Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First look at Home 1 set from ToyFare magazine

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: First look at Home 1 set from ToyFair magazine

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 pm

"Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!" :mrgreen:

I love it. New Lando equals win, plus all the brand new figs make this set 150% cooler than the Endor set. Plus, the A-wing is a set nobody cannot resist saying, "Awwh, how cute!" because it just is. Awesome swoosh+new color=Bo will buy.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Solo wrote:According to the information given to us at the time of that chat with the designers, it should be fall of this year (if I'm not mistaken).

If you look, it says August on the catalog.
Turkguy19

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 pm

You know I'm not that observant. Plus it's too blurry for me to bother with a second glance.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby RogueJedi007 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm

This looks great! The minifigs and the green A-wing! Very nice!

And I agree that the playset is not the greatest but Lego is not really know for great playsets except maybe the new Death Star. But other than that, Cloud City was not very good, Echo Base was not very good. So I think we are used to sub-par playsets by now.
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby lordvader208 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:25 pm

I think even the Cloud City set looks like a better playset than this, mainly because it has so many rooms and has an appearance from the outside. But those Home One set has better minifigs and a ship, which the Cloud City is lacking. It might be better if Lego used the same idea as in the death star and had a floor plan that was split into separate "rooms" or something, one for the hanger, one for the control room, and etc. Overall, this is almost a "must" for me because I don't have an A-wing and you can't go wrong with those new minifigs. And the thought of having two Ackbar heads! :mrgreen: I'll swap them with my Slave Leia anyday
lordvader208

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 pm

I, too, had hoped for a model of the ship Home One, something that would be akin to the ISD or upcoming Venator. However, I had the sense to realize long ago that that was wishful thinking. That being said, this set looks AWESOME. As many have said, the figs are money and I am a fan of the A-wing, so it will be nice to grab it in a different color. Unsure from the pictures just how big/how many pieces this set will be, but I recall from the preliminary discussions that TLC was aiming for a $100-$150 commemorative set. I am greatly anticipating the release of this one. . . in terms of minifigs, this year will really be the crown jewel in the Lego Star Wars line, IMO.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 pm

So what is the purpose of the long rods extending form the landing platform? What does it attach to? We need more pics
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby LFN » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:03 pm

I think this turned out pretty much as expected. The curvy shape of the Mon cal cruiser would be pretty difficult to incorporate into a open-up playset a la the ISD, no? The addition of Madine?, and mon mothma is a pleasant surprise.
Akuma No Z
LFN

Re: First look at Home 1 set from ToyFare magazine

Postby yankeeken » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:25 am

Its not exactly what I expected, but it still looks pretty cool. I'm really liking the idea of a green A-wing, however I was expecting the set to be a bit bigger in size.

The more I look at this set, the more it is starting to remind me of the original B-wing (7180). It looks to be fairly similar, except it has a bunch of new minifigs.
yankeeken

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 am

I was under the impression that the Home One would appear as a Star Destroyer or Republic Cruiser-type playet with the outer appearance of the Home One. Still, I absolutely cannot complain about Lando, Mon Mothma and, of course, Admiral "It's a Trap!" Ackbar. While I like the individual components, I'm not digging the way it looks as a whole. The A-Wing garage looks like an MOC any casual builder could have cooked up and if they were going to package the set like this, I would almost absolutely demand a control bridge (complete with spinning chairs!) instead of merely the briefing room. Then again, the briefing room doesn't even come with seats, or even a memorial plaque. If I get this, it would be only for the minifigs. Even the A-Wing isn't growing on me.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Skafte » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:14 am

I think it's great that it isn't another big ISD-type ship with interior. That would jack up the price and propably not include as many figs. Many would also complain about their lack of display space. I love all the unique figs!
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:41 am

I'm very happy that it wasn't like the ISD-type of play set. I really like the new figures, in peticular Lando.
I'll definatly be picking this up.
DestructiveDelirium

Postby Crusader » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:59 am

Crusader likes it. Clearly it is intended for AFOLS's only, as few kids under ten probably even know who most of the figures are.

Read the next line in old fossil voice:

Crusader remembers way back in spring of '83, when the only action figures you could find were Mon Mothma, Madine and Ackbar. Why they were the original peg warmers Crusader declares. Back in the day if you were cool like Crusader was, you could flaunt your hard-to-find "Luke with a green lightsaber" or your Biker Scout right in the faces of the poor saps desperately trying to play with Madine with lame white pointy stick*.

However over time, Crusader has warmed to some of these "more words less action" heroes of the Rebellion. Strangely enough, some of the best acting in ROTJ is done by an actor in a giant lobster suit. This set looks to be in the $50-$70 range. The trick will be trying to persuade my kids to ask Santa Claus for it.

*Naturally the tables were turned when the same saps, now suddenly gods among us, strode on to the playground clutching one of the two ewok action figures (the original run I'm guessing was like 3 dozen--you could not find them anywhere!), and an actual speeder bike (I think Kenner made like four of them before they accidentally broke the mold and said "the Hell with it, no kid will buy them anyway").
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Darth's Daddy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:30 am

It's kind of like the Hoth base idea. But maybe a little better.
I like this set a ton. New figs and the green A-wing are great. I even like the little Death Star hologram in the control room.
Thanks for the pics Chewk!
Darth's Daddy

Postby FirstCircle » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 am

Not what I anticipated, but that's a good thing. I never liked the idea of a Home 1 set, but it being small with lots of cool figs will probably put it in the 50 USD range. I can live with that. Here's also a good shot for those that missed the killer A-Wing last time around.

I was concerned that the set would be huge and boring... around 100 smackers... I didn't want to shell out that much for figs alone. We'll see what the final design looks like. If nothing else I'll have to BrickLink or trade for a General Lando and Ackbar.
My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Postby Brickoholic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am

I'm surprised with the minifig range. I was hoping for Madine, Lando and Mothma but wasn't really expecting to get them. The only thing I was really hoping for was the bridge, but I'm sure I can slap one together myself and add it on. :)

FirstCircle wrote:Not what I anticipated, but that's a good thing. I never liked the idea of a Home 1 set, but it being small with lots of cool figs will probably put it in the 50 USD range. I can live with that. Here's also a good shot for those that missed the killer A-Wing last time around.

I was concerned that the set would be huge and boring... around 100 smackers... I didn't want to shell out that much for figs alone. We'll see what the final design looks like. If nothing else I'll have to BrickLink or trade for a General Lando and Ackbar.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on a fifty dollar price (I assume your talking US dollars) ... I'm still bracing myself for $100 CND, since the A-wing itself is about $25-30 in value. I saw one source saying that the Echo Base set would be $30 US itself (so likely $40 CND). I really hope that is not true, because though that set is awesome, its not worth that much, and I'd have to limit myself to just one, instead of the two I planned to buy if it was $25-30.
Brickoholic

Postby liquidcross » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

I want this. Badly. But I've got a feeling it's going to follow the trend of many 2009 LEGO sets, and be too expensive. :(
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby CoR3Bu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Oh, man!! This sets is beyond awesome :lol: !!!
I am definitely going to buy this as soon as it comes out!
The only thing is... were is the sixth new minifig?
All I see are two Mon calimarians, new Lando,
Mon Mothma, the Crix guy, and a rebel pilot.
As far as I can see the pilot isn't new. Maybe there an
invisible Bothan some were! :D !!! Let's hope this set is not too expensive >8( !

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men!
CoR3Bu

Postby Jargon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Suddenly, my life has meaning. Buying, building, and loving this set has become my new life's calling.
Or . . . something.
Here's hoping its not too drainging on the wallet.
Jargon

Postby darthlucas07 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Wow looks really cool , I think that the pole extending from the floor is made to rotate the A-wing platform. The conference room looks like it was designed very well with the hologram and wrap around theatre. I also see a coomand bridge on top of the conference with Ackabar's chair with big headrest and big windows. overall very good set!
darthlucas07

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars