Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Is a new cloudcity set possible?

Postby legomatt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

I agree, ThatGuyWithTheBricks, it probably is a lot better up close (but i don't have it), so if my post came across as a harsh i didn't mean it to. I expect each of the individual elements and sections work really well, but for me it just didn't quite capture the 'look' of cloud city. Which is mostly what i'd like to recreate.
I'm not sure 'movie accurate' is what i'd go for, but as a play set goes The Death Star sets a good example of how one can retain the character of the locations combined with functional play elements. So I think it's very possible to do a cloud city equivalent, retaining the decor and style as well as incorporating functional scene elements.

Perhaps i'm aiming too high, but that's what Lego is all about right? Adding a brick here and there, knocking it all down again, making something better, and better, and better.

But as far as original post goes, i'd agree to any re-release of the Bespin minifigs. :)
legomatt

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Believe me, it has some of the best play features of a LSW set. Plus, Cloud City wasn't really as important as the Death Star, and not nearly as much scenes.

On the topic of the Death Star, it looks like TLG will be making a Cantina scene in similar style as the Death Star. We'll probably get more sandtroopers, a dewback, Greedo, Jabba(?), and hopefully a Lego bantha!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:On the topic of the Death Star, it looks like TLG will be making a Cantina scene in similar style as the Death Star. We'll probably get more sandtroopers, a dewback, Greedo, Jabba(?), and hopefully a Lego bantha!

Where did you get that info?
Diaaabo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 pm

There was a question about it in the survey. I say it's a strong possibility because I get a lot of AFOLs would want that.
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Marty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks for the replies so far, they've been a great insight into wether one might work. I was very interested in the info that Lego might be considering a cantina, as since I owned at one stage, both the cloud city and the cantina set, I could see that there was a possibility that a remake might be in the cards if it drew enough interest.
It seems there is!
Now back to my original thread, I always thought that when the people at Lego put their mind to it, they could achieve anything, and lately with some things, it's been true, but with the cloud city set it wasn't to be.
I think they let the freezing chamber down 'big time!' and if they released an updated version I'd hope they'd re-think the lifting platform and include and overhead clamps to lift the carbon-han. It doesn't have to be a huge set, but it has to be well thought out, it's in the detail people?
The fact that the cloud city was built in sections, was not a bad idea either, as each section could be built as a set in it'self making it easier to afford. Each scene build as a set and together make up a complete version of the story.
It's a thought, regards Marty
Marty

Postby vynsane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:There was a question about it in the survey. I say it's a strong possibility because I get a lot of AFOLs would want that.

In the recent survey, the options you could choose from were all populated by the 'suggest your own' box, and picked out at random when the page loaded, so there's really nothing concrete about that.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, obviously they would choose ones that were popular/common to display. Plus, it was well-worded, and sounded like something edited
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Re: LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby vynsane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I seriously wouldn't put too much credence behind it - the suggestions I added were well-worded, too ;) I took the survey twice and got completely different options each time.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby turtle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 am

Maybe TLG will take the camel from the Prince of Persia line, recast it in white, cast a different head and give us a nice looking lego Eopie. Maybe revisit Ep. I.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eopie
turtle

Postby Diaaabo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

turtle wrote:Maybe TLG will take the camel from the Prince of Persia line, recast it in white, cast a different head and give us a nice looking lego Eopie. Maybe revisit Ep. I.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eopie

I thought about that the other day, would be cool.
Diaaabo

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Here's a few ideas for cool and completely new SW sets that I think would be awesome.

Episode I:

Gungan Catapult-$25-Includes one of the larger style Gungan catapults seen in Episode I, a Kaadu, Captain Tarpals, Gungan warrior, and 1or 2 battle droids. Let's face it, the only Lego Gungan opposition ever released was Gungan Patrol, so it would be cool to be able to further flesh out a Lego Battle of Grassy Plains scene and get Tarpals too.

Gian Speeder-$20-Includes a slick purple Gian Speeder, Captain Panaka, Naboo Security Guard, and a battle droid. This would be the PERFECT way to release Panaka as a minifig. Plus you get purple bricks! Remember, a Gian speeder fires the first shots in the Battle of Theed.

Clone Wars

Mandalorian Shuttle-$60-$70-Includes the shuttle (likely scaled down) seen in the episode "The Mandalore Plot" and 2 of those small swoops, as well as Obi-Wan, Duchess Satine, Pre Vizsla, and 2 Deathwatch Mandalorians. Not only would you get a ton of fabulous figs, it would be cool to see the shuttle's wing rotation for landing done in Lego form.

Episode III

Emergency Firespeeder-$40-Well why the heck not? It's got more screen time than a lot of other sets Lego has produced (like the T-16 from 2003, another civilian craft). We even get a great shot of what the pilot looks like (for minifig purposes). The set would of course include the firespeeder and at least one pilot, but maybe Lego would be kind enough to give us two?

Darth Vader's Interceptor-$20- This would be the green and white Eta-2 that Vader is seen traveling to Mustafar in pretty much immediately after he aids Palpatine in Mace Windu's death and is given the name Vader. Of course, it would be the 4th iteration of this ship, but it's a slick fighter and you'd get a "troubled young Vader" figure, along with R2.
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby starwarslegosforever » Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 am

if star wars legos decides to renew its contract for a few more years (which they probably will) it would be a dream to see a remake of the HAV A6 Juggernaut (Clone Turbo Tank) but this time it should be a huge UCS, exclusive (which ever you want to call it) version. why you may ask? the older version's size isn't true to the turbo tank's massive stature. if they did do a remake the deminsions shouldn't be any smalller than 35-45 inches in length, 10-15 inches in width, and 25-30 inches in heigth (including the elevating mast). it should be dedicated to ep. 3 which means it should come with 18-20 phase 2 clone troopers (reasonable amount considering it's lego) and just to throw in, maybe a BARC speeder and AT-RT. it would be neat to see a commander gree included as well (to keep with Kashyyyk theme). you know this would have to have 3000-4000 pieces so it would probably be priced at 400-500$ at least!

if they can't make this, i guess a UT-AT would be just as good. :)
starwarslegosforever

Postby Solo » Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 am

starwarslegosforever wrote:if star wars legos decides to renew its contract for a few more years

It's already been confirmed that the license will continue.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

^When did that happen? I'd been keeping an eye to see if it was 'cos I thought they'd be renewing soon with a 2011 expiry on it. Completely missed the news.
Jabba the Taff

Postby ItsTwentyBelow » Fri May 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Here's another idea for a great Episode III set:

Republic UT-AT-$50-Includes Ki-Adi Mundi, Commander Bacara, and 1 or 2 Galactic Marines. A UT-AT is seen being destroyed by Octuparra droids on Mygeeto in Episode III shortly before Ki Adi Mundi is killed. In my opinion, this set would be the best way to release Ki-Adi, and Bacara too. Plus you get a sweet hovertank bristling with guns. C'mon Lego, a set like that would sell, sell, sell!
ItsTwentyBelow

Postby starwarslegosforever » Sat May 22, 2010 1:59 am

ItsTwentyBelow wrote:Here's another idea for a great Episode III set:

Republic UT-AT-$50-Includes Ki-Adi Mundi, Commander Bacara, and 1 or 2 Galactic Marines. A UT-AT is seen being destroyed by Octuparra droids on Mygeeto in Episode III shortly before Ki Adi Mundi is killed. In my opinion, this set would be the best way to release Ki-Adi, and Bacara too. Plus you get a sweet hovertank bristling with guns. C'mon Lego, a set like that would sell, sell, sell!

Absolutely! But wouldn't the UT-AT be a pretty big set including 800-1000 pieces like the AT-TE or the Republic Gunship, so i'm guessing it would probably cost a 100-120 bucks (outrageous for a toy you have to put together yourself).
starwarslegosforever

Postby bigj22 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Lets me honest here. I think most people would love to see diaramas instead of ships. Such as:
SW
Uncle Owens Homestead
Full Cantina
Yavin Base

ESB
Yoda's Swamp
Imperial Deck w/bounty hunters

ROTJ
Ewok Village
Sarcoon Pit

POTM
Theed Palace

AOTC
JEDI TEMPLE W/JEDIS
Kaminoan City w/ Taun We
Geonosion Arena w/ Acklay and other Creatures

ROTS
Battle On Mustafar (lava)

Just ideas here but it would be nice to have more of these. I get excited when they come out with diaramas. :D
bigj22

Postby Bellicose » Sun May 23, 2010 2:24 pm

I completely disagree - I prefer (by quite a bit) ships to dioramas. I just built the Venator set, and I'm frustrated to the degree that the outside model was distorted to make room for playset/diorama features, and I hope LEGO continues with the midi scale models to help offset that.

Doesn't mean I don't like dioramas, I'm working on my own enhancements of the Home One set, but I usually only get the dioramas because they include a ship (in the case of Home 1, I didn't have an A-Wing yet, and it was the best I'd seen yet).
Bellicose

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Dioramas have brought some of the best sets to light (Death Star, Battle of Endor, ect).
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Dendo » Mon May 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Dioramas are nice, but they usually push the price point up. My wallet needs more affordable sets. I tend to see dioramas as the fan's responsibility to build using the sets that are offered (and a little help from the bricklinks of the world...).
Dendo

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars