.
I think this should cover a few nice sets.
Marty

Postby HoboBob1138 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:30 pm

^I think you mean banthas

I would like to see the Sun Crusher plus a redo of Zam's speeder probably as a standalone set.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby legomatt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:04 am

Everything Marty said, i pretty much agree with.

Complete Cantina, including band, done in a similar way to castle sets. i.e. they can 'open up' to access all areas, and close shut for a 360 view of the outside.

Hoth Rebel base, I'd like to see them consider the 'big picture' with that. i.e. design a basic layout for an entire complex, then make sections (the key film scenes) of the complex as individual sets... if you buy them all, they would link together seamlessly to form a whole base to play out the Hoth escape, or just buy the dioramas you like. This would also mean you create a mix-n-match base that is easily affordable for people on budgets, but can build up to something bigger.
legomatt

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:38 am

I have been a lsw collector since 1999 and i was sorta upset when i found out in 2004 about pale minifigs and i have a mass collection of both yellow minifig sets and pale minifig sets and i think tlg should remake all the 1999-2004 sets with pale minifigs
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2

Postby Draykov » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 am

DarthR2-D2 wrote:...and i think tlg should remake all the 1999-2004 sets with pale minifigs

While we may eventually see flesh-colored versions of all the yellow figs released between 1999-2004, your proposed solution will likely never happen.

Also, your complete lack of punctuation begs that I call your attention to this thread. While dW's post doesn't cover the subtle use of "your friend at the end: Mr. Period" explicitly, it's still a good read.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 pm

And also Madame Capitals.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby mr_joshua » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

You hit just what I was thinking legomatt. I loved the way you could attach the two smaller sets to Jabba's palace. If they did hoth that way, or even rooms in the Death Star, I would be all over them. It made it easy for me to buy the two smaller sets and then gave me justification to buy the bigger one to attach them to. I recently rebuilt my Cloud City set and was thinking the same thing, all these 'rooms' attach to one another, why couldn't they have just sold them separately?

Also, I agree with Draykov.

The whole 'help my uncle Jack' phrase comes to mind.
mr_joshua

Better detail, possible re-releases?

Postby CommanderKeller » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 pm

With the release of new, more detailed minifigures, do any of you want/think we will see a re-release of some custom casted creatures? I would love to see a little more detail added to Jabba, the dewback and maybe an episode 2 set with those gladiator creatures. Just some food for thought.
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Re: Better detail, possible re-releases?

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:53 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the episode 1 figs re released such as Watto, Sebulba, and, don't throw anything, even Jar-Jar. Compared to what's coming out now those were hideous.
banthafodder

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:40 am

I was on Wookieepedia today. and I saw this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Star_Wars_III:_The_Clone_Wars. I wasn't sure about it. On Lucasarts it still says autumn 2010 but on Wookieepedia it says 2011. Explanation?
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:00 pm

DarthR2-D2 wrote:On Lucasarts it still says autumn 2010 but on Wookieepedia it says 2011. Explanation?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the wiki is out of date? Amazon has a release date of October 2010 listed for this title.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Draykov wrote:
DarthR2-D2 wrote:On Lucasarts it still says autumn 2010 but on Wookieepedia it says 2011. Explanation?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the wiki is out of date? Amazon has a release date of October 2010 listed for this title.

What About now with the new forum?
DarthR2-D2

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm

DarthR2-D2 wrote:What About now with the new forum?

I'm not sure I know what you mean...but with wikis and user generated content, sometimes stuff is...inaccurate.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:55 am

DarthR2-D2

Postby Master Fetty » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:42 am

It's quite obviously fake. Its a really bad photoshop job/ship design.

Plus - that post is from 2009. Surley that would have rang alarm bells.
Master Fetty

Postby Solo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:33 am

That's someone's MOC from last year that they couldn't pass off as real back then, why would anyone think it's real now that the box designs are changing? (Let alone the reused and out of place tank wedge patterns and bad photoshop)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby loop » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 am

well, my wishlist for future lego star wars boxes is :

- the "Naboo royal starship" with chrome color. (minifigs: padme amidala, queen amidala double, r2d2, obiwan, quigon)
- the Vader's super-stardestroyer (Star Dreadnought)
- an ewoks battle pack
loop

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars