Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Clone Wars Pirate Tank New Pics and Info

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Clone Wars Pirate Tank New Pics and Info

Postby Blacknight » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Too bad the episode this tank was in was the worst of the first season IMO. Otherwise it's been well executed by Lego and the pirates will make nice additions to Jabba's skiff guards with a bit of tweaking.
Blacknight

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 pm

I agree, the episode wasn't that great in my opinion. Don't get me worng, the beginning was pretty good with the Republic Shuttle getting shot down, and some of the chase scenes were ok, but Jar Jar and the band of pirates just ruined the potential of the episode.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby meeotch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I have to agree on the episode that this set was in was near the bottom. Now, it wasn't Jar Jar that did this one in for me (see my sig). It was the pirates sporting Cockney accents. Really?!?! I'm kind of fed up with hearing different accents actually spoken here on Earth being spoken by different beings in the GFFA to point out that they're from different locales. I want the writers (or even the voice actors; c'mon guys, get creative, you'll never make it to live action at this rate! :lol: ) to create unique accents for the characters. But Cockney for the pirates? Talk about phoning it in... :roll:
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Ty55 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:11 am

The pirates episode was quite lacking, especially if you watch the director's commentary on starwars.com. :shock: But If the clone wars line is going to turn into a "let's produce a random vehicle from every episode" line, then I'm going to have to stop collecting.
Ty55

Postby starbeanie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 am

Looks like it belongs to the Reavers from Firefly.

Bret
starbeanie

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 am

Huh, I thought the preliminary pictures had Weequay minifigs. That would have been cool. These figs hold zero interest for me, and the model itself just isn't anything special, IMHO, either.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:47 am

Ty55 wrote:The pirates episode was quite lacking, especially if you watch the director's commentary on starwars.com. :shock: But If the clone wars line is going to turn into a "let's produce a random vehicle from every episode" line, then I'm going to have to stop collecting.

and what did you think the clone wars sets were going to be?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby meeotch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

^^^Not only that, but at least by my interpretation, this is the only "random vehicle" set from the Clone Wars line thus far. That is, it's random because it was only in one episode and has characters included that don't leave many story possibilities open. The Hyena Droid was only in one episode, but let's admit it, that thing's pretty badass and can be incorporated into any clones v droids battle. The same can be said of all the other vehicles we haven't seen much of (RAS, RFT, etc) and pretty much all others are starfighters that can also be added to battles as fit. Maybe the Solar Sailer could be included in this list, but it was in the PT, so it isn't just a CW set.

Mister Ed wrote:Huh, I thought the preliminary pictures had Weequay minifigs. That would have been cool. These figs hold zero interest for me, and the model itself just isn't anything special, IMHO, either.

According to the box art, the figs included are Hondo Ohnaka and Turk Falso, so while they may not look the way you wanted them to, there's your Weequays right there.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:47 am

meeotch wrote:According to the box art, the figs included are Hondo Ohnaka and Turk Falso, so while they may not look the way you wanted them to, there's your Weequays right there.

So, Weequay that don't LOOK like Weequay? Yipee. Well, it just makes it easier to save money, I guess. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby Jargon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 am

It'd funny to me how many people buy a set because of its source material. I've never watched the CG Clone Wars show. I didn't like the movie. Nevertheless, providing the price is right, I will own this set.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:32 am

Jargon wrote:It'd funny to me how many people buy a set because of its source material. I've never watched the CG Clone Wars show. I didn't like the movie. Nevertheless, providing the price is right, I will own this set.
    - Aaron

I don't think it is all that unusual. I mean, if something ONLY ever appears in the CW, and you don't watch the show at all, why WOULD you buy the set, except for parts?
Mister Ed

Postby Jargon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Mister Ed wrote:I don't think it is all that unusual. I mean, if something ONLY ever appears in the CW, and you don't watch the show at all, why WOULD you buy the set, except for parts?

The main reason I buy any set, as you mentioned, is for its minifigures and its parts.
However, I do like this set. The look and feel are unique and interesting to me.
I guess I'm just not sentimental about what LEGO does with its pieces. I'm interested in what I can do with them.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 am

Jargon wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:I don't think it is all that unusual. I mean, if something ONLY ever appears in the CW, and you don't watch the show at all, why WOULD you buy the set, except for parts?

The main reason I buy any set, as you mentioned, is for its minifigures and its parts.
However, I do like this set. The look and feel are unique and interesting to me.
I guess I'm just not sentimental about what LEGO does with its pieces. I'm interested in what I can do with them.
    - Aaron

I guess. If I were going to be buying a set ONLY for parts, I'd probably stay away from licensed lines as much as possible, since the price per piece is lower on, say, Creator sets.
Mister Ed

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am

Mister Ed wrote:
meeotch wrote:According to the box art, the figs included are Hondo Ohnaka and Turk Falso, so while they may not look the way you wanted them to, there's your Weequays right there.

So, Weequay that don't LOOK like Weequay?

Erm...nope - Weequay that DO LOOK like Weequay. ;)
Master Fetty

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am

Master Fetty wrote:Erm...nope - Weequay that DO LOOK like Weequay. ;)

Odd CW Weequay, I guess. Not even the right color for any Weequay I've ever seen.
Mister Ed

Postby thepatient » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:58 am

I'm liking this set more and more when I see it. Nice fig collection with it too. Obi-wan, a pirate, and a Michael Jackson minifig (the one with the goggles).
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:48 pm

thepatient wrote:Nice fig collection with it too. Obi-wan, a pirate, and a Michael Jackson minifig (the one with the goggles).

:lol: Well, he does come with his famous red jacket, but no white glove to be seen. What's up with that I ask?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Previous

Return to Star Wars