Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby Flynn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:49 pm

The AT-OT is in the AT-OT/Dropship set (Duh), and the AT-RT is called the Clone Scout Walker by LEGO.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Galagoo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 pm

In addition to what Flynn said..

2. The tank seen on Mygeeto in ROTS.
4. We got a droid tri-fighter, but we didn't get a tri-droid nor its smaller cousin.
5. It's this one, seen on Utapau in EpIII, for instance.
6. The clones in blue; the clones in orange; the Kashyyyk scouts.

And since both tri-droid and crab-droid have been shown in the CW series, I think they've got pretty strong potential to appear as LEGO in the future, too.
Galagoo

Postby Inzane » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Flynn, Galagoo....

I appreciate the attempt at trying to educate me, but my prior post was meant as mostly sarcastic. ;)
Inzane

Postby Galagoo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 am

Well, this is a forum full of Star Wars freaks, so what did you expect? :p
Galagoo

Postby jonah2013pal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Maybe some new accessories would be good. Now that lightsaber handles are chrome, the blades could be glow-in-the-dark! Then we wouldn't have minifigures with light-up lightsabers that have to be "disposed of in an environmentally safe way." :lol: Or, there could be minifigure sets that contain minifigures with accessories and nothing else, like there were in 2000. And maybe on some sets, there could be small holes in the blasters for ascension cables with grapple hooks at the other end!
jonah2013pal

Postby Flynn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm

jonah2013pal wrote:Or, there could be minifigure sets that contain minifigures with accessories and nothing else, like there were in 2000.

LEGO can't release those anymore, Hasbro had a fit over the original Minifig Sets, saying that LEGO had infringed the boundaries of "construction toy" and "action figure" (Yeah, 'cause Hasbro is the only company producing action figures).
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby meeotch » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Well, they are the only company making Star Wars action figures.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Flynn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 pm

It's still stupid, Minifigures aren't going to completely upstage the action figures, if I have a Han Solo minifigure, that doesn't mean tha because of that I won't buy the action figure. People buy minifigures and action figures for different reasons, one's never going to replace the other.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby CommanderFox » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 am

Hey guys what about a battlepack of clones from shadow squadron in CW
I just like there helmet desine :)
CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby darth jason » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm down with more battle packs or even accessory packs with maybe some different helmets and guns, maybe a light crew served weapon of some sorts(e-web, morter, rocket launcer what have you). I know everyone hates stickers but it may not be a bad idea for some insignia and stripes and what not to customize the clones further. They have always had these types or accessory packs for action figure lines. I'd be all over these.

Oh no! I just had a flash thought! GALACTIC MARINES!!! A galactic marine battle pack would be awesome. Since they're marines they have to be able to produce a massive volume of fire so they should be better armed than your standard "line doggie" clone. So lots of personal weapons. I love the colour scheme on them and Ive always thought the snowtroopers were cool looking so I was pretty stoked in ROS when they appeared on screen.

Man thats almost as good as the astro mech set i mentioned a while back.
darth jason

Postby theams » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:33 am

why cant they do heroes and villians 'battle packs' again.

for example

1 Luke, Leia, Han
2 Wedge, Rebel Pilot, Rebel Soilder
3 The Emperor, Darth Vader,Stormtrooper/Death Star trooper
4 Padme,Typho, C3PO
5 Obi wan, Anakin, R2D2

and from the Expanded Universe

1 Jacen, Jania , Anakin (Vong War)
2 Mara Jade, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn
3 Thrawn, Pelleon, Daala
4 Cal Omas, Cha Niathal , Jacen Solo (2nd Galactic Civil War)
5 Boba Fett, Goran Beviin, Mirta Gev
6 Talon Karrde, Booster Terrik, Aves
theams

Postby Galagoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:22 am

As far as I know, there's a simple answer: character packs wouldn't sell as well as normal battle packs, and only few people would by multiple sets. Who wants to have several Lukes?

In addition, the EU character packs would most likely sell even worse, for most LEGO buyers don't have a clue who Thrawn is - let alone Yuuzhan Vongs.
Galagoo

Postby Flynn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:46 am

theams wrote:why cant they do heroes and villians 'battle packs' again.

Read the posts before you.

Flynn wrote:LEGO can't release those anymore, Hasbro had a fit over the original Minifig Sets, saying that LEGO had infringed the boundaries of "construction toy" and "action figure"

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby drsherpa » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I hope they come out with a giant senator battle pack
Relive "The Hostage Crisis" for yourself. this set comes with tons of figs
senator Chu-Chi (from Tresspass)
Padme
Anakin
Cad Bane
Aurra Sing
x2 Assassin Droids
x3 Random Senators
x3 Senate Commandos
x2 Commando Droids
Pirate or the weird guy that kills the lights.
875 Pieces $85 USD

now that would be friggin sweet
<<Do Work Son!!>>
drsherpa

Postby legofett » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:38 pm

drsherpa wrote:I hope they come out with a giant senator battle pack
Relive "The Hostage Crisis" for yourself. this set comes with tons of figs
senator Chu-Chi (from Tresspass)
Padme
Anakin
Cad Bane
Aurra Sing
x2 Assassin Droids
x3 Random Senators
x3 Senate Commandos

875 Pieces $85 USD

now that would be friggin sweet

Not for me as I hate the childish Anima t.v. show. I hate it because the canon in it seems so far fetched, but i'm beating a dead rotting horse.

Also Hasbro will sue Lego if they make an all fig sets. "It will cross the boundries between action figure rights, and building toy rights." >8(

Anyway a revamped jabba's palace for around $60-100 works for me. Comes with Rancor, oola (the slave before leia, that the rancor ate), Jabba, Carbonite han, Skiff Han, Boush Leia, slave bikini leia, Jedi luke (with/without rope) Max Rebo, Boba Fett, chewie, R2-D2, C3-po, gammoreans, Lando, palace guards, Malikie (rancor keeper), sarlacious crumb, bommar monk, gonk droid, ev9-d9,the other 3 dancers, a few generic bounty hunters, and Bib Fortuna. Probably better at $200-300 though because of all the figs. Like the Death star playset but jabba's palace.
legofett

Postby dandaman62 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 am

. Trade federation control room: A tiny set, this includes a small control desk where nemoidans sit, and a screen where you can insert a pic of queen amidala or just plain static. mini figs include: Nute gunray, rune hakko, (that cowardly nemoidian whose name i've forgotten), 3 nemoidians, TC-14 and a holographic Darth Sidious (with a holo-stand for him)

. Gungan Sub: let's face it, the old one sucked. the new gungan sub would be true to the movie (one cockpit), and include all four fish that was seen in the underwater scenes. and of course we'd have jar jar, qui-gonn and obi wan (with his hair).

.Monster Arena: A sort of small set. The main thing to build here would be the prison charriot with a geonosian guard and the three prison poles. But I feel the three monsters deserve to be in lego form, so that would mean the reek, acklay, and that tiger thing to. And of course padme, anakin and obi-wan.
dandaman62

Postby roblin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:43 am

Its been said before in this thread, but the only one I really think have been missing over the years is a 1:33 minifig scale Blockaderunner Tantive IV. I know 10019 was available, but it was out of range for me, plus i only care really care for the minifig scale kits. They did a nice Republic Cruiser i think, so something like that would be great.

/R
roblin

Postby donneyboy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 am

I have a few more-

Tantive IV-
description-
relive the opening scenes of Episode IV Anew Hope with this new set. The Tantive IV is Princess Leia's personal ship, that got caught by a Imperial Star Destroyer, then boarded by Stormtroopers. you can take off the side panels and play inside. includes Captain Antilles, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, R2-D2, C-3PO, 10 Rebel Troops, and 10 Stormtroopers.

$399.99
4,049 pieces

Landspeeder-
description-
go back to Episode IV with the landspeeder. landspeeder measures 6 inches long, and includes Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO, and 2 Sand People.

$14.99
105 pcs
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby drsherpa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:09 pm

I would like to see these two sets, maybe in a giant Christopholis Battle Pack

UCS Clone Artillery Cannon, Relive the Battle of Christopholis with this massive gun. Includes clone gunner, 2 clones (to load the gun), and captain Rex, 1000 pieces, $99USD

UCS Separatist Artillery Cannon, Relive the Battle of Christopholis and the Battle of Ryloth with this new set. Includes Droid gunner (maybe a green or something) 2 battle droids, 2 clones, and Obi Wan Kenobi
<<Do Work Son!!>>
drsherpa

Postby yama » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Flynn wrote:
theams wrote:why cant they do heroes and villians 'battle packs' again.

Read the posts before you.

Flynn wrote:LEGO can't release those anymore, Hasbro had a fit over the original Minifig Sets, saying that LEGO had infringed the boundaries of "construction toy" and "action figure"

What about the japanese Medicom company with the Kubrick models? They never had any problems. And they even sell sets like the Cantina Band and so on.

Back to topic: Since the UCS MF and Deathstar are a little expensive and not comparable in my opinion to the usual sets, I would like to see anything with a tatooine Luke and old Ben. Why not a 20$ Landspeeder? Or a bigger playset with Cantina? Bens Hut? Lars' hut? I would love it all.
yama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars