Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Last Jedi Trailer

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Last Jedi Trailer

Postby Staff » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 am

If you've been watching the Star Wars Celebration Live Stream, you may have caught the official trailer a couple times already for Star Wars Episode VIII, The Last Jedi. If not, it's already up on YouTube. Luke drops a major bomb at the very end which could mean any number of things.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/04/14/the-last-jedi-trailer/
Staff

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer

Postby jfears2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Everyone keeps saying that it's Luke talking at the end but when I first watched it I thought it was Kylo, not Luke. And then after watching and listening a number of times I don't think it's Kylo or Luke, but maybe someone else. I saw on some youtube comments someone said they thought it sounded like Benicio Del Toro who is supposed to be in the film. It could be him, or I could be way off and it is Luke. But it just sounds so different from Luke's voice at the beginning of the trailer.

As a whole I think it looks great, regardless of all the people who are gonna poo poo it as an ESB rehash. I don't care, I'll take as much Star Wars as I can get! Besides I doubt Finn or Rey end up in carbonite haha.
jfears2

Postby miro78 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm

I was hoping for a teaser trailer as we near the May the 4th date. Looks exciting and I too will take all the Star Wars they want to throw at me.
miro78

Postby martin123 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 am

I think story still remain old only characters will be changed!
martin123

Postby sparkart » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:25 am

I'm not really liking the new spaceship design we saw. I tried making one of those ships from the trailer:

I think it's equal parts my lazy modeling and the unpleasing design of the ship that makes this distasteful. I mean, it's worse than ugly, it's boring. Or maybe it's the greebly details that make it look nice, and I left them all out in this scale?

I'm just reminded of the travesty that was the Eravana. That was a design so bad, that no toy manufacturer bothered to make a replica or playset, no plastic model company produced a model kit, hobbyists didn't clamor for a garage kit, not even the paper model makers cared. Of course, you can find LEGO models of the Eravana online, because those nerdy LEGO people will build anything. ;)
sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:34 am

I honestly didn't even know that ship had a name, and most of the time I pretend that the whole sequence of those scenes didn't even happen. That was easily the weakest part of the whole movie, and felt like a tacked-on obligatory action scene.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby sparkart » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Rogue One also had a weird, tacked-on tentacle creature scene, with the the Bor Gullet. It's as if the film-makers are trying to proceduralize or come up with some kinda standard recipe or checklist of elements that must be in a Star Wars movie...tentacled creature? Check. Space battle? Check. Ground battle? Check. Personal duel or fight? Check. When it's done well, great, it's like having a good pizza. Predictable, but enjoyable. But it is possible to mess up pizza, too.

I was kinda dreading the Han Solo movie (I like men of mystery and shady pasts to remain mysterious and shady), but now I think it'll be a good demonstration that Star Wars can break free of the tried-and-true formula rut.

But back on topic..."Time for the Jedi to end." About time, those guys are jerks. I thought it was strangely callous how Qui Gon treated Shmi Skywalker's situation.
sparkart

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am

He did try to free her. Never really got a chance to come back. Depending on what you read/who you believe, he may have joined Dooku if he lived.
crazybirdman

Postby Blacknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:52 pm

sparkart wrote:I thought it was strangely callous how Qui Gon treated Shmi Skywalker's situation.

Well, capitalism in general relies on a master/slave relationship down through the whole production line. The degree to which it's "voluntary" is open to debate. In other words, if the Jedi made it a priority to start "liberating" every slave they came across, I'm sure a lot of people would start asking why they weren't also leading a people's revolution of the oppressed working class that populates the lower levels of Coruscant rather than sitting up there meditating in their temple all day.

So I get the impression the Jedi were willing to let slavery and feudalism and capitalism and various other systems of economic oppression that existed across the galaxy remain intact, but they'd preach a doctrine that those in power should be merciful and responsible about it. Kind of like how Jesus instructed masters to treat their slaves with respect and dignity. He didn't try to lead a revolution against slavery in general, or against Caesar like many Jews had hoped their messiah would do.

And yes, Qui-Gon is the closest character in Star Wars to Jesus. I mean just look at him.
Blacknight

Postby fallenangel327 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:41 pm

sparkart wrote:Rogue One also had a weird, tacked-on tentacle creature scene, with the the Bor Gullet. It's as if the film-makers are trying to proceduralize or come up with some kinda standard recipe or checklist of elements that must be in a Star Wars movie...tentacled creature? Check. Space battle? Check. Ground battle? Check. Personal duel or fight? Check. When it's done well, great, it's like having a good pizza. Predictable, but enjoyable. But it is possible to mess up pizza, too.

Not like people don't already rag on blockbusters for being formulaic, but it's sad to see Disney being so obvious about it with these new movies.
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby MarOrgana » Mon May 08, 2017 1:14 am

First of all, it is incredible the way this trailer has been made. I loved when Leia is shown as her son was shown in the trailer of episode VII

Here it is a comparison:

This is the most powerful frame in the whole trailer. Let's see how things going with my beloved character.
MarOrgana

Return to Star Wars