Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First look at Home 1 set from ToyFare magazine

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: First look at Home 1 set from ToyFair magazine

Postby Marf » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

lol the speech bubbles are weird. I just knew that it wouldnt be the entire set but just two parts of it but who cares we get awesome figs! :D I like the A-wing's color isnt that the one that crashed straight throught the super star destroyer's command center?
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby Joedward » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:02 pm

This set made me so happy. The minifigs all look fantastic, the new A-wing is great, and all the other parts are just made of win.
I would love to see more of a ship when this comes out, but I'd be more than happy with just this. We got what we asked for. 'Tis just awesome :mrgreen:
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Zekk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 pm

That's one cool set. I love the A-Wing and the Mon Calamari figs are awesome!
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby xwingyoda » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Upon closer inspection, it appears that this new version of the Awing suffered some design changes ;) I need to have a better close up pic to spot all those differences.

Also with that set and the Endor set, there are plenty of great magnet possibilities :P

Yoda
Last edited by xwingyoda on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
xwingyoda

Postby lordvader208 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 pm

Well, it really wasn't I expected. I never expected the full ship in the first place and I was thinking of something more like a series of rooms, like in the Cloud CIty set. But I think this one is fairly nice, and not too expensive I hope. I'm estimating around $70 for this since there's not too many things involved in this set. It's mainly just a large floor area and a new green A-wing. Though I really wished Lego would stay with the previous red A-wing because I never got that. To afford this thing I think I have to give up buying hmm....the Venator?! :D
lordvader208

Postby darth jason » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Wow!?!

I'm really torn about how much i like this set, on the one hand i really had it in my mind that i wanted this set to be like the ISD and that was what i was expecting especially since the cost that lego was leaning towards in the discussion last year was like $150 as i recall. I may be wrong but i think it was in that neighborhood. i was totally hoping to display home one and the ISD broadsiding each other. So i didnt know what to think when i saw the playset.

But...on the other hand i gotta look at all the pro's and not dwell so much on the con's. A new A wing(which by the way is the only OT rebel starfighter i dont have)and in green. Even though the pics are a little small i like the design of the command center/briefing room. I love the mini figures. mon mothma, Madine, General Calrisian the a-wing pilot and the grail itself Admiral Ackbar and a Mon Cal "ensign johnson".

I have a thing for the construction aspect of these sets. It seems to me the focus is, lately more on the minifigures and the playability of said sets, which is an understandable seeing that AFOL's are the secondary target group behind the younglings. I was really hoping for a big star cruiser with some cool minifigures. Now i just have to look at this more like the hoth rebel base playset, which i think it should be comparable to price wise. I hope its cheaper than the endor battle set because I think they compliment each other vary well and there is just way more stuff all around in the endor set.

Bottom line.. I'm liking this more and more and it confirms the fact that I'll get the repulic attack cruiser now since i dont have to worry about which big,over $100 set my wife will let me buy in this economy.
darth jason

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:07 pm

I had always wished the Slave 1 and Cloud City Platform had won that poll as Home One was just dever as distinctive as the former. This is, however, better than I thought as there doesn't appear to be much stuff cramped together.

Still wish it was Slave 1 though. :)
Master Fetty

Postby Vid » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I'd just like to say that this honestly isn't far off of what I had in my mind since that FBTB Q&A, well done Lego, fantastic set.
Vid

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Mike wasn't too far off, and I'm happy about it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Nighthunter22 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Haha I love the Pink A-Wing. I would buy that I must admit.

Edit: don't use the quote feature when replying to a post right above you. It's redundant and infuriating. Our memories aren't that bad yet! - Don
Nighthunter22

Postby Jettbacca » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 pm

IT"S A TTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Joedward » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Darn you Donald Q. Solo for posting that, now I'm gonna be completely disappointed by the lack of a Bothan in this set.

But ha, I love the squid rolls, and everything about that picture actually.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:59 pm

Okay.

On one hand, I'm really mad because it's not an actual Home One.

On the other hand, this really looks cool, and perhaps it will be better priced.

However, I have the feeling that if the Fan's Choice took place again, the vote would have gone to Arrest of Palpatine.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby TheThrasher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 pm

The set looks a little empty to me. It has the A-Wing (which looks awsome), and then just two platforms, with a little command room. Obviously though, the whole drawing point of this set is the figures, which look absolutly awsome. Hopefully there will be some cool features with all this stuff, so the future is looking bright.
TheThrasher

Postby lordvader208 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 pm

True, it does seem kind of empty, especially in the Hangar Area. And in my opinion, the Hangar is not that big because there's not much space for anything else besides the A-wing, and the A-wing can't be that big either. As far as I can see, there's not too much detail in the set but somehow it does seem to look nice, maybe because it's a new pic. However, this will benefit those who really need an affordable yet nice set. As for features, the only thing I can see is the crane-like thing hovering over the hangar, but it doesn't look fun to play with. I think the command room will be interesting though.
lordvader208

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm

FYI: I'm going to be laughing so hard at everyone in here if it turns out there's more to this set than Toyfare photographed.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 pm

That would be hilarious. I would literally be laughing out loud of Don's prediction came true.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby CaptMaarek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm

The set looks good. I'm especially happy with the new mold for the figures and torsos. The revised white a-wing even looks nice. I liked the last version they had I though it looked pretty good.
So do we know when they might release this set?
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 pm

According to the information given to us at the time of that chat with the designers, it should be fall of this year (if I'm not mistaken).
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Friggin' sweet! I'm gonna reserve judgment on the "Home 1" part of the set, but the minifig selection is very nice: Ackbar, Mon Cal seat-filler, Madine, General Lando Calrissian, Mon Mothma. Now some of you will believe Steve when he says LEGO listens to us. :)
Last edited by Draykov on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Space!
Draykov

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars