Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby Darthboba281 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm surprised nobody thought outside the box (more). Why not another Expanded Universe lego set or. How about a Holiday Special one? (Okay, it would probably be a bad idea to make even a single Holiday Special lego set. ;) )
Darthboba281

Postby donneyboy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Tie Shuttle-
transport all the important Imperial commanders, generals, and officers with this set. includes Imperial Pilot, Captain Needa, and an imperial officer.

345 pcs
$49.99

Special Edition Minifigure scale Executor
description-
own this new exclusive set from lego. The Executor is Lord Vaders personal Super Star Destroyer as seen in The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi. Includes 2 AT-AT's, 2 AT-ST's, 5 Tie Fighters, 1 Imperial Shuttle, 50 stormtroopers, 50 Imperial officers,10 gunners, Emperor Palpitine, Darth Vader, and 2 A-wing pilots, and 2 A-wings. measures 10 feet long.

350,256 pcs
$4,000

The Battle of Geonosis-
description-
Help the Republic defeat the separatists. set includes 2 AT-TE's, 4 Hailfire droids, 6 spider droids, 2 heavy cannons, 2 clone pilots, 40 clones, 60 droids, and 2 clone gunners.

5,214 pcs
$500.00
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby The Brain » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Some of these ideas are getting really ridiculous. I think that people need to think about the practicality of their wish-list set actually being made...

I have a feeling that TLG isn't going to be remaking very many of their old playsets, which would (very unfortunately) mean Jabba's Palace revamped would be unlikley to happen. That being said, I played Jedi Academy last night and realized how badly I wanted a Lego rancor...or two...or three... :D
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby CommanderFox » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:03 pm

OK heres a really good EU idea and I can bet people will buy Fleets of these :D then sell off the sith lords for cash :lol: (well thats what I would do)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_interceptor
For $25 and comes with a KOTOR sith, this baby will do justice to the people :D

IMAGINE:
Fly through the republic forces and DESTROY their capital ships with the NEW star wars Lego SITH INTERCEPTER.
Well what do you guys think I personally love the short story :D

CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby Flynn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 pm

I think EU ships may have a chance once LEGO's done with the Clone Wars. Sure, the characters and ships won't be as easily recognizable as the X-Wing or Falcon, but I'm sure kids would still love the oppurtunity to have a cool-looking ship with a cool-looking sith/jedi/alien. We'd know who the people and ships were, but to kids, it would just be another awesome starfighter to add to the battlles. I think it's work, anyway.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Michael » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 am

Some ideas for future kits;

Clone Wars
- Techno Union Tri Droid - comes with 2 battle droids + 2 super battle droids + 1 clone
- General Grievous starfighter - comes with GG (improved version)
- minifig scale Malevolence - with Dooku, GG (improved version), 2 battle driods + 1 tactical driod (this is in the same style as the upcoming Venator and the 6211 ISD)
- Battle droid battlepack - 4 battle droids + 2 super battle droids
- Republic speeder (as used on Orto Plutonia) comes with hoodie version of Anakin

Classic
- Mos Eisley Cantina - comes with Luke, Ben, C-3PO, Han, Chewbacca and Greedo. The set has a number of booths + the bar
- Tie Fighter - updated version, done in grey (not the black blue combo) comes with 1 Tie Fighter pilot
Michael

Postby donneyboy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:26 pm

here's some more-

Tie Fighter Collection
description-
Destroy the Rebel Alliance with the Tie collection. Includes Darth Vaders Tie, 2 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors, 2 Tie Bombers, Tie Shuttle and a Tie Boarding Craft. Includes Darth Vader, 8 Tie Pilots, and 4 Stormtroopers.

pieces-

price-
$199.99

Millennium Falcon version IV
description-
Own the fastest ship in the galaxy once again! The Millennium Falcon is Han Solo's personnel ship that he flew from Mos Eisley to the Death Star to save Princess Leia. It also made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs. Includes Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO, and 2 Stormtroopers.

pieces-
price-
$119.99

micro scale (like vaders tie in the death star)

Millennium Falcon
pieces-
price-
$19.99
includes han, and chewie

X-Wing
Y-Wing
A-wing
B-Wing
Tie Fighter
Tie Bomber
all $9.99 includes one pilot
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Bengh_Zeran » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:53 am

Hey, I've got an idea for some next year sets:

How about all new Lego SW maxi-battle packs with say 15 Clone Wars Troopers of an all new Legion?
I'd call it the Underground Battle Legion (to sweep the sewers of Coruscant) and all clones would wear orange colored uniforms with lime printing, a blue clone helmet and they'd carry all kinds of Crystal Powered blaster rifles!

How 'bout that? (Of course, the other maxi-battle pack would contain 15 dark jedi mercenaries from the secret Star Miners Society)

insert tongue-in-cheek emoticon here
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is The Force.
(The Jedi code)
Bengh_Zeran

Location: somewhere between Dxun and Nar Shaddaa... (Netherlands)

Postby Blacknight » Tue May 05, 2009 9:50 pm

My list in no order:

-Salacious Crumb (he's painted on gunship but STILL no actual minifig?)
-More playsets
-Tri-droid and Crab droid
-Juggernaut (Turbo Tank) remake – this time with BIG wheels
-Greivous Starfighter remake – with improved Grievous
-Tantive IV Blockade Runner along same lines as Republic Cruiser
-UCS A-wing, Venator Star Destroyer or Executor (I don’t collect UCS but one of these three would make me make an exception)
-Theta (Emperor’s Ep. 3) shuttle
-Gian speeder with new Naboo guard
-Naboo starship or Padme’s shuttle in chrome
-More clone units: Galactic Marines highest priority - others include Gree, 501st, 212th etc. (I imagine these will have to wait though until season 3+ of the Clone Wars series rolls around and Lego sculpts a new phase II helmet)
-More new Jedis like Aayla etc.
Blacknight

Postby FizzyPoppers » Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 am

We need more OT, so I choose a...

1) Dagobah Playset

2) Yavin 4 Playset

3) sith/jedi battle packs

4) Death Star Detention Center Playset

5) Tie drone

6)Geonosis Battle Pack/Playset
Image YOU MUST CHOOSE... Image
FizzyPoppers

Postby Shizzlakistan » Wed May 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Even though it still seems pretty rockin, I originally thought that Home One was going to be the whole ship. Since it is not, the Rebels are in dire need of a capital ship. In general, Lego has been shying away from the original trilogy of late, which I am a bigger fan of personally, so all of my votes are for the Galactic Civil War sets.
If in 2010 - 2011, Lego should release a Tantive IV on a minifigure scale. I suppose it could come with Darth Vader and two stormtroopers, and Captain Raymus Antilles, Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, two Rebel Troopers, and a new pilot specific to the Tantive IV, and possibly even a Bothan Spy minifigure.
A GR-75 Rebel Transport, perhaps Hoth themed since that is its most famous moment, I think would be appropriate. It could include a Hoth Rebel Trooper, Rebel Pilot, Rebel mechanic, and a Sullistan pilot.
A new TIE fighter would be great, similar in color scheme as Darth Vader's TIE fighter. I read a rumor of a new the Force Unleashed TIE fighter set with Rahm Kota, Galen Marek, and a TIE Pilot. This sounds perfect, especially if the new Galen Marek actually looked like himself, unlike the last one which was a little off. It could either be Kota or a Phase Zero Dark Trooper though, because I personally would want more than one TIE fighter, but would not need more than one Kota (who is awesome).
I'm sure there are going to be new battle-packs to come out before the license expires, so my suggestions are to have a new Empire battle-pack, which would include two stormtroopers, a scout trooper, an imperial officer, or even a Phase Zero Dark Trooper. The complementary Rebel battle-pack would have two or three Rebel Commandos (like from The Battle of Endor set), a wookie warrior (modelled from Battlefront II), and maybe a bothan spy instead of one of the comandos (also modelled from Battlefront II).
I am simply a huge fan of the Force Unleashed story and time period, so another Force Unleashed set would be amazing. On this I have a few thoughts. One would be a set of the derilict home of Marek family on Kashyyyk, which was the site of the birth of the Rebellion, and would include Princess Leia, Bail Organa, Rahm Kota, Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, and Juno Eclipse (hopefully one that looks actually like Juno Eclipse, unlike the last one). The second idea is the Emporer's throne room, which could have The Emperor, Darth Vader, Imperial Senate Guard, Galen Marek, Bail Organa, Rahm Kota, Garm Bel Iblis, and Mon Mothma. My preference would be for the first considering what a pivotal moment it was.
I'm sure Lego will focus on the Clone Wars series for the rest of the license, but I think all of these stes are feasible, reasonable, and would include cool new ships, minifigures and parts. Ever since the announcement of Home One, it got me to thinking that Lego is willing to do new and different sets, and even expanded universe stuff more instead of re-releasing the same ships repeatedly, which is fine in most cases, but I do like brand new sets.
Shizzlakistan

Postby roblin » Thu May 07, 2009 12:18 am

I was thinking... the Death Star is about 400 dollars, a lot of cash, right... so why not make a module based Death Star so that kids aswell as collectors could buy more inexpensive modules that could interlock and ultimately become a "Look at the size of that thing" kind of Death star. It does not have to be bigger then the one available, but buying the thing in modules would allow more people to get at least a smaller Death Star Playset.

Just a thought.

/R
roblin

Postby onions » Thu May 07, 2009 11:59 am

roblin wrote:I was thinking... the Death Star is about 400 dollars, a lot of cash, right... so why not make a module based Death Star so that kids aswell as collectors could buy more inexpensive modules that could interlock and ultimately become a "Look at the size of that thing" kind of Death star. It does not have to be bigger then the one available, but buying the thing in modules would allow more people to get at least a smaller Death Star Playset.

Just a thought.

/R

i've had this idea since the beginning. if it was interlocking to ultimately create what the ucs set is now, i have no doubt it would sell better simply because it would be more accessible at cheaper price points. it's easy to save up allowance for a few weeks to get a few sets, than it is to save for a few months to get one big set. and there is incentive to buy at least one of each set to create the bigger model; "gotta catch'em all" ring a bell?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby firestorm » Thu May 07, 2009 12:06 pm

onions wrote:than it is to save for a few months to get one big set. and there is incentive to buy at least one of each set to create the bigger model; "gotta catch'em all" ring a bell?

I agree. Cheaper prices means it will sell better. If you look at some examples, the ewok attack can go up to $80-$120 (MSRP: $10?) now. Where as bigger sets won't go up 8X higher than their MSRP price like the Cloud City.

And YES POKEMON !!!
firestorm

Postby meeotch » Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Not only that, but I think that the total would exceed the 400 dollar MSRP of the current set, due to the laws of economy of scale. Just to use some simple numbers: let's say that the set is broken up into 8 sectors. If you divided the price evenly, then it would be 50 dollars a sector, but in reality, TLG could probably get away with charging 60 bucks per section, making an extra 80 bucks per full set.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby onions » Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm

firestorm wrote:
onions wrote:than it is to save for a few months to get one big set. and there is incentive to buy at least one of each set to create the bigger model; "gotta catch'em all" ring a bell?

I agree. Cheaper prices means it will sell better. If you look at some examples, the ewok attack can go up to $80-$120 (MSRP: $10?) now. Where as bigger sets won't go up 8X higher than their MSRP price like the Cloud City.

And YES POKEMON !!!

i wasn't talking about aftermarket value but i can see where your priorities lie.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby legofett » Fri May 08, 2009 5:44 am

roblin wrote:I was thinking... the Death Star is about 400 dollars, a lot of cash, right... so why not make a module based Death Star so that kids aswell as collectors could buy more inexpensive modules that could interlock and ultimately become a "Look at the size of that thing" kind of Death star. It does not have to be bigger then the one available, but buying the thing in modules would allow more people to get at least a smaller Death Star Playset.

Just a thought.

/R

The only problem is that TLG no likey letting kids be content with cheaper rooms they want us to feed the Lego company the whole platter and cash in big, not just an appetizer. Seriously Lego goes overboard with their prices. I don't know about Europe, but in America my peers think that lego prices are psycotic.

Yes, I still and always will love collecting lego though.

Back on topic we are in need of a remake of a Death star playset style Jabba's palace. Also either 1 of the 3 Rebel trasnsport, Medical Frigate, or a Blockade runner in the style of the star-destroyer, and Repubic Venator. Scince TLG already ruined Home-one/Moncalimari cruiser.
legofett

Postby Melanieshaman » Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 am

Brand new here, and i wanted to start with what i'd love to see from lego...

EU (i know i know)
Legacy era
Cade, Jeriah, Deliah, Emperor Fel, Marasiah Fel, The Imperial Knights, Wolf, Shado, all those wonderfully evil sith- Kryat, Talon, Nihl (his lightsabre would be sweet), Wyyrlok, Maladi, etc... Rav, even the ghost of Cole Skywalker.

The Mynock-Cade's ship
I'm sure i'm forgetting alot of stuff but it's early

whoops! the one i wanted to post about... Aalya Secura! My favorite Jedi... and Quinlan Vos
Melanieshaman

Postby LEGOscum » Sun May 10, 2009 11:16 am

I thought I'd just throw in the fact that the LEGO Star Wars team works over a year in advance so the 2010 LSW line has already been designed and finalised by LEGO and LFL.

But that's no reason to stop guessing what it might include.
LEGOscum

Postby dWhisper » Sun May 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Ewok attack is only that high because of the minifigs in the set and the relative difficulty in finding them after the fact. I had extras, but sadly, they were lost in the only trade I ever had go bad on FBTB (in fact, it was my first trade too... I still remember the guy, and every time he posted on the old boards, I'd send all kinds of PMs).

I'd like to see a few different takes and variations on canon ships (like how we're getting the new A-Wing in Home One). Redo's of the TIE series in the same design as Vader's TIE seems like a no brainer (and considering how inferior the old TIEs look next to Vaders, it's needed now). They have a theme going on this, and can keep it going forward. We have the Battle for Endor on the ground, why not add the space battles in the ship line above?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars